MSNBC's Chris Matthews goes ballistic, calls Bachman a ' balloonhead'

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Re: MSNBC's Chris Matthews goes ballistic, calls Bachman a ' balloonhead'

In Response to Re: MSNBC's Chris Matthews goes ballistic, calls Bachman a ' balloonhead':
    [QUOTE]angryman and reuben say it doesnt matter what Mika Brezinski says, she is not in elected office, like Bachman. And Reuben decries (correctly) Beck's use of Nazi references.  What to make of this, then? An elected Democrat casting Nazi assertions?  Havent heard of it because the leftist media kept it mostly quiet.  "A Tennessee Democrat is defending his comparison of Republican health care arguments to Nazi propaganda. Rep. Steve Cohen of Memphis made the remarks earlier this week as House lawmaker debated repealing the new health care law. Cohen, who is Jewish, said Republicans are repeating lies and spreading false information, much like Nazi propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels did about Jews before the Holocaust."
    Posted by BobinVa[/QUOTE]

Nazi comparisons are are almost always dreadful.  I saw this guy make this speech and I found it revolting.  Very uncivil.  Very unaware of basic history.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In Response to Re: MSNBC's Chris Matthews goes ballistic, calls Bachman a ' balloonhead':
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: MSNBC's Chris Matthews goes ballistic, calls Bachman a ' balloonhead' : No, the TEA party has their roots in over-taxation.  It stands for TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY?  You keep trying to diminish the TEA party, but, it is real, it is grassroots, and its ideology is not progressivism.  You are not even willing to listen. And progressives have their roots in making us all slaves to a progressive ideology and government.  Get that?
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

Sure Skeeter, there is no attempt to make a connection to our revolutionary past in the Tea Party.  They wear tricorn hats and wave "Don't Tread on Me" flags because they are UNCONNECTED to our history, they have nothing to do with that other Tea Party in 1773. 

And you got some bad progressive paranoia: they are coming to get you, just like your boy Beck who always speaks the truth even though you have never actually watched him.

You are playing pretty loose with reality.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MSNBC's Chris Matthews goes ballistic, calls Bachman a ' balloonhead' : Yah,  I thought you would find that funny.  I catch him evey so often, maybe once a month.  He is quite factual the times I have seen him.  His conclusions?  his conclusions are his own, but his structure to those arguments are based on facts.  But, I am sure facts are subjective things to you, so I fully exppect you to go into denial mode.

So you just ignore the anti-semitism of Beck and his diisgusting slander of Soros.  It must be based on facts in your book.  Want to make a confession about the role of Jews in the world?  Or is it Nazis taking over the world?  Or both?  Paranoia as politics.  It has been done before and it ends badly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MSNBC's Chris Matthews goes ballistic, calls Bachman a ' balloonhead' : Why is Beck's use of the word Nazi off limits or insulting to jews?  I did not hear what he said, but I strongly oppose people thinking that certain groups "own" certain words.  Does this mean I can't use the word "slave" because black people in the past were slaves and therefore own the word ?  Does this mean I can't use the word abortion to describe something metaphorically, because women own the word abortion?  These are not nice words, but they are not "owned" by certain groups, and "off limits" to others.  This is political correct nonsense.

Given the fact that Nazis were avowedly anti-semitic and killed 6 million Jews, calling a Jew a Nazi is simply reprehensible. Almost every Jew has a personal connection to the horror of the Holocaust.  As a "good" Christian you should have a little more compassion in such matters.  After all, the Christians did not treat the Jews particularly well in days gone by.  But that compassion thing is something you apparently missed in Sunday School and you are pretty oblivious to history. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PragmaticAmerican. Show PragmaticAmerican's posts

Ah, with regard to Soros and Beck:  "In November Beck described Soros as a "Jewish boy helping send the Jews to the death camps."

Well, that is in fact more or less fair.  George Soros was, in his own words, a Trusty for Nazis in Hungary, e.g. a collaberator.

He first worked for the Judenrat - the Jewish Council set up by the occupying Nazis to do their dirty work for them.  Then his Father bribed a non-Jewish official at the agriculture ministry to let George live with him. George helped the official confiscate property from Jews.

This is known fact, and Soros has acknowledged he did these things.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PragmaticAmerican. Show PragmaticAmerican's posts

Pardson me, but I have watched clips of Soros admitting this stuff from his own mouth.  His exact comment as to the moral aspect of what he'd done was, "Well, they were going to die anyways."  End quote.

So please cut the "lies and slander" crap.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PragmaticAmerican. Show PragmaticAmerican's posts

Oh, here's another one, smart guy.

This is the relevant portion of the transcript (from the 20 December 1998 broadcast of 60 Minutes):

Quote:

KROFT: (Voiceover) To understand the complexities and contradictions in his personality, you have to go back to the very beginning: to Budapest, where George Soros was born 68 years ago to parents who were wealthy, well-educated and Jewish.

When the Nazis occupied Budapest in 1944, George Soros' father was a successful lawyer. He lived on an island in the Danube and liked to commute to work in a rowboat. But knowing there were problems ahead for the Jews, he decided to split his family up. He bought them forged papers and he bribed a government official to take 14-year-old George Soros in and swear that he was his Christian godson. But survival carried a heavy price tag. While hundreds of thousands of Hungarian Jews were being shipped off to the death camps, George Soros accompanied his phony godfather on his appointed rounds, confiscating property from the Jews.

(Vintage footage of Jews walking in line; man dragging little boy in line)

KROFT: (Voiceover) These are pictures from 1944 of what happened to George Soros' friends and neighbors.

(Vintage footage of women and men with bags over their shoulders walking; crowd by a train)

KROFT: (Voiceover) You're a Hungarian Jew...

Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Mm-hmm.

KROFT: (Voiceover) ...who escaped the Holocaust...

(Vintage footage of women walking by train)

Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Mm-hmm.

(Vintage footage of people getting on train)

KROFT: (Voiceover) ... by -- by posing as a Christian.

Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Right.

(Vintage footage of women helping each other get on train; train door closing with people in boxcar)

KROFT: (Voiceover) And you watched lots of people get shipped off to the death camps.

Mr. SOROS: Right. I was 14 years old. And I would say that that's when my character was made.

KROFT: In what way?

Mr. SOROS: That one should think ahead. One should understand and -- and anticipate events and when -- when one is threatened. It was a tremendous threat of evil. I mean, it was a -- a very personal experience of evil.

KROFT: My understanding is that you went out with this protector of yours who swore that you were his adopted godson.

Mr. SOROS: Yes. Yes.

KROFT: Went out, in fact, and helped in the confiscation of property from the Jews.

Mr. SOROS: Yes. That's right. Yes.

KROFT: I mean, that's -- that sounds like an experience that would send lots of people to the psychiatric couch for many, many years. Was it difficult?

Mr. SOROS: Not -- not at all. Not at all. Maybe as a child you don't -- you don't see the connection. But it was -- it created no -- no problem at all.

KROFT: No feeling of guilt?

Mr. SOROS: No.

KROFT: For example that, 'I'm Jewish and here I am, watching these people go. I could just as easily be there. I should be there.' None of that?

Mr. SOROS: Well, of course I c -- I could be on the other side or I could be the one from whom the thing is being taken away. But there was no sense that I shouldn't be there, because that was -- well, actually, in a funny way, it's just like in markets -- that if I weren't there -- of course, I wasn't doing it, but somebody else would -- would -- would be taking it away anyhow. And it was the -- whether I was there or not, I was only a spectator, the property was being taken away. So the -- I had no role in taking away that property. So I had no sense of guilt.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PragmaticAmerican. Show PragmaticAmerican's posts

Your own comment was, "So you just ignore the anti-semitism of Beck and his diisgusting slander of Soros."  And I responded to that.

You neither showed that Beck was or is anti-Semitic for mentioning these things, nor were you correct as to your "slander" response.  I just showed you you have no clue what the hell you're talking about, and your respionse is a sullen little "so what?"

Your facts are in the same category as the political comment about certain bills: "like a Mackerel at moonlight: it both shines and stinks."

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PragmaticAmerican. Show PragmaticAmerican's posts

Oh yeah, that's true, responses did get a bit confused there. 

Then again, my original response wasn't even to you, but you responded with that 18 paragraph load of nonsense that I immediately showed you you had no idea what you were speaking of.

So it's all good.  You're still a mullethead and still have no freaking clue.

Oh,. you should really alter that "Wingnut" reflex of yours.  You use it all the time.  Cut and paste from a text file?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]Your own comment was, "So you just ignore the anti-semitism of Beck and his diisgusting slander of Soros."  And I responded to that. You neither showed that Beck was or is anti-Semitic for mentioning these things, nor were you correct as to your "slander" response.  I just showed you you have no clue what the hell you're talking about, and your respionse is a sullen little "so what?" Your facts are in the same category as the political comment about certain bills: "like a Mackerel at moonlight: it both shines and stinks."
    Posted by PragmaticAmerican[/QUOTE]

This is what Beck said of Soros: "(a) Jewish boy helping send the Jews to the death camps."  That is a slander.  Nothing you posted comes remotely close to such an accusation. 

I am sure that if you were a 13 year old Jew in hiding from Nazi death squads you would have behaved remarkably different from Soros.  You would have probably have killed Hitler with your bare hands and saved the world.

And Beck's paranoid conspiracy theories often verge into Anti-Semitic territory.
    Check out a recent article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/28/AR2011012807208.html

This stuff might make you think.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PragmaticAmerican. Show PragmaticAmerican's posts

See, that's funny.  Soros has agreed that he, in fact, was in the Judenrat, and did some morally questionable things.

"Soros was born in Hungary in 1930 to non practicing Jewish parents.  His father, a lawyer was able to hide their identities and young George was recruited by the Judenrat to hand out flyers deceptively directing Jews to turn themselves in for deportation to the death camps.  Soros later said he found the work exhilarating."

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/8574

You see, what's really amusing is you guys shrieking "lies," and yet (again) here is Soros agreeing in his own voice that he was a Trusty for the Nazis.

Do I give him a pass for being 14 when he did so?  Yes.  Do I give him a pass for thinking it was of no consequence and he should bear no consequence - even or perhaps especially in his own mind?  I sure in hell do not.

I'm not concerned with Beck's belief system.  He's welcome to it.  But don't go claiming something didn't happen, then blame the messenger.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]See, that's funny.  Soros has agreed that he, in fact, was in the Judenrat, and did some morally questionable things. "Soros was born in Hungary in 1930 to non practicing Jewish parents.  His father, a lawyer was able to hide their identities and young George was recruited by the Judenrat to hand out flyers deceptively directing Jews to turn themselves in for deportation to the death camps.  Soros later said he found the work exhilarating." http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/8574 You see, what's really amusing is you guys shrieking "lies," and yet (again) here is Soros agreeing in his own voice that he was a Trusty for the Nazis. Do I give him a pass for being 14 when he did so?  Yes.  Do I give him a pass for thinking it was of no consequence and he should bear no consequence - even or perhaps especially in his own mind?  I sure in hell do not. I'm not concerned with Beck's belief system.  He's welcome to it.  But don't go claiming something didn't happen, then blame the messenger.

I use the Washington Post for a source and you use a Conservative website headed by a failed journalist and including a ninth grade "Social Network Editor" who is also working for the Confederate Liberation Society.  You are playing a joke aren't you?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PragmaticAmerican. Show PragmaticAmerican's posts

See, this is why you guys are freaking bankrupt, worthless to speak to.  "Appeal to Authority."  Jesus, what a pack of Goddamned pseudo-intellectuals you are, frothing at the mouth with your little lockstep political beliefs and "to the wall" attitudes about anyone who disagrees with you.

And fwiw, the Canada Free Press is at least as worthwhile a publication as that bleeding, weeping Liberal Rag you used as a "source."

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]See, this is why you guys are freaking bankrupt, worthless to speak to.  "Appeal to Authority."  Jesus, what a pack of Goddamned pseudo-intellectuals you are, frothing at the mouth with your little lockstep political beliefs and "to the wall" attitudes about anyone who disagrees with you. And fwiw, the Canada Free Press is at least as worthwhile a publication as that bleeding, weeping Liberal Rag you used as a "source."

You were serious?  You take news from a ninth grader secessionist and have the nerve to dismiss the Washington Post (they broke the Watergate story, but is just a "rag").  Wow.  You live in an alternate universe.  Watch out for the black helicopters!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

SOROS ADMITTED IT YOU TOOLS!!!

Reuben and 12 Angry are children.  SOROS ADMITTED IT, and you are arguing his own words!!

That is why you are laughed at daily.  Just admit it! Then maybe people will take you seriously.

See, this is how the far left handles discussion.  You can provide fact upon fact and their only response is "its not true"  They are like children covering their ears humming so they can't hear you.

In this case we have quotes by the man himself and they argue it.  Then when they can't argue it any more, they use the tactic of "oh he was only 13 and I am sure you would have killed Hitler yourself if you were him".

STRAWMAN.  Changing the subject.  Nobody claimed he should have started a militia.  The claim was made and you doo ooshs denied it.  Then proof was shown that it was true and then you change the subject.

You guys are good at strawmanning.

And to 12 angry doo oosh.  The 3/5th clause is irrelevant today.  PERIOD.  That was my point.  But of course you strawman.

And yes, the left INCLUDING YOURSELF has brought up the European HC plans as a reason to change ours.

You moral and ethicaly deprived p o s

Feel free to censor my posts some more 12, it doesn't bother me!!   In honor of your witty replies. . . .BWA HAHAHAHAHAHAH

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

And in regards to Kansas, Reuben you are not exactly correct. 

Yes there was going to be a vote.  But I feel you are implying that only people from Kansas could vote.  That was not true.  Anyone who travelled to Kansas could vote.

The Feds shipped people, including 1600 New Englanders to Kansas to vote it a free state.

So, the Feds blocked Kansas from choosing.  That is why the South complained about what was happening.

25. This post has been removed.