Newsweek: All-white angry hateful mob meets nationwide

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

Newsweek: All-white angry hateful mob meets nationwide

It's the astroturfing "Coffee Party"! A video of their meeting in St Louis showed all white faces!
    Newsweek agrees: 
      http://www.newsweek.com/id/236856
    "They were angry. They hated the Tea Party, and the Republican Party. They wanted to get even. One audience member said America was under the thumb of oligarchs and denounced "moneyed interests." A few people hissed when Sarah Palin's name was mentioned.  A man representing Code Pink, the left-wing protest group, said that "racism was the basis for everything that's going on right now." He also seemed to have a real problem with "fear-based rhetoric" and Northrop Grumman.
    Founder Annabel Park, former Obama volunteer, regularly tried to steer the talk back to the group's more centrist principles. But when someone asked how many people in the room were Republicans, all 80 hands remained down. "I like the civility idea, but I hate the Tea Party people," said attendee Karen Anderson.
    Classic liberal !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tristelune. Show tristelune's posts

Re: Newsweek: All-white angry hateful mob meets nationwide

In Response to Newsweek: All-white angry hateful mob meets nationwide:
    It's the astroturfing "Coffee Party"! A video of their meeting in St Louis showed all white faces! Newsweek agrees:     http://www.newsweek.com/id/236856 "They were angry. They hated the Tea Party, and the Republican Party. They wanted to get even. One audience member said America was under the thumb of oligarchs and denounced "moneyed interests." A few people hissed when Sarah Palin's name was mentioned.  A man representing Code Pink, the left-wing protest group, said that "racism was the basis for everything that's going on right now." He also seemed to have a real problem with "fear-based rhetoric" and Northrop Grumman. Founder Annabel Park, former Obama volunteer, regularly tried to steer the talk back to the group's more centrist principles. But when someone asked how many people in the room were Republicans, all 80 hands remained down. "I like the civility idea, but I hate the Tea Party people," said attendee Karen Anderson . Classic liberal !!!
    Posted by BobinVa

Classic conservatism reply..

Go to their website, it's not just all white people! Founder is actually asian..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

"Go to their website, it's not just all white people! Founder is actually asian."

Neither is the Tea Party all white, either.

The only all-white institution left in the US is the anchor lineup of MSNBC.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ProfessorPain. Show ProfessorPain's posts

I think conservatives are underestimating the divide in this country. Yes it is likely that the republicans will make some serious victories in November, but there is a very sizeable part of the population that believes strongly in progressive policies. It is as sizeable and as passionate as the Tea Party. Right now you are witnessing small sparks from that sector. After november, if the republicans take many seats, you will see an avalanche of protest. The country is not unified. The Tea Party appears to think it represents the majority of americans, but that just isn't the case.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In Response to Re: Newsweek: All-white angry hateful mob meets nationwide:
    "Go to their website, it's not just all white people! Founder is actually asian." Neither is the Tea Party all white, either. The only all-white institution left in the US is the anchor lineup of MSNBC.
    Posted by BobinVa

Of course the Tea Party is all white. Don't kid yourself.

Amazing how you delude yourselves into thinking it a diverse group of liberal women, men, blacks and gays.

Just amazing.

You're a bunch of flag waving, Palin worshiping, fat ol' wingnuts!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wraughn. Show wraughn's posts

I think conservatives are underestimating the divide in this country. Yes it is likely that the republicans will make some serious victories in November, but there is a very sizeable part of the population that believes strongly in progressive policies. It is as sizeable and as passionate as the Tea Party. Right now you are witnessing small sparks from that sector. After november, if the republicans take many seats, you will see an avalanche of protest. The country is not unified. The Tea Party appears to think it represents the majority of americans, but that just isn't the case.
    Posted by ProfessorPain

I'd go with the Tea Party if they were consistent but they're not.  All they do is complain about Obama's health plan.  Taxation, deficit spending and inflation are rampant and have been for years.  That's why the unemployment is so disastrous.  They're not complaining about THAT.  It's all about health care?  Get a brain cell.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadWolf7. Show BadWolf7's posts

In Response to Re: Newsweek: All-white angry hateful mob meets nationwide : Of course the Tea Party is all white. Don't kid yourself. Amazing how you delude yourselves into thinking it a diverse group of liberal women, men, blacks and gays. Just amazing. You're a bunch of flag waving, Palin worshiping, fat ol' wingnuts!
    Posted by Bill.the.Cat

Good to know. I'll let my Asian wife know she is really white.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In Response to Re: Newsweek: All-white angry hateful mob meets nationwide : I'd go with the Tea Party if they were consistent but they're not.  All they do is complain about Obama's health plan.  Taxation, deficit spending and inflation are rampant and have been for years.  That's why the unemployment is so disastrous.  They're not complaining about THAT.  It's all about health care?  Get a brain cell.
    Posted by wraughn

Inflation's rampant and has been for years?????  Uh, wrong.

Taxation is Rampant???? Wrong.

Inflation hasn't been rampant since the 70s.  Federal Taxes went down this past year and is below the tax rate is lower today than it was during the Reagan years.  And deficit spending, right now, is needed to reduce unemployment.

The problem with the Tea Tards is that they are clueless.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

You're a bunch of flag waving, Palin worshiping, fat ol' wingnuts!
    Posted by Bill.the.Cat

Correction: I am not fat, thank you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

After november, if the republicans take many seats, you will see an avalanche of protest. .
    Posted by ProfessorPain

Probably true...but unlike the peaceful Tea Party protests, it will be the usual astroturf groups: corrupt thug unions and their minions, ACORN-type government dependents, illegal immigrants, and leftwing college potheads... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to Re: Newsweek: All-white angry hateful mob meets nationwide : Good to know. I'll let my Asian wife know she is really white.
    Posted by BadWolf7

Ha ha...imagine her shock when she finds out. Bill tends to sterotype and generalize with the best of them. Pay no attention to him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ProfessorPain. Show ProfessorPain's posts

In Response to Re: Newsweek: All-white angry hateful mob meets nationwide : Probably true...but unlike the peaceful Tea Party protests, it will be the usual astroturf groups: corrupt thug unions and their minions, ACORN-type government dependents, illegal immigrants, and leftwing college potheads... 
    Posted by BobinVa

In the 60s and 70s you would have been correct. But the right owns extremist violence since at least the 90s. This isn't a commentary on the tea parties, because they have been peaceful as a whole. However the guys with guns practicing in fields, the militia and patriot movement, have aligned themselves with the Tea Party. Over the past 20 years or so, left wing violence (which normally comes out in the form of ecoterrorism) has limited itself to property damage. But right wing terrorism has not only employed bombings (see Oklahoma City and the Olympic Bombing), but also home invasions of ethnic minorities, murders, and shooting sprees. I know this because my field is counter terrorism. Most of our domestic terrorism concerns come from the right these days. And we have been seeing mounting evidence that having a black democratic president in office (and a democratic majority in congress) has re-fueled the extremist movements from the 90s. This is a seperate thing from the tea party movement itself for sure, but the tea party movement is helping to energize these folk.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewsy. Show andrewsy's posts

In Response to Re: Newsweek: All-white angry hateful mob meets nationwide : Correction: I am not fat, thank you.
    Posted by BobinVa

bobin virginia ....

Your quote from reagan is interesting, given his administration doubled the size of government and paid for nothing during his reign.
    Huge deficit left to us by the great communicator.
    What a joke!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

In Response to Re: Newsweek: All-white angry hateful mob meets nationwide : bobin virginia .... Your quote from reagan is interesting, given his administration doubled the size of government and paid for nothing during his reign. Huge deficit left to us by the great communicator. What a joke!
    Posted by andrewsy

Yeah, its too bad he was never able to build on all the accomplishments of the Carter presidency

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

"I know this because my field is counter terrorism."

Professor,
    Wait till GrimFandango reads this, he will take it as validation that you are a paid government blogger.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tristelune. Show tristelune's posts

In Response to Re: Newsweek: All-white angry hateful mob meets nationwide : Yeah, its too bad he was never able to build on all the accomplishments of the Carter presidency
    Posted by lrecliner

But hey, aren't Obama in the same situation as Regean?