Myth Busted

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingmarsh. Show Hingmarsh's posts

Myth Busted

Interesting article from IBD: http://news.investors.com/Article/590383/201111030805/Income-Inequality-Rose-Under-Clinton-Obama.htm?src=HPLNews

"But it turns out that the rich actually got poorer under President Bush, and the income gap has been climbing under Obama.

What's more, the biggest increase in income inequality over the past three decades took place when Democrat Bill Clinton was in the White House."

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Re: Myth Busted

Hahahaha...nice spin...WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

God you're such a simpleton...you clearly don't even understand what the OP is talking about in regards to the "myth".

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingmarsh. Show Hingmarsh's posts

In Response to Re: Myth Busted:
    [QUOTE]Excellent...good job proving the OWS movement is right.
    Posted by airborne-rgr[/QUOTE]

WHOOOOOOOOOSH!!

That's the sound of this going right over your head.  You've beclowned yourself once again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingmarsh. Show Hingmarsh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Myth Busted : BWAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Too freakin funny. Hey numbnuts, you can come to any conclusion you want vis a vis your pathetic post. Knock yourself out, which it appears you actually did knock yourself out because you're speaking gibberish. First of all, you don't even state exactly what 'myth' you're trying to 'bust' with your ignorance. Second....well, let's just start with the basics. It's pretty obvious your too freakin stupid to hold more than one thought in that tiny brain of yours at a time.

Anyone with at least a half a wit can understand what myth and the overall post.  Leaves you out I guess.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Myth Busted : WHOOOOOOOOOSH!! That's the sound of this going right over your head.  You've beclowned yourself once again.
    Posted by Hingmarsh[/QUOTE]

It's not a "myth".

Income inequality is indeed real, but it's been happening since the 70s, not just the past few years.

Everyone has lost relative wealth AND income in this recession, which includes the wealthy (though not congress, fwiw) as well as the poor.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingmarsh. Show Hingmarsh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Myth Busted : It's not a "myth". Income inequality is indeed real, but it's been happening since the 70s, not just the past few years. Everyone has lost relative wealth AND income in this recession, which includes the wealthy (though not congress, fwiw) as well as the poor.
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

No one said income inequality is a myth.  The myth, amongst certain elements, is that the gap grew during the Bush years and it was due to his favoring the rich.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

No one said income inequality is a myth.  The myth, amongst certain elements, is that the gap grew during the Bush years and it was due to his favoring the rich.

DING, DING, DING, DING, DING!!!

Why is it the "smart" liberals struggled with this?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Myth Busted : No one said income inequality is a myth.  The myth, amongst certain elements, is that the gap grew during the Bush years and it was due to his favoring the rich.

Which "elements"? (your link is broken)

I hadn't heard that myth, but you're correct.  It's neither Bush nor Obama's fault; it's far more long-term and systemic.

As far as him favoring the rich, I would say that he did, but that's much more subjective.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingmarsh. Show Hingmarsh's posts

[QUOTE]OWS isn't protesting Republicans. OWS is protesting rich people. And "corporate greed." And Wall Street. And the income gap. And failure of others to pay for someone's college education. And, possibly, Money. But OWS isn't protesting Republicans in particular. Therefore, pointing out that the income gap widened under Obama is another failed zing.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

A zing on Obama?  Really?  THAT's the way you are interpreting this?  Interesting perspective.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingmarsh. Show Hingmarsh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Myth Busted : You must be confused. The "zing" I referred to was "on" 12 AM and "on" OWS: and:     Of course it's hard to tell who's talking to whom because the board is periodically out of temporal whack. But the attempted Zings appear to be that somehow, OWS are idiots because the income gap grew under Obama and rich people were hurt in the Bush recession. Except, again, OWS isn't protesting Republicans. OWS is protesting a whole lot of incoherent things - generally, two classes (1) people and/or entities with money and their failure to give it to OWS, and (2) justifiably, the financial firms who ruined the economy and the politicians who helped them - but OWS is not sepcifically protesting Republicans.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

I agree that they are not specifically protesting Republicans, I don't think anyone said they were, but I don't think there could be any doubt, if you asked them, the majority would be extremely Anti-Republican.  The poll by Douglas Schoen, a Democratic pollster, showed that the majority of the OWS protesters in Zuccotti Park voted for Obama in 2008 (74%).  48% said they plan on doing it again.

But, this article never fingered OWS for any of this, just that Obama is trying to leverage them into justifying income re-distribution.

The posting of responses is all over the place so if you weren't referring to me in your "zing" comment, my bad.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Myth Busted : Still waiting on which timely 'myth' you supposedly 'busted'. Umm, was that to hard of a question? Need something a bit easier? Geepers, the inanity of the wingnuts is astounding.

You are dumber than a bag of hammers

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Myth Busted : Sooo, you don't know what the supposed 'myth busted' is either. Thanks troll. You and the other wingnuts feigning knowledge speak volumes for your ignorance. Too freakin funny. You morons are like an SNL skit. Thanks for the laughs...

First off it's painfully obvious....second...it was already explained...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Yup...bag of hammers still smarter than you

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Myth Busted : You are dumber than a bag of hammers
    Posted by WhichOnesPink[/QUOTE]

Naw, hammers are smart compared to Airhead.  dumb as a bag of rocks, I'd go for that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Myth Busted : Naw, hammers are smart compared to Airhead.  dumb as a bag of rocks, I'd go for that.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

Good point

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Myth Busted : I agree that they are not specifically protesting Republicans, I don't think anyone said they were, but I don't think there could be any doubt, if you asked them, the majority would be extremely Anti-Republican.  The poll by Douglas Schoen, a Democratic pollster, showed that the majority of the OWS protesters in Zuccotti Park voted for Obama in 2008 (74%).  48% said they plan on doing it again.

Not surprising as the protestors skew heavily toward millennials...

...who seldom lean repub.

Rocket science, this ain't.