New Conservative News Channel Coming to Cable July 4

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: New Conservative News Channel Coming to Cable July 4

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

I don't care for any of the above, however...

Limbaugh net worth about $350M

Beck $105M

Hannity $35M

Maddow $12.5M

I don't know...not bad for college dropouts. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

Beck $105M

Hannity $35M

Maddow $12.5M

Selling snake oil has always been profitable. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

Beck $105M

Hannity $35M

Maddow $12.5M

Let`s not forget the Left`s most hated conservative...............Mrs. Palin.  Net worth $250 million.   Yah...........she`s real dumb, (eye roll)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

Beck $105M

Hannity $35M

Maddow $12.5M

Has it? I wouldn't know

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

Beck $105M

Hannity $35M

Maddow $12.5M

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/18/msnbc-opinion-cable-news_n_2900160.html

MSNBC is far more reliant on opinion coverage than any of its cable news rivals, a new study found.

The Pew Research Center's annual "State of the Media" study was released Monday. One section of the report — which, when taken in its totality, makes for very gloomy reading — deals with changes in the television news landscape over the past five years.

The study's authors found that, since 2007, CNN, Fox News and MSNBC have all cut back sharply on the amount of actual reporting found on their airwaves. Cheaper, more provocative debate or interview segments have largely filled the void. MSNBC, though, stands out from the pack, Pew said:

CNN, which has branded itself around reporting resources and reach, cut back between 2007 and 2012 on two areas tied to that brand—in-depth story packages and live event coverage. Even so, CNN is the only one of the three big cable news channels to produce more straight reporting than commentary over all. At the other end of that spectrum lies MSNBC, where opinion fills a full 85% of the channel’s airtime.

Pew found that Fox News spent 55 percent of the time on opinion and 45 percent of the time on reporting. Critics of that figure would likely contend that the network's straight news reporting tilts conservative, but it is true that Fox News has more shows that feature reporting packages than MSNBC does. The network's straight news hours — hosted by Chris Jansing, Thomas Roberts, Tamron Hall and Andrea Mitchell — are usually filled with interview segments or pundit debates.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I just can't wait to ignore it completely like I do the other cable info-tainment networks.

At least it will give some folks here another source for partisan propaganda...

...but I wonder if it will skew 55+ like foxnews viewership does....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

I just can't wait to ignore it completely like I do the other cable info-tainment networks.

I too will ignore it. But I will enjoy how much it will drive some on the Left nuts. FOX does a great job of doing that now...can you imagine what TWO networks will do? Hahaha...head will be exploding all over the place.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

There is such an huge opportunity out there to provide news and entertainment content to conservative leaning consumers. I'm afraid y'all are going to see a lot more of this as people catch on to the obscene amounts of money to be made here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Actually, this will be good.  Competition for the real right wing, the farthest right position, the best rock-em, sock-em soundbite.  Add in the History channel and the war channel (what's it called?).  Competition is a wonderful thing.  And all suchlike has an arc.  But Messrs. Ailes and Limbaugh, when they're strategizing on the veranda overlooking the river in Groton-on-Hudson, can't really think that Fox and the EIB Network are getting shopworn.  Can they?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to Firewind's comment:

Actually, this will be good.  Competition for the real right wing, the farthest right position, the best rock-em, sock-em soundbite.  Add in the History channel and the war channel (what's it called?).  Competition is a wonderful thing.  And all suchlike has an arc.  But Messrs. Ailes and Limbaugh, when they're strategizing on the veranda overlooking the river in Groton-on-Hudson, can't really think that Fox and the EIB Network are getting shopworn.  Can they?

Competition is a good thing. Look what it's done for all the Left-leaning networks..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I too will ignore it. But I will enjoy how much it will drive some on the Left nuts. FOX does a great job of doing that now...can you imagine what TWO networks will do? Hahaha...head will be exploding all over the place.

Rampant lies and jaded, dog-whistle innuendo have a way of doing that.  Fox actually created a little cottage industry of fact checkers to clear up their myriad mistakes and false allusions...

...as well as EDS pills and lotion manufacturers for their mostly old, male audience to use when megyn kelly is on screen.

Tacitly at least, you seem to approve.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

There is such an huge opportunity out there to provide news and entertainment content to conservative leaning consumers. I'm afraid y'all are going to see a lot more of this as people catch on to the obscene amounts of money to be made here.

True.

And American Idol is the highest rated tv show.

And Justin Bieber sells tens of millions.

P.T. Barnum was a wealthy man, too.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Rampant lies and jaded, dog-whistle innuendo have a way of doing that.  Fox actually created a little cottage industry of fact checkers to clear up their myriad mistakes and false allusions...

...as well as EDS pills and lotion manufacturers for their mostly old, male audience to use when megyn kelly is on screen.

More smug progressive arrogance, belied by reality.

Megyn Kelly is  quite sharp, besides being attractive.

Unilke progressive eye-candy airheads, like, say,  Soledad O'Brien.

You claiming CNN, MSNBC  and the networks dont put eye candy on the screen? 

The ivory-tower intellectual liberals have no qualms about running Playboy model and sex symbol Ashley Judd for US Senate....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

True.

And a total failure as President, Barack Obama, was reelected...

Gee, just last week you were spiking the football about how smart the public was for voting for Obama and liberals, and belying any notion that "free stuff from the Government" would at all influence them...

But if the public want to watch Fox News, they are a bunch of morons...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

The ivory-tower intellectual liberals have no qualms about running Playboy model and sex symbol Ashley Judd for US Senate....

Megyn Kelly is one of many Fox News' political prostitutes who tart up and seduce the populace, flattering them and pretending to care.  They have no real ideology, but merely do the job they’re paid to do. They seek out the insecure and lie, sow doubt, and foster conspiracy theories against the president and democrats in general. They’re smart but unprincipled, and have no qualms about deceiving the uneducated. If they ever had scruples, they sold them long ago for a seat behind a microphone and an obscenely large paycheck.

They are mobilizing these useful idiots into a great army to elect people who will destroy Medicare and Social Security that they will need some day. These people gleefully saw off the branch they’re sitting on, and dare the pointy headed librul elite to stop them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Attractive females on CNN, MSNBC, etc = smart

Attractive females on FOX = tarts

Get with the program will ya!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Why because I don't wring my hands and whine about it? 

No.  Because you derive pleasure from the torment of the people who do...as you said yourself.

But whatever floats your canoe....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Your sophmorism makes it easy.

The few times I've seen Megyn, I agree she's sharp, but make no mistake: she's the talent, not the boss.  Soledad is also talent, and likewise sharp and attractive.

No, I never said that.  You did.  I'm sure there are eye-candy fans watching those stations, too.

(Ms. Judd is off-topic.  Stay alert before you hit a tree.) 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

True.

And a total failure as President, Barack Obama, was reelected...

Gee, just last week you were spiking the football about how smart the public was for voting for Obama and liberals, and belying any notion that "free stuff from the Government" would at all influence them...

But if the public want to watch Fox News, they are a bunch of morons...

Obama was elected by the Electoral College.  Oh, and a bunch voted for him, too.

You're confused, as usual.  There is no real connection between the relative intelligence of the voting public and the elitist, romney-esque notion of people wanting "free stuff".

I don't think people who watch foxnews (or AI or Bieber) are morons.  Foxnews does, and they demonstrate it daily with lots of flashy graphics, chyrons, dramatic music and both paid and unpaid shills for their pet views and products.

All of the channels do this, as I stated clearly but you ignored, as usual.  Because it's NOT news (much less journalism).  It's entertainment.

The question is whether this new channel will be different or fall in line with the rest.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

You got to love the conservative media ........ after all they have been holding Presidents accountable since 2009 !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to tacobreath's comment:

Libs get their news from Comedy Central and Saturday Night Live skits.

Was it Hannity or Limbaugh that commanded you to believe that?

No, it was exit polling done on Nov 6th, 2012.  It is also consistent with polling done since and especially with the under-30 age demographic.  I think we covered this before, and.....oh, yah.....I was right, you were wrong. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Why because I don't wring my hands and whine about it? 

No.  Because you derive pleasure from the torment of the people who do...as you said yourself.

But whatever floats your canoe....

facepalm

25. This post has been removed.