Mr. Zimmerman drops his attorneys

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Re: Mr. Zimmerman drops his attorneys

In Response to Re: Mr. Zimmerman drops his attorneys:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mr. Zimmerman drops his attorneys : The Stand Your Ground Law in Florida is not a gun law, it's a self defense law.  It takes away the "duty" to flee if you are being attacked and feel your life is in danger.  It may have it's flaws but it is basically a sound law.  You shouldn't be forced to flee rather than defend yourself and face criminal charges...
    Posted by Hingmarsh[/QUOTE]

But it was sold and very much sponsored as a gun law. 

Now, then... Do you think Stand Your Ground applies to a black youth, as well?  Say, just at the level of principle...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mr. Zimmerman drops his attorneys : Hoping this wanna-be-cop-goon gets the maximum sentence, but a larger problem needs to be addressed.  Change this ridiculous law in Florida and get the guns away from idiots.  A 17-year-old kid would be alive and two families lives wouldn`t be ruined.
    Posted by jmel[/QUOTE]
    Really good point. The lives of two families are indeed ruined. I agree about the gun laws in FL. Don't get me wrong, I am not opposed to guns, I just think they should be regulated. While owning a gun is one thing, licenses to carry a concealed weapon should be limited to people involved in justice and law enforcement.

Imagine what a different outcome this whole situation would have had if Zimmerman had not been carrying a gun? He might have actually stayed in the car like the 911 dispatcher told him to. I think the gun made him feel empowered...and that is a dangerous thing in certain situations.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mr. Zimmerman drops his attorneys : Really good point. The lives of two families are indeed ruined. I agree about the gun laws in FL. Don't get me wrong, I am not opposed to guns, I just think they should be regulated. While owning a gun is one thing, licenses to carry a concealed weapon should be limited to people involved in justice and law enforcement. Imagine what a different outcome this whole situation would have had if Zimmerman had not been carrying a gun? He might have actually stayed in the car like the 911 dispatcher told him to. I think the gun made him feel empowered...and that is a dangerous thing in certain situations.
    Posted by miscricket[/QUOTE]

A conservative will imagine a situation where Martin had a gun too. Then what? Two guys dead?