MSNBC's Karen Finney Warns 'Crazy Crackers On The Right' About 'Hateful Language' On Immigration

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Re: MSNBC's Karen Finney Warns 'Crazy Crackers On The Right' About 'Hateful Language' On Immigration

In response to jmel's comment:

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

Is "cracker" a racist term?  It is a term used for low class whites.  It may be associated with the cracking of a whip (like an overseer would with slaves).  It was most likely popularized by other whites (slaves adopted the language of their masters not the other way around).  It is often used in a pejorative sense (although some use it as a self-discription), but is it really racist?  Seems not to be.

And I speak this as a (proud) "Swamp Yankee":  the lower class (white) people of New England who did not get the high ground dominated by the Brahmin (white) upper crust.  None of that is really racist either.

If you watch the clip, it does not appear that she is speaking in any other way than "crazy" talk.  If people are honest about the clip, she`s not even thinking in a racist way.  And I do not like this woman or her ideology. 

This is a non-event and shouldn`t have made the radar screen.

Much ado...

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Re: MSNBC's Karen Finney Warns 'Crazy Crackers On The Right' About 'Hateful Language' On Immigration

Dumb comment by her. Why does anyone watch MSNBC anyhow?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

I don't like her comment, its disrespectful and dismissive, and shows that Finney is in her own "bubble".  The irony of her talking about hateful language and casually dropping "cracker" is enough that I would have fired her on the spot.  MSNBC isn't above coming down on their own, and this is a case where they should if they already haven't. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.