MSNBC's Ratings in Freefall

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

MSNBC's Ratings in Freefall

Of course, nothing will wipe the goofy smirk off of the zealot Rachel Maddow's mug. But for a good laugh, look at her tanking ratings. Such ratings of course are secondary to Comcast's free billion dollar in-kind campaign contribution to the Obama Administration and the progressive cause.

After attracting its lowest number of viewers in seven years a few weeks ago, the so-called "news network" is finishing out May with staggering year-over-year declines  

Averaging 539,000 viewers in primetime and 175,000 viewers in the adults 25-54 demographic, MSNBC suffered double-digit drops from last May -- down a respective 20 and 19 percent. Losses were less substantial in total day, down 10 percent to an average 346,000 viewers and down 7 percent to 115,000 adults 25-54, while all other nets pulled growth in multiple categories.

The soft start for All In With Chris Hayes has not helped. Hayes, down 32 percent in total viewers from The Ed Show last May, has offered a poor lead-in for MSNBC's primetime flagship, The Rachel Maddow Show, at 9 p.m. The show delivered its lowest-rated month since it debuted in September 2008 (717,000 total viewers) and its second lowest with adults 25-54 (210,000). Maddow was topped by typical time slot victor Sean Hannity and CNN's Piers Morgan

This all comes on the heels of MSNBC coming in third in April for the first time in two years and March's Pew Research Center study finding 85 percent of the network's reports are opinion rather than news.

It appears that with each passing day, more and more people are realizing this.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/05/29/msnbcs-ratings-freefall#ixzz2UmdJaGLX

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: MSNBC's Ratings in Freefall

Piers Morgan beats out Maddow in ratings....that's gotta hurt

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from doozy-day. Show doozy-day's posts

What's an MSNBC?

This some new face-book thingy or something?

Ohhhhhh the cable shows?

I thought you had to have ratings in order to have a "freefall".

Silly me.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Ha ha!  Liberals don't show up in droves to be told what to think.  They're so stupid!  I can't wait to see what Hannity has to say about this.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Hey who is this Al-Waleed bin Talal guy anyways ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I used to watch the Maddow show occasionally...but really she has gotten worse over the past year or so. I stopped tuning in to her show probably around last summer. I had actually never even heard of her until someone from the old Fox blogs told me about her.

I still like Morning Joe. I don't get to watch as much of it as I used to..but I still think it's the best show of its kind on cable news.

I used to watch Chris Hayes once in a while if I was up early on Sunday morning..but since he moved to prime time I haven't watched his show once.

I would not be surprised to see MSNBC's ratings falling. I think they probably peak during political season anyhow. I mean..I like talking politics as much as anyone else here..but enough is enough..lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Best post of the year..hands down. I'd rather sit outside watching the stars than watch any show on any television channel ever ( although possible exceptions would include sports playoff games!)

If I lived at the beach..I'd probably never watch television.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Best post of the year..hands down. I'd rather sit outside watching the stars than watch any show on any television channel ever ( although possible exceptions would include sports playoff games!)

If I lived at the beach..I'd probably never watch television.

<3

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

They should hire Michelle Bachman.

She'd raise the IQ level over there by 20 points.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Ya, we all know what happened last election cycle...with all the doom and gloom for the dem party from the right wingnuts.

Where's that nutbag guy calling for Obamas parting gifts. Im still howling with laughter.

no, really, still howling with laughter.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts