NBC's Andrea Mitchell: Trust Obama, He's Going to Bomb Syria 'From A Very Cautious Anti-War Perspective'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: NBC's Andrea Mitchell: Trust Obama, He's Going to Bomb Syria 'From A Very Cautious Anti-War Perspective'

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Wasn't there a business connection between the Bush Family and the bin Laden Family ?

Weren't Bush and Osama co-owners of an Orange Julius?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Re: NBC's Andrea Mitchell: Trust Obama, He's Going to Bomb Syria 'From A Very Cautious Anti-War Perspective'

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

[QUOTE]

Wasn't there a business connection between the Bush Family and the bin Laden Family ?

[/QUOTE]

I don't know if they were in business to make OJ or not .... but whatever they were in  business for it was a mutual agreement to make money for each other

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know if they were in business to make OJ or not .... but whatever they were in  business for it was a mutual agreement to make money for each other

[/QUOTE]

I was joking

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was joking

[/QUOTE]

good one ..... you got me ....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was joking

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

: )

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Sistersledge.....rabid "truther"! Did you get your information from Michael Moore?

LOL, hey troofer, did the WTC get blown up by Bush and Cheney?....did Cheney steal billions in gold from the ruins of the WTC?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

The very concept of "pre-emptive war" was cited as an explicitly anti-war foreign policy, i.e. attacking before they had a chance to fight would result in fewer casualties.

Needless to say, it didn't quite work out that way...not even a little bit...doctored intelligence or none...

As for the cognitive dissonance required to support attacking the sworn enemies of AQAP, et al., that stance was already taken in the hullabaloo over drone attacks.  

Been there, bombed that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was joking

[/QUOTE]

You forgot to factor in the ever present seriousness that progressives display in every conversation.  If you keep up with this approach, in about two or three replies you will get some sanctimonious claim thrown against you that you want to kill children.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was joking

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But, before you fold your tent, you do know that John Kerry's only experience in the dreaded private sector is running a cookie stand in quincy market.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

The very concept of "pre-emptive war" was cited as an explicitly anti-war foreign policy, i.e. attacking before they had a chance to fight would result in fewer casualties.

Pre-emptive strikes on a direct threat is a proven success!

To continue to take every thing back to Bush to escape current realities is really old and quite irrational.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

Sistersledge.....rabid "truther"! Did you get your information from Michael Moore?

LOL, hey troofer, did the WTC get blown up by Bush and Cheney?....did Cheney steal billions in gold from the ruins of the WTC?

Br'er Crankup I don't know but I do know that Haliburton and Brown Root and Kellogg stole billions in Iraq .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

skeeter what private sector experience do you have except for redeeming cans .... anyway what private sector experience did dubya have before he stole the Presidency

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Br'er Crankup I don't know but I do know that Haliburton and Brown Root and Kellogg stole billions in Iraq .

[/QUOTE]

To base your response to a current threat upon some old response to an older threat is suicidal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

skeeter what private sector experience do you have except for redeeming cans .... anyway what private sector experience did dubya have before he stole the Presidency

Let me check...created an oil exploration company, managing partner of a baseball team, yah, more than Obama and Kerry combined.

Still delusionally claiming Bush stole the presidency.  Hey, wouldn't he have to be really smart to do that?  I thoght he was stupid.

Well, it has been fun travelling down memory lane with you, but...

WHATTHE HECK DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH OBAMA WANTING TO BOMB SYRIA??????

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

skeeter when you travel down memory lane ... it's only a selective memory lane for you ..... are you talking about the oil company that bin Laden half brother invested $50,000 in and are you talking about the baseball team that had a new stadium built on land that was acquired by eminent domain and built with taxpayers money ... is that what you are talking about

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

skeeter when you travel down memory lane ... it's only a selective memory lane for you ..... are you talking about the oil company that bin Laden half brother invested $50,000 in and are you talking about the baseball team that had a new stadium built on land that was acquired by eminent domain and built with taxpayers money ... is that what you are talking about

The point, other than the one on top of your head, is travelling down memory lane isn't helping us with the current situation.

Running a baseball team beats selling your family cookie recipes by a country mile, but both have spent most of their lives drinking at the public trough.    The gold-plated trough, not the old wooden one you drink out of.

You won't see me defending Bush other than that he seemed to be a decent person.  He was a disaster of a president.

But, I guess oyu think going back into the archives justifies this completely insane box Obama has painted us all into.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

The point, other than the one on top of your head, is travelling down memory lane isn't helping us with the current situation.

Running a baseball team beats selling your family cookie recipes by a country mile, but both have spent most of their lives drinking at the public trough.    The gold-plated trough, not the old wooden one you drink out of.

You won't see me defending Bush other than that he seemed to be a decent person.  He was a disaster of a president.

But, I guess oyu think going back into the archives justifies this completely insane box Obama has painted us all into.

Obama has painted us into a box .... how ? I want to you to explain that statement ...... Hey Mr Wizard if don't we don't learn from history and respect it we will be bound to repeat it ..... America is expected to do what is right .... which is to punish Assad and expedite his downfall from within ...... btw don't come back about what Russia and China will do .... they ain't going to do nothing ...... all they are going to do is whine .

dubya was a decent person ... "HA".... explain that statement to 4,600 KIA and 30,000 WIA American Service members families and the untold wounded or killed Iraqis families and explain why we went to war over lies

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Obama has painted us into a box .... how ? I want to you to explain that statement ...... Hey Mr Wizard if don't we don't learn from history and respect it we will be bound to repeat it ..... America is expected to do what is right .... which is to punish Assad and expedite his downfall from within ...... btw don't come back about what Russia and China will do .... they ain't going to do nothing ...... all they are going to do is whine .

dubya was a decent person ... "HA".... explain that statement to 4,600 KIA and 30,000 WIA American Service members families and the untold wounded or killed Iraqis families and explain why we went to war over lies

[/QUOTE]

two words for you:

"red line"

We went to war over lies?  When?

Stop being such a sanctimonious blank.  You are in denial, and without facts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Obama has painted us into a box .... how ?

He said that the use of WMD by the Syrian regime was a red line that, if crossed, would provoke an American military response.

It was a really dumb thing to say on a lot of levels but mostly because now he has to act or look weak. As I read somewhere, it's like he's playing checkers while everyone else is playing 3-dimentional chess.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

[QUOTE]Obama has painted us into a box .... how ?

He said that the use of WMD by the Syrian regime was a red line that, if crossed, would provoke an American military response.

It was a really dumb thing to say on a lot of levels but mostly because now he has to act or look weak. As I read somewhere, it's like he's playing checkers while everyone else is playing 3-dimentional chess.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

[/QUOTE]

^^^^ that was when Obama basically said if, you want the US to take action in syria; set off a chemical attack and blame assad!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to tvoter's comment:
    [QUOTE]set off a chemical attack and blame assad!

So now the know-it-all has determined that the Syrian government is not responsible? Figures, seeing as he also looks to Putin for advice...   

[/QUOTE]

I dont know who it was that set off the chemical attack but, I do know who a US strike will benefit the most and the least and assad is the latter but, you are convince he did it anyway because that is what you were told.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

I dont know who it was that set off the chemical attack

And yet you keep saying or implying that it was the rebels. Right.

As always, the best advice is for you to shut your mouth and take a good long look in the mirror.

I don't know who did it and that's why I don't pretend to know. Unlike you.

lol, try to keep up and not get so emotional.

I have asked the question "who benefits the most from the US blaming and bombing assad"?

That is clearly the rebels and sunnis suporters.

That is not an implication it is a matter of fact.

Maybe assad is so stupid he said "you know what; we are doing well against the rebels but, if we set off a chemical weapon and get the US to bomb us and possibly shift the momentum to the rebels that will make it much more interesting" yea lets do that!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

I dont know who it was that set off the chemical attack

And yet you keep saying or implying that it was the rebels. Right.

As always, the best advice is for you to shut your mouth and take a good long look in the mirror.

I don't know who did it and that's why I don't pretend to know. Unlike you.

lol, try to keep up and not get so emotional.

I have asked the question "who benefits the most from the US blaming and bombing assad"?

That is clearly the rebels and sunnis suporters.

That is not an implication it is a matter of fact.

Maybe assad is so stupid he said "you know what; we are doing well against the rebels but, if we set off a chemical weapon and get the US to bomb us and possibly shift the momentum to the rebels that will make it much more interesting" yea lets do that!!

Or maybe Assad is more desparate than we think.

Or maybe Assad thought he could keep it quiet long enough to prevent us from determining whether they were used or who used them.

Or maybe Assad was gambling that we wouldn't intervene.

Or maybe some hot-head military official gave the order without Assad's knowledge.

Or maybe the Al Queda branch of the rebels did it to implicate Assad because they just don't give a ____, but the other rebels don't know about it.

Who knows?

No matter what, I will say again: Before we do anything, we need to do what I know we won't do.....

...which is to make some serious decisions about what lines there should be.

Is it worth it in blood and treasure to have an absolute rule about use of WMDs?

Do we want to start down the slope of requiring a certain body count before responding to use of WMDs?

Do we want distinctions between use against citizens vs. use against rebels vs. use against another country in a hot war?

Etc.

Either way, if we strike and it turns out the rebels did it, Obama will have messed up as bad as Bush - the only plus being that the consequences are likely to be far less expensive in blood and treasure.

[/QUOTE]

Obama is pursuing a policy of regime change and nation building that is hands off. His knocks over the apple cart, and leaves those standing around to put the apples back in the cart.

Syria is going to make him zero for three attempts.

As I said in the beginning, look at these three metrics:  How safe are you, how much money do you have, and how free are you.  All three have declined dramatically duringthe Obama administration.  In this issue, safety, it is not clear how attacking Syria with a non-regime chanign strike makes us safer.  In fact, it makes us less safe.

BTW:  What was Kerry doing duringthe exchange with Rand Paul?  Signing Christmas cards?  Talk about disrespectful.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts