NC: May ban Telsa sales.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: NC: May ban Telsa sales.

Saw a Model S on 128 just yesterday.  Very slick.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Reminds me of the Virginia hybrid vehicle tax.  'Conservative' governor punishing people who try to conserve.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

So much for the smaller Government that these Red States want

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I'm with you, if they're trying to ban a better business model then they're no better than the average progressive. If, on the other hand, they want to ban cars that are heavily subsidized by a government due to unfair competition I'd be happy to support them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Given that Tesla has outsold specific models of Mercedes, BMW, and Audi, without utlizing a dealership model, I'd say their direct to consumer approach is working just fine for them.  Unfortunately the dealership lobbyists are pushing this bill to eliminate the ability of Tesla (or anyone) to sell cars online and so this bill strikes me as anti competitive, by default.  Consumers are being denied the option of using the internet to purchase vehicles.  Who does this benefit? 

And spare me the hub bub about government subsidies.  The money the government has given the big automakers in the US pales in comparison to the money Tesla has received.  If anything propping up the big automakers hurts smaller companies like Tesla because the government is reinforcing the status quo. 

8. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts