Newt Says the Right to Guns is God's Gift to World

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Re: Newt Says the Right to Guns is God's Gift to World

In Response to Re: Newt Says the Right to Guns is God's Gift to World:
    [QUOTE]It may be that Newt is talking about our right to defend ourselves and uses the gun law as an analogy. Guns do not kill people!! A gun is an inanimate object!
    Posted by tvoter[/QUOTE]

Yes, Newt is speaking at the NRA convention but he is using guns as an analogy.  LOL!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newt Says the Right to Guns is God's Gift to World : To buy a car, a person should have to go thru the same wingnut process as a person getting an abortion.  They should have to wait 48 hours after applying. View an ultrasound of a body impacted by a car crash. Listen to the heartbeat of someone as they die of a car accident. Get a lecture from a surgeon on what it is like to operate on a car crash victim. After all that, if a person still wants a car, he or she is free to buy one. 
    Posted by WhichOnesPink2[/QUOTE]

False analogy alert. 

Guns, if used as they are intended, intimidate, injure and kill.

Cars, if used as intended obviously do not.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newt Says the Right to Guns is God's Gift to World : Except that millions of gun owners use their guns as intended....for target shooting at gun ranges. My dad had guns...he never intimidated, injured or killed anyone with them. He just shot at targets at the range. Just like millions of other law abiding gun owners.

The car analogy is far-fetched, as was the abortion analogy but what you say here is true.  People own guns for different reasons, many gun owners probably never envision using a gun against a fellow human being.  Some people collect guns, they aren't thinking about intimidation or harming others.

There is middle ground on the issue but to go back to where this thread started, Newt saying gun ownership is a right bestowed by God, is not finding middle ground.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

[QUOTE]And yet... the rest of the world pretty much disagrees... And seriously?  The right to be free of quartering soldiers is from God? How about Prohibition: The Lord giveth and taketh (or taketh and giveth)? The Constitution is a manmade document.  No one can read the mind of God.  But the needs of the people can be ascertained by rational discourse and democratic vote.
    Posted by Reubenhop[/QUOTE]

Of course ther rest of the world disagrees Reubin, for the most part the rest of the world is ruled by petty tyrants or tyrant wannabees that completely understand that a well armed public is one that is dangerous to their well being.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

[QUOTE]The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes" - SCOTUS, June 2008. Its over.  MoveOn - .org ain't it funny how the only people who haven't moved on, is MoveOn?
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

Move on?  Gun control advocates aren't looking to take away your right to own a gun, but regulations are a must.  Guns and ammo today are very different than in 1790 and every gun should be examined for its safety and appropriateness.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]To buy a gun, a person should have to go thru the same wingnut process as a person getting an abortion.  They should have to wait 48 hours after applying. View on ultrasound of a body with a bullet in it. Listen to the heartbeat of someone as they die of a gunshot wound. Get a lecture from a surgeon on what it is like to operate on a gunshot wound. After all that, if a person still wants a gun, he or she is free to buy one. 
    Posted by UserName99[/QUOTE]

Heh.  Good one.

And I say that as a left-leaning gun owner in a deep blue state.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE] I'm pretty sure the criminal and mental disorder background check is federal due to Brady Bill but don't quote me on that.

You may be right...

...but if so, the Nuge, for one, must've slipped right by them.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newt Says the Right to Guns is God's Gift to World : Move on?  Gun control advocates aren't looking to take away your right to own a gun, but regulations are a must.  Guns and ammo today are very different than in 1790 and every gun should be examined for its safety and appropriateness.
    Posted by UserName99[/QUOTE]

Listen up Commie...... I keep my musket loaded in case the King of England walks through my front door and starts pushing me around.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newt Says the Right to Guns is God's Gift to World : Listen up Commie...... I keep my musket loaded in case the King of England walks through my front door and starts pushing me around.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

There is no king of england.

Now the king of sweden, OTOH...gotta watch out for THAT dirty f***er...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia , and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes" - SCOTUS, June 2008. Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

Except that some off-kilter folks think that shooting native and black people qualifies as 'traditionally lawful'...

...because in some places, it was.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newt Says the Right to Guns is God's Gift to World : There is no king of england. Now the king of sweden, OTOH...gotta watch out for THAT dirty f***er...
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm aware.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newt Says the Right to Guns is God's Gift to World : There is no king of england. Now the king of sweden, OTOH...gotta watch out for THAT dirty f***er...
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

Funny you should bring up Sweden.  Now, if you'd just substituted "Norway".  Any part of the hour-long opening rant by the true-believer shooter/bomber now being tried might be instructive here.  It's worth reading.  He might look up to Mr. Gingrich as patron saint, prophet, or at least advocate, now.  After all, he was standing and defending a way of life.  In his case, substitute "vs. Muslims" for "vs. Blacks".  That is how a poster on this board keeps defending Mr. Zimmerman's actions (which must include the five others that he called in) as defending the Sanford gated community's way of life against Blacks - er - no, not exactly? 

And, anyway, why are race, religion and ethnicity so often intertwined with special gun (and bombing) incidents?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newt Says the Right to Guns is God's Gift to World : I was unaware the "Nuge" had a criminal background as well as diagnosed mental disorders. 

"Criminal"?  None that I'm aware of.

"Mental Disorders", on the other hand...that's another story...

I mean, he IS the 'Motor City Madman'.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]  And, anyway, why are race, religion and ethnicity so often intertwined with special gun (and bombing) incidents?
    Posted by Firewind[/QUOTE]

Fear and Paranoia are my best, unscientific guesses.

But I think it's a stretch to compare the right-wing terrorist Breivik with Zimmerman.  The former is in his own circle of he!!ishness; the latter just seemed to flat-out panic.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newt Says the Right to Guns is God's Gift to World : Of course ther rest of the world disagrees Reubin, for the most part the rest of the world is ruled by petty tyrants or tyrant wannabees that completely understand that a well armed public is one that is dangerous to their well being.
    Posted by StalkingButler[/QUOTE]

Have you ever been to Europe?  It is a quite civilized place.  And it has lots of gun control with little impact on their social or political way of life.  You need to expand your horizons.  And there are lots of places that have a lot of people with guns and the places have no quality of life at all.  Denmark or Somalia?  Which would you choose?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia , and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes" - SCOTUS, June 2008. LEAVE ! IT IS DONE!!! Over Kaput! Bullsht!! Done "Move on" 1
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

Nothing is "over" in the great experiment in self governance known as America.