New York Lawmaker Proposes Letting Illegal Immigrants Vote

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

New York Lawmaker Proposes Letting Illegal Immigrants Vote

New York state Senator Gustavo Rivera has proposed a bill that would grant non-citizens (both legally and illegally residing in the state) the right to vote in state and local elections, serve on a jury, and receive a driver's license, among other benefits that were typically reserved for citizens.

The bill is titled the New York Is Home Act, and is the first in the nation that would grant this full slate of benefits to illegal immigrants who can prove that they have lived in the state and paid taxes for a minimum of three years.

The bill would provide benefits to illegal immigrants and other non-citizens who could prove they have resided in New York for at least three years and have been paying taxes for as long. They would also have to take an oath to uphold the state's constitution and laws, and pledge their willingness to serve on a jury, according to the bill summary.

While several states allow illegal immigrants to receive driver's licenses, and a few municipalities have considered allowing non-citizens to vote, this bill is described by Rivera as the broadest proposed legislation [being debated] in regards to extending benefits to both legal and illegal non-citizen residents of New York.

Rivera has admitted that he does not think his bill will pass in the current legislative session, but rather he hopes that this bill will spark a conversation about immigration reform.

While the American immigration system is certifiably broken, does it really make sense to continue to add incentives for people to cross the border illegally?

Well this is fresh, libs?? I like the part "if they can prove that they have been here for three years, they would be granted these rights". I say, if they can prove they have been here for three years illegally, they should be arrested and deported. That's what we need, give them more reasons to illegally cross our borders. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Re: New York Lawmaker Proposes Letting Illegal Immigrants Vote

We are near the precipice.

If a Dem is elected in 2016, the Supreme Court will go full moonbat.

Do not doubt that the Supreme Court will then find a case and rule that it is a denial of equal protection or due process to discriminate based on immigration status.

Voila!  15 million illegals voting, and it is the end of the US,  as we know it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

In response to WhatNowDoYouWant's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sounds pretty ridiculous. The bill's author is right: it won't pass.

[/QUOTE]

Probably not, but it's the idea that this is what progressives want. And they stand there and take an oath once they are elected in. Amazing!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Funny....when conservatives authors bills that they know won't pass certain BDC Libs have a conniption fit. Think they'll have one over this guy?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

How dare you claim progressives have ulterior motives?
    They all are compassionate and benevolent, caring for their fellow human beings and especially Mother Earth...

Why, the voting patterns of millions of Government dependents on welfare and food stamps dont even enter the thinking of the wonderful Democratic Party....why would crass politics ever be involved in allowing "undocumented Americans" to vote? It is all about love.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

As expected....libs give this guy a pass...color me surprised...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Why shouldn't non-citizens be allowed to vote in local elections?  I can understand non-US citizens not being allowed to vote in national elections or elctions for US Congress.  I'd rather have an illegal that's lived in Boston for 5 years and understands the issues over some Freshman at NU from California.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why shouldn't non-citizens be allowed to vote in local elections?  I can understand non-US citizens not being allowed to vote in national elections or elctions for US Congress.  I'd rather have an illegal that's lived in Boston for 5 years and understands the issues over some Freshman at NU from California.

[/QUOTE]

The illegal understands the issues all right. Break the law, get rewarded...vote Democrat, get other people's money and free stuff....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Pretty sure a college freshman from CA isn't voting in local elections. Just sayin.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can't be serious. 

Read what you just wrote, non-citizens allowed to vote.

what does it mean to be a citizen? Nothing?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to WhatNowDoYouWant's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

[QUOTE]  As expected....libs give this guy a pass...color me surprised...[/QUOTE]

Oh? "Libs" do that, do they? Funny how precisely none did before your post and only one - DWL - did so afterwards..... 

[/QUOTE]

Funny...I don't see any Libs criticizing this guy. So yes...Libs ARE giving him a pass. But that shouldn't bother you as you've made it clear in the past you're not a Lib.