Newt Says the Right to Guns is God's Gift to World

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Newt Says the Right to Guns is God's Gift to World

“The right to bear arms comes from our creator, not our government,” Gingrich said. The NRA “has been too timid” in promoting its agenda beyond American borders. The Bill of Rights was not written only for Americans, he said. “It is a universal document.”

“A Gingrich presidency will submit to the UN a treaty that extends the right to bear arms as a human right to every person on the planet.” Every world citizen, he said, “deserves the right to defend themselves from those who exploit, imprison, or kill them.” For his latest big idea, Gingrich earned a standing ovation from the crowd of roughly 5,000.

“We don’t need to go across the planet trying to impose American values, but we do need to go across the planet spreading human values,” Gingrich said. “The Second Amendment is a right for all mankind.”

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Re: Newt Says the Right to Guns is God's Gift to World

And yet... the rest of the world pretty much disagrees...

And seriously?  The right to be free of quartering soldiers is from God?

How about Prohibition: The Lord giveth and taketh (or taketh and giveth)?

The Constitution is a manmade document.  No one can read the mind of God.  But the needs of the people can be ascertained by rational discourse and democratic vote.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In Response to Re: Newt Says the Right to Guns is God's Gift to World:
    Is Newt even in the race anymore?
    Posted by WhichOnesPink2

He will run until his voice gives out. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Newt Says the Right to Guns is God's Gift to World:
    “The right to bear arms comes from our creator, not our government,” Gingrich said. The NRA “has been too timid” in promoting its agenda beyond American borders. The Bill of Rights was not written only for Americans, he said. “It is a universal document.” “A Gingrich presidency will submit to the UN a treaty that extends the right to bear arms as a human right to every person on the planet.” Every world citizen, he said, “deserves the right to defend themselves from those who exploit, imprison, or kill them.” For his latest big idea, Gingrich earned a standing ovation from the crowd of roughly 5,000. “We don’t need to go across the planet trying to impose American values, but we do need to go across the planet spreading human values,” Gingrich said. “The Second Amendment is a right for all mankind.”
    Posted by Reubenhop

Your problem with this is???

I mean, other than it stands in the way of the liberal world view that the elites determine our rights.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Newt wants to go around the world giving people guns in the name of the lord...... God Bless America.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In Response to Re: Newt Says the Right to Guns is God's Gift to World : Well said by a nanny-state liberal. Let's not put anything above government and the process of governing. People do not have inherent rights, they are granted to them by the likes of Reubenhop and all well-meaning liberals.
    Posted by Newtster

Spoken like the unthinking ideologue that you are.  Sure.  God gave us the right to carry machine guns and bazookas and government is standing in the way of God's plan.  And the rest of the civilized world did not get God's message!  And God gave us Prohibition and then changed his mind a few years later.  Sure.  That all makes sense. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In Response to Newt Says the Right to Guns is God's Gift to World : Your problem with this is??? I mean, other than it stands in the way of the liberal world view that the elites determine our rights.
    Posted by skeeter20

It's nonsense.  The thought that the American politicians that wrote the Bill of Rights were channeling God's plan for the world, a plan that therefore cannot be changed, is nonsense.  Indeed, it is supremely arrogant nonsense as virtually all other civilized nations do not recognize this right.  An inherent, God-given human right to carry an AK47.  Sure.  It's in the Bible somewhere...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: Newt Says the Right to Guns is God's Gift to World : It's nonsense.  The thought that the American politicians that wrote the Bill of Rights were channeling God's plan for the world, a plan that therefore cannot be changed, is nonsense.  Indeed, it is supremely arrogant nonsense as virtually all other civilized nations do not recognize this right.  An inherent, God-given human right to carry an AK47.  Sure.  It's in the Bible somewhere...
    Posted by Reubenhop

Are you saying that I don't have a right to defend myself, outside of any "right" to do so granted by government (or the elite)?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

For his next Newt will declare that the right to bear arms extends to the moon and the moon bases he will build if he becomes president. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

"Oh gun where art thou"

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Newt Says the Right to Guns is God's Gift to World : Guns, and the violence they bring are a 'God given right'? God's a warmonger, who knew? Geepers, you wingnuts are nuttier than pecan tree.
    Posted by airborne-rgr

They apparently will defend anything, and I mean anything, spewed by one of the wingnut leaders.

Yes, God gave us guns and it is God's grand vision that we will spread the glory guns around the world. 

I'm so glad I haven't backed myself into a corner that requires I defend that statement.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

It may be that Newt is talking about our right to defend ourselves and uses the gun law as an analogy.

Guns do not kill people!! A gun is an inanimate object!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

To buy a gun, a person should have to go thru the same wingnut process as a person getting an abortion.  They should have to wait 48 hours after applying. View on ultrasound of a body with a bullet in it. Listen to the heartbeat of someone as they die of a gunshot wound. Get a lecture from a surgeon on what it is like to operate on a gunshot wound. After all that, if a person still wants a gun, he or she is free to buy one. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

It may be that Newt is talking about our right to defend ourselves and uses the gun law as an analogy. Guns do not kill people!! A gun is an inanimate object!
    Posted by tvoter

Newt's not the issue, guns aren't the issue.  The apparent unwillingness of the left to recognize our right to defend ourselves is the issue.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In Response to Re: Newt Says the Right to Guns is God's Gift to World : Hell, why not throw in a transvaginal or transanal ultrasound to boot? Conservatives like that sort of thing, I hear.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow

I guess that would possibly deter the miniscule percentage of gun purchasers who intend to use it on a human being! da

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

It would seem that one snivelling turd or another reported my post in which I called Gingrich a f**king moron, for the second time. Therefore, I reiterate that Gingrich is a f**king moron. I also reiterate that whoever really feels the need to report posts is probably pretty close to the type of person no one would mind watching get run over by a bus. In fact, I might rather enjoy the slow-motion replay. I thought truther was as low as you can go, but anonymous tw(i)ts can be relentless about this sort of thing.... That said: First, guns are a gift from China . Second, if guns are a gift from God, why are not nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons? Is Gingrich taking the position that Bush launched a War On Jesus in 2003? How dare we take God's gifts from Iraq!?!? If they had any, that is...  
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow

nice thoughtless ramble

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

It may be that Newt is talking about our right to defend ourselves and uses the gun law as an analogy. Guns do not kill people!! A gun is an inanimate object!
    Posted by tvoter

I like that on one thread you say "Guns do not kill people!! A gun is an inanimate object!"  and on another thread you tout the innocence of George Zimmerman.

If George Zimmerman didn't have a gun would Trayvon Martin have been killed?

Seriously, you make this too easy.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts