New York Times says Border Crisis a Myth

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

New York Times says Border Crisis a Myth

The out of touch progressive snots at the New York Times editorial board believes the border crisis is merely "a myth."
    In a weekend editorial, the Times said the "White House is getting it mostly right" on immigration and blasted Republicans, who are "throwing up roadblocks" with "dangerous overreaction." The Times praised the Obama administration's request for $3.7 billion in aid to deal with a crisis they think is a "myth."

Myths cost $3.7 billion , apparently. What do fantasies cost? One trillion (Obamacare)? 

The progressive solution to everything is throwing taxpayer  money at it...reform? Never. Address Root causes? Nope, just throw money.

"The besieged border is a myth, and the arrival of a few thousand weary refugee children on buses does not make the myth true," the Times wrote. "Republicans are feeding the cycle, stoking panic about a border under assault, even to the point of demanding that Mr. Obama call out the National Guard. Nativist protesters are blocking buses of migrants in places like Murrieta, Calif."

A few thousand=57,000 to the coddled limousine liberals in Manhattan...

Of course, at least 57,000 illegal immigrant children have unlawfully entered the country since October of last year, and federal officials estimate that 150,000 more will next year." 

The number of illegal immigrant children crossing the border has spiked since President Barack Obama unilaterally enacted the Deferred Action program. And communities from Virginia to California are telling the federal government "enough is enough," as they surreptitiously try to dump illegals in unsuspecting communities.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Re: New York Times says Border Crisis a Myth

The nut has been toilet paper since they fell in love with Stalin and lied about him

always the hypocrites , just look at the way they treated their own unions

Or how they exempt themselves from the one percent

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

I heard the Mayor of Lynn on the radio this morning. 

1000 kids from other countries dumped on the school system in the last 4 years. That is a whole new high school they need but don't have.

DOJ and Homeland Security forbid them from asking for their age and doing a background check for criminal records.

One "student" shows up with papers that include a warrant for his arrest which he couldn't read.

Most of them have a birth date of Jan 1.

Why are these aholes in Washington doing this?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I heard the Mayor of Lynn on the radio this morning. 

1000 kids from other countries dumped on the school system in the last 4 years. That is a whole new high school they need but don't have.

DOJ and Homeland Security forbid them from asking for their age and doing a background check for criminal records.

One "student" shows up with papers that include a warrant for his arrest which he couldn't read.

Most of them have a birth date of Jan 1.

Why are these aholes in Washington doing this?

[/QUOTE]

Funny how they don't dump them in Weston, Wayland, Dover, Sudbury, etc, etc...The ole..."not in my backyard"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Human smugglers in Mexico and Central America have launched a campaign to encourage parents to pay them thousands of dollars in return for taking their kids to the U.S. border. The smugglers were successful. And by the end of this fiscal year the USA may be dealing with more than 100,000 new illegal alien children; a catastrophe.

Now, the liberal press is telling us, the kids are coming to the USA because they are in danger in their Central American countries. The liberal media wants the children to be resettled here for a variety of reasons including political ones. The truth is Central America has always been a cauldron of corruption. But we have never seen this kind of migratory movement before.

There are two main reasons why it's happening, first, the border is not secure. And second, the Obama administration has sent signals to the world that legal consideration will be given to people who come here illegally. The problem has been developing for years. But President Obama has done nothing about it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

In response to WhatNowDoYouWant's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Which prior Presidents stopped illegal immigration?

The fact of the matter is that the only way to solve the bulk of illegal immigration, which is decidedly not a problem with children, is to seriously target employers. Neither Democrats nor Republicans have done that.

But there's a D next to the name, so everything that happens in the world is exclusively his fault... 

[/QUOTE]

So let's do nothing then....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

The fact of the matter is that the only way to solve the bulk of illegal immigration, which is decidedly not a problem with children, is to seriously target employers. Neither Democrats nor Republicans have done that.

But there's a D next to the name, so everything that happens in the world is exclusively his fault... 

[/QUOTE]

And when there was a R next to a presidents name, everything that happened in the world was exclusively his fault. Both sides pull this bulls h i t. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

In response to newman09's comment:

[]

[]

There's what I said I think should be done: seriously target employers.

At least read my post if you're going to reply to it.

These are children, "reputable" employers will not hire them, I'm sure the families of these children will stop sending their kids here if employers get tougher. Right? That idea is a needed, but does nothing to stop the current influx. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

[QUOTE]
    And when there was a R next to a presidents name, everything that happened in the world was exclusively his fault. Both sides pull this bulls h i t.

[/QUOTE]

And yet, it doesn't excuse either "side" any more than it excuses what's going on right here in this thread.

Especially when we're talking vaguely about unnamed and unidentifiable persons who are remembered to have done such things, as opposed to the specific individuals saying things right here and now.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry you're taking what is being said so personal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

[]

[]

There's what I said I think should be done: seriously target employers

As for the children, Obama is following the law signed by the last President in holding them. I suppose Obama could finish building Bush's fence and hope they don't discover ladder, shovel, floating tire, or boat technology, but I don't see a high chance of success in that route.

Now, if Obama could get the countries where these kids are originating in to do something, that might help. I suppose we could threaten to have the DEA spray more of their citizens' legitimate crops or something.

What do you suggest?

Place the National Guard on the border, that would stop the border intrusion cold and quickly stabilize an out of control situation which is harming foreign kids and American citizens. Would it not be humanitarian to stop the madness? We sent guard troops to New Orleans after Katrina and other national disasters.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

[QUOTE]

[]

[]

There's what I said I think should be done: seriously target employers

As for the children, Obama is following the law signed by the last President in holding them. I suppose Obama could finish building Bush's fence and hope they don't discover ladder, shovel, floating tire, or boat technology, but I don't see a high chance of success in that route.

Now, if Obama could get the countries where these kids are originating in to do something, that might help. I suppose we could threaten to have the DEA spray more of their citizens' legitimate crops or something.

What do you suggest?

[/QUOTE]

"Seriously target employers"....agreed, but what difference will that make to the current crisis?

So 50,000 children were sent to the US,  to work??? No, they were sent to get the free pass that Obama promised them...he spoke of amnesty, they believed him...and bottom line, they are right, few will ever be sent back, given our joke of an immigration system.

The 2008 law signed by George Bush allows children from Hondoras to stay indefinitely. Passed for purposes of stopping sex trafficking, it was a major mistake and a loophole.

Typically, Dems blame Bush for this law, and at the same time OPPOSE ITS REPEAL. 

The Obama Admin made slight noise about this law, but typically only asked for billions in aid, didnt put  repeal of this law on thier agenda.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

[QUOTE]

Place the National Guard on the border, that would stop the border intrusion cold and quickly stabilize an out of control situation which is harming foreign kids and American citizens. Would it not be humanitarian to stop the madness? We sent guard troops to New Orleans after Katrina and other natinal disasters.

In a time of record deficits, I think it's wishful thinking to believe we can afford to place enough of a national guard presence to make a meaningful dent in the influx.

We've got a very long border with Mexico. We've got rivers to patrol. It would take an enormous investment to keep a permanent body of troops, vehicles, and all the supply chain necessities that entails to keep the whole thing covered.

Katrina is different. It was much more localized than the entire border. It was also temporary, while the border guard would have to be permanent. You really would have to keep the border covered 24/7. Like terrorists, they'll just go where and when you aren't guarding. Like terrorism, it's the kind of problem that has to be tackled offensively rather than defensively.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree they would make a big defference in this current influx, plus the money these new arrivals will cost the US will be tallying for decades. Since when is money ever the reason?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

[QUOTE]Sorry you're taking what is being said so personal.[/QUOTE]

Oh, an accusation that I'm taking it personally. I'm supposed to give you a response. Back to that old game? Really? Oh well. Nothing lasts.

I'm addressing the people speaking in the thread. Conversations tend to be interpersonal like that. You're on about your claimed memories of unidentified persons on "the left" under Bush again.  I trust I don't need to spell it out any further.

[/QUOTE]

No you're right...the Left never blamed Bush for anything....my bad...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Between fence's be erected and the guard along with border patrol patrolling the hotter zones, this could be accomplished. Providing they want to do so. Come on, this country is wicked smart, this could be done. Hey, it would even create hundreds of jobs. A great engineering project Obama can put his name on, like Hoover. If one want's to get in bad enough, they will find a way. But it would stop the likes of this from happening again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

Place the National Guard on the border, that would stop the border intrusion cold and quickly stabilize an out of control situation which is harming foreign kids and American citizens. Would it not be humanitarian to stop the madness? We sent guard troops to New Orleans after Katrina and other natinal disasters.

In a time of record deficits, I think it's wishful thinking to believe we can afford to place enough of a national guard presence to make a meaningful dent in the influx.

We've got a very long border with Mexico. We've got rivers to patrol. It would take an enormous investment to keep a permanent body of troops, vehicles, and all the supply chain necessities that entails to keep the whole thing covered.

Katrina is different. It was much more localized than the entire border. It was also temporary, while the border guard would have to be permanent. You really would have to keep the border covered 24/7. Like terrorists, they'll just go where and when you aren't guarding. Like terrorism, it's the kind of problem that has to be tackled offensively rather than defensively.

I disagree they would make a big defference in this current influx, plus the money these new arrivals will cost the US will be tallying for decades. Since when is money ever the reason?

Illegal immigrants are a net plus to the economy.

And how do you know that these kids of today won't grow up to be the entrepenuers and business leaders of tomorrow?

Immigration is a cornerstone of this country's success ...

No administration in history has been able to stop illegal immigration, what makes you think it's feasible today, in both cost and effort? 

There's also the fact that many illegals enter through our northern border so there's another wicked long fence you'll need to build...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to high-road's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And how do you know that these kids of today won't grow up to be the entrepenuers and business leaders of tomorrow?

[/QUOTE]

Allow me to correct your statement...

'LEGAL immigration is a cornerstone of this country's success ...'

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

In response to high-road's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No administration in history has been able to stop illegal immigration, what makes you think it's feasible today, in both cost and effort? 

There's also the fact that many illegals enter through our northern border so there's another wicked long fence you'll need to build...

[/QUOTE]

So why have laws on this, why do we currently patrol the borders then. Shall we ust rid of the lines on our maps? Sounds like that's what you want. Wait, what do you want?? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]

Between fence's be erected and the guard along with border patrol patrolling the hotter zones, this could be accomplished. Providing they want to do so. Come on, this country is wicked smart, this could be done. Hey, it would even create hundreds of jobs. A great engineering project Obama can put his name on, like Hoover. If one want's to get in bad enough, they will find a way. But it would stop the likes of this from happening again.

[/QUOTE]

No, it wouldn't.  Not unless you want to fence up all the border crossings, as well - these kids are running up to the first American they see so they can be processed in accordance with the law.  It doesn't matter if it's a border patrol agent or a national guardsman.  And both operate on the US side of the border - it's not like Mexico is going the let the US National Guard come into their country in order to keep illegal Guatemalans contained in Mexico.

The best way to address this problem in the short term is to bring in more judges to hear these cases, so the kids can be returned to their home countries more quickly, and it will become more difficult to spread the rumor that they are safe in the US. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

So why have laws on this, why do we currently patrol the borders then. Shall we ust rid of the lines on our maps? Sounds like that's what you want. Wait, what do you want?? 

I wasn't advocating for anything, I was merely pointing out the folly of thinking that we can halt illegal imigration to this country ... with 6000 miles of land border and 20,000 miles of coastline to seal, it would be a fool's errand.

Not every law is enforceable all the time. At some point you have to realize that the costs of trying to seal the borders far outweigh the benefits.

Immigration is the cornerstone of this country's success.

Don't forget, Sen Rubio and Sen Cruz are both children of illegal immigrants.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

In response to slomag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, it wouldn't.  Not unless you want to fence up all the border crossings, as well - these kids are running up to the first American they see so they can be processed in accordance with the law.  It doesn't matter if it's a border patrol agent or a national guardsman.  And both operate on the US side of the border - it's not like Mexico is going the let the US National Guard come into their country in order to keep illegal Guatemalans contained in Mexico.

The best way to address this problem in the short term is to bring in more judges to hear these cases, so the kids can be returned to their home countries more quickly, and it will become more difficult to spread the rumor that they are safe in the US. 

[/QUOTE]

Agree with you on deportation, which will send a strong signal back to their countries of origin. The southern border is out of control, and some kind of engineering project is need to deter.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]The best way to address this problem in the short term is to bring in more judges to hear these cases, so the kids can be returned to their home countries more quickly, and it will become more difficult to spread the rumor that they are safe in the US.[/QUOTE]

And to determine whether we have any political means of getting the originating/transport countries to actually crack down on the people helping smuggle the kids.

We bribe plenty of countries for plenty of things. Perhaps we should see whether there is any existing bribe-funding we can threaten to cancel unless they pick up the slack.

[/QUOTE]

I think these countries are completely engulfed in gang violence.  I heard a statistic on the Sunday shows that if you l1ve in Honduras, you have a 4% chance of being murdered.  The governments seem pretty helpless - I don't think the threat of losing a couple of million in foreign aid is going to change that.

We could legalize all drugs.  That would at least cut off the trafficking motivation.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Why does BDC ban the word l1ve?  Rhymes with give?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

Why does BDC ban the word l1ve?  Rhymes with give?

I had the same thing the other day with "-to"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Pope Francis said that migrant childrens' Human Rights are being violated .

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Many of us have the same complaints of politicians with R next to them too, starting with Reagan and his support of an amnesty program. But don't let reality prevent you from indulging in your prejudice.

The reason to complain about Obama is not that he has a D next to his name but that he has a P, as in President. There is also a matter of the level of offense and the risks they represent being far greater - terrorism, public health and safety.

But you prefer to defend the slug rather than hold him accountable.