MSNBC's Chris Matthews goes ballistic, calls Bachman a ' balloonhead'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

Re: MSNBC's Chris Matthews goes ballistic, calls Bachman a ' balloonhead'

"Too many conservatives don't know their history"

MSNBC,  the Lean Forward,  network is full of genius progressives like Chris Matthews and Mike Brzezinki.
     MSNBC hostess Mika Brzezinski, when asked on the air in Jan. 2010 who her favorite Founding Father was , answered :
    "Abraham Lincoln" .

Game, set and match.
    http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/01/did-mika-brzezinski-just-say-her-favorite-founding-father-was-lincoln.php

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

In Response to Re: MSNBC's Chris Matthews goes ballistic, calls Bachman a ' balloonhead':
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: MSNBC's Chris Matthews goes ballistic, calls Bachman a ' balloonhead' : Hey numbnutz, Brzezenski isn't an elected congresswoman nor is she, in any way, a representative of the Democratic party. So the only thing you've proven is that you have no game.
    Posted by 12-Angry-Men[/QUOTE]

Mika is a self-described liberal. . . and MSNBC is the official rumpswabber of the Democratic Party in general and Barack Obama in particular.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

Oh, and I thought an MSNBC cable TV host was an elected official.
    My bad....thanks for correcting me.
    All you liberals are so darn smart.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: MSNBC's Chris Matthews goes ballistic, calls Bachman a ' balloonhead':
    [QUOTE]Not since AZ.  It is not an even-steve thing. I didn't realize we were only able to look at little pockets of time. In order to measure things correctly there needs to be a bigger dataset. On the whole, both sides are guilty of being divisive.
    Posted by APerfectCircle[/QUOTE]

The call for stopping the rhetoric came after the AZ tragedy.  It only makes sensethat the measurement is from then, because that's when the complaint was made. 

If you want to expand it to all time, well, I understand Cesaer Agustus made some inappropriate remarks, and should be sanctioned.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MSNBC's Chris Matthews goes ballistic, calls Bachman a ' balloonhead' : Bachman believes that the very people who created our founding documents also worked tirelessly until they ended slavery.  If you believe this statement to be true, you are as absurd as she is.  NO ONE LIVES THAT LONG! The 3/5ths Compromise was put into the Constitution to give the South partial credit for slaves for voting purposes.  Because they treated them as property without any real rights the North balked at giving them complete credit.  Thus the South was allowed to get added votes in Congress and in the Electoral College through millions of people who had no influence in or benefit from the political process.   You have a different version? There were many reasons for why the Civil War happened.  But the main issue was slavery.  The South was afraid that Lincoln and the Republicans would initiate policies that would take away their rights, including their right to own people.  Lincoln's electoral support was almost solely from the North.  The South sought independence from a government that it felt no longer supported its interests or defended its rights.  Lincoln sought to preserve the Union. Fighting broke out.   War resulted.  Sound right?
    Posted by Reubenhop[/QUOTE]

Straining at gnats.  You take a part of her talk that doesn't even matter, and use that to say everythign she has said, will say, might say, is all wrong.  Was a slanted view of the world.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MSNBC's Chris Matthews goes ballistic, calls Bachman a ' balloonhead' : No he does not.  He invents research.  The man is a huckster fraud.   The Nazi theme he enjoys is particularly reprehensible as it demeans the true horror of that regime and denigrates the memory of the millions of victims of Hitler and his minions.  He even tried to implicate Soros in the Holocaust, this despite the fact that he was a 13 year old Jew in hiding from the Nazis. Simply despicable.

Well, I can see talking to you will be like talking to a dining room table.  If you won't even watch him (I don't), how do you know he is making things up?

I doubt he tried to implicate Soros in the holocaust of the 30's and 40's.  You are making that up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MSNBC's Chris Matthews goes ballistic, calls Bachman a ' balloonhead' : Is that why the three major rabbinical organizations have come out publicly and requested Beck and FoxNews to stop with all the specious comparisons to "Nazis"...saying in no uncertain terms how disrespectful (and historically inaccurate) it is to holocaust survivors and jews in general...??
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

Why would rabbis care if he is making any comparisons to NAZI's at all?  No it does not make sense, and I don't even watch him.  Do rabbis own the rights to the term Nazis?

Sounds to me like the rabbis are upset at his politics, and are targeting him with what ever thread they can find.  Not sure, as again, I don't watch him, but it sounds silly to target him and for the rabbis not to target Rob Reiner, who makes it a routine to compare conservative to among other things, nazis. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MSNBC's Chris Matthews goes ballistic, calls Bachman a ' balloonhead' : Straining at gnats.  You take a part of her talk that doesn't even matter, and use that to say everythign she has said, will say, might say, is all wrong.  Was a slanted view of the world.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

The Tea Party roots their ideology in reclaiming the ideals of the past.  If they don't know their history they are frauds in this regard.  Get it?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MSNBC's Chris Matthews goes ballistic, calls Bachman a ' balloonhead' : Well, I can see talking to you will be like talking to a dining room table.  If you won't even watch him (I don't), how do you know he is making things up? I doubt he tried to implicate Soros in the holocaust of the 30's and 40's.  You are making that up.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

So he backs up everything he says with facts... but you don't even watch him.  I guess we have a national fraud and a local one.

Making it up?  Try googling "Beck and Soros".  In November Beck described Soros as a "Jewish boy helping send the Jews to the death camps." 
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/12/politics/main7050335.shtml
    It is one of many attacks he has conducted on Soros many of which are rooted in anti-semitism (a worldwide conspiracy to overturn capitalism, democracy, etc.... sound familiar?).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]"Too many conservatives don't know their history" MSNBC,  the Lean Forward,  network is full of genius progressives like Chris Matthews and Mike Brzezinki.  MSNBC hostess Mika Brzezinski, when asked on the air in Jan. 2010 who her favorite Founding Father was , answered : "Abraham Lincoln" . Game, set and match. http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/01/did-mika-brzezinski-just-say-her-favorite-founding-father-was-lincoln.php
    Posted by BobinVa[/QUOTE]

Who is Mika Brzezinski?  Why do we care?  But it is interesting that you wont admit that Bachman made a mistake.  You give up on the argument and run to find some random (unelected) liberal who made a (similar) historical mistake.  Game set and match?  You are making up the rules as you go along and only playing with yourself.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

The 3/5th clause was superseded by Article 1 Section 2 Clause 3.

Another strawman. 

And if the left uses European Healthcare systems as an example of what is "good" then I can use examples of why the European system is not good, right!

You really offer nothing on these threads.  Nothing factual or even interesting.  Its just wingnut this and wingnut that... and things like "you are stupid"! 

Very informative and worth your time.  Now f off.  Go find a bridge and jump.  I am sure the people in your life will thank you!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

angryman and reuben say it doesnt matter what Mika Brezinski says, she is not in elected office, like Bachman. And Reuben decries (correctly) Beck's use of Nazi references. 
    What to make of this, then? An elected Democrat casting Nazi assertions? 
    Havent heard of it because the leftist media kept it mostly quiet. 

"A Tennessee Democrat is defending his comparison of Republican health care arguments to Nazi propaganda.

Rep. Steve Cohen of Memphis made the remarks earlier this week as House lawmaker debated repealing the new health care law. Cohen, who is Jewish, said Republicans are repeating lies and spreading false information, much like Nazi propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels did about Jews before the Holocaust."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

By the way Whatnow4, although your post was deleted, you are mistaken on Kansas.  The decision was to make the territory decide for itself on slavery (popular sovereignty) and this revoked the previous federal law forbidding slavery north of the southern border of Missouri.  This raised tensions considerably in the nation and in the territory and a mini-Civil War broke out in Kansas between the competing sides.  Kansas became a free state only after Lincoln was elected and the Deep South had seceded.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MSNBC's Chris Matthews goes ballistic, calls Bachman a ' balloonhead' : The Tea Party roots their ideology in reclaiming the ideals of the past.  If they don't know their history they are frauds in this regard.  Get it?

No, the TEA party has their roots in over-taxation.  It stands for TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY?  You keep trying to diminish the TEA party, but, it is real, it is grassroots, and its ideology is not progressivism.  You are not even willing to listen.

And progressives have their roots in making us all slaves to a progressive ideology and government.  Get that?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MSNBC's Chris Matthews goes ballistic, calls Bachman a ' balloonhead' : So he backs up everything he says with facts... but you don't even watch him.  I guess we have a national fraud and a local one. Making it up?  Try googling "Beck and Soros".  In November Beck described Soros as a "Jewish boy helping send the Jews to the death camps."  http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/12/politics/main7050335.shtml It is one of many attacks he has conducted on Soros many of which are rooted in anti-semitism (a worldwide conspiracy to overturn capitalism, democracy, etc.... sound familiar?).

Yah,  I thought you would find that funny.  I catch him evey so often, maybe once a month.  He is quite factual the times I have seen him.  His conclusions?  his conclusions are his own, but his structure to those arguments are based on facts. 

But, I am sure facts are subjective things to you, so I fully exppect you to go into denial mode.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MSNBC's Chris Matthews goes ballistic, calls Bachman a ' balloonhead' : Who is Mika Brzezinski?  Why do we care?  But it is interesting that you wont admit that Bachman made a mistake.  You give up on the argument and run to find some random (unelected) liberal who made a (similar) historical mistake.  Game set and match?  You are making up the rules as you go along and only playing with yourself.

Mika is Zbigniew Brezezinski's daughter.  you know, the progressive in the Carter administration that gave us:  1) a more powerful soviet union, 2) a screwed up mid east, and 3) the disrespect of our allies.  Other than that, he was a hoot.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MSNBC's Chris Matthews goes ballistic, calls Bachman a ' balloonhead' : Man, you really are dimwitted aren't you? That's no act. That's scary....

Gee, I guess they DO own the word.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]angryman and reuben say it doesnt matter what Mika Brezinski says, she is not in elected office, like Bachman. And Reuben decries (correctly) Beck's use of Nazi references.  What to make of this, then? An elected Democrat casting Nazi assertions?  Havent heard of it because the leftist media kept it mostly quiet.  "A Tennessee Democrat is defending his comparison of Republican health care arguments to Nazi propaganda. Rep. Steve Cohen of Memphis made the remarks earlier this week as House lawmaker debated repealing the new health care law. Cohen, who is Jewish, said Republicans are repeating lies and spreading false information, much like Nazi propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels did about Jews before the Holocaust."
    Posted by BobinVa[/QUOTE]

Why is Beck's use of the word Nazi off limits or insulting to jews?  I did not hear what he said, but I strongly oppose people thinking that certain groups "own" certain words.  Does this mean I can't use the word "slave" because black people in the past were slaves and therefore own the word ?  Does this mean I can't use the word abortion to describe something metaphorically, because women own the word abortion? 

These are not nice words, but they are not "owned" by certain groups, and "off limits" to others.  This is political correct nonsense.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MSNBC's Chris Matthews goes ballistic, calls Bachman a ' balloonhead' : Dude you're so full of fertilizer, it's coming out of your mouth. Now you change your stance on the 3/5th clause for this argument. Last time you said it wasn't in the Constitution, therefore the reprobates read the entire document on the HoR floor. Which is it? Or do you just flip flop on every argument depending which way you're losing. Now you say 'the left does it' to try to justify your pathetic arguments. I never brought up European healthcare but you think it's OK for you to bring it up and then acuse me of straw-manning. You're pathetic. You are a strawman.

Hey, 12.  If it is an active part of the constitution, why don't you use it in your next brief?