NH anti gun rally

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: NH anti gun rally

Disturbing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Also Dorner. To their credit they've since appologized. Still, the insanity...

--

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

My guess is someone compiled a list of people killed by simply pulling down a list of casualties from some website and didn't bother to scrub it for people who died as a result of criminal activity.  I bet if someone looked closer they would find other names listed that probably shouldn't be there.  Its sloppy work, not sympathetic nod to Tsarneav

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Was a gun shot even his cause of death?  I thought he was run down by a car driven by his brother.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

Was a gun shot even his cause of death?  I thought he was run down by a car driven by his brother.

The government is coming for our cars next.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

NH has a very high percentage of the population that legally owns a gun or mutliple guns.  It has one of the highest average household incomes in the nation, some of the lowest violent crime and minimal gun ownership licensing requirements.

How is that even possible that there are few gun laws, so many guns and so little crime????  That doesn't even make sense. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to macnh1's comment:

NH has a very high percentage of the population that legally owns a gun or mutliple guns.  It has one of the highest average household incomes in the nation, some of the lowest violent crime and minimal gun ownership licensing requirements.

How is that even possible that there are few gun laws, so many guns and so little crime????  That doesn't even make sense. 

Top 10 States with strictest gun control

PA - 10

IL - 9

RI - 8

MD - 7

HI - 6

CT - 5

NY - 4

MA - 3

NJ - 2

CA - 1

Violent Crimes Per 100,000

PA - 439

IL - 542

RI - 228

MD - 679

HI - 281

CT - 281

NY - 435

MA - 447

NJ - 352

CA - 533

NH - 139

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev was read aloud as a recent victim of gun violence.

I'm not sure what to do with that. Wow.

I thought he was collateral damage from pressure cooker violence.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Out of state morons.  

I have it first-hand saying that's not true.  Plenty of NHers there rallying...

...even if the rally was organized top-down by MAIG.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Ah...so NOW anecdotal evidence is cool....got it...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to macnh1's comment:

A fallacy - correlation without causation.

One could just as well credit NH's low rate of poverty and high average income (compared to other states) for the low crime rate.

Also, about 1.3 million people...roughly half the number of Brooklyn.  Make of the demos what you will.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

It's an observation, not evidence...and from a close family member who is also very politically active.

Regardless, blaming 'outsiders' for their problems is a popular pastime in NH.  Always has been....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

It's an observation, not evidence...and from a close family member who is also very politically active.

Regardless, blaming 'outsiders' for their problems is a popular pastime in NH.  Always has been....

So anecdotal evidence is cool now. Just want to make sure I'm up with the rules. Thanks!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

So anecdotal evidence is cool now. Just want to make sure I'm up with the rules. Thanks!

Except that this is not evidence.  Otherwise, KYO....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Except that this is not evidence.  Otherwise, KYO....

Course not...

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Out of state morons.  

And I have it first hand that the genuine NHers are embarrassed and PO'd

What exactly is a "genuine NHer"...?   

The state went blue in 2012...not surprising that some granite staters would represent the anti-gun violence contingent.

Or maybe you just meant pro-gun NHers are despondent.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Out of state morons.  

And I have it first hand that the genuine NHers are embarrassed and PO'd

What exactly is a "genuine NHer"...?   

The state went blue in 2012...not surprising that some granite staters would represent the anti-gun violence contingent.

Or maybe you just meant pro-gun NHers are despondent.

No, I mean anti-gun NHers who attended.  C'mon man, think about it.  Mourning the death of a terrorist in Boston as a victim of gun violence???  NHers run the marathon too ya know, and have been known to drink and buy stuff here too.  Honest.

Yes, and those same NHers who attended still wholeheartedly support the cause of fewer guns despite the unfortunate clerical error.

As I said, this was a top-down-organized event by MAIG, albeit well-attended by its NH supporters (who are equally as miffed at Ms. Ayotte, btw). Whether lay-protestors came from out of state is irrelevant.

The overall message is still sound even as the delivery of it was bobbled.

Unfortunately now the 6,000 or so lost to gun violence since Newtown have been overshadowed (again) by semantics.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

How many of those 6000 were people killed by police and or people killed while committing a crime?

Sections
Shortcuts