Nintendo sez: No Same-Sex Marriage!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -V-. Show -V-'s posts

Nintendo sez: No Same-Sex Marriage!

Aww-Gee .. No Same-Sex Marriage ...

By: Katie Williams

Nintendo Strikes Down Gay Marriage Requests for 'Tomodachi Life'

Nintendo "never intended to make any form of social commentary with the launch of Tomodachi Life."

Nintendo has publicly responded to criticism following its removal of a "bug" that allowed same-sex marriage in Tomodachi Life.

"Nintendo never intended to make any form of social commentary with the launch of Tomodachi Life," Nintendo said in a statement.

"The relationship options in the game represent a playful alternate world rather than a real-life simulation.

We hope that all of our fans will see that Tomodachi Life was intended to be a whimsical and quirky game, and that we were absolutely not trying to provide social commentary."

Nintendo had recently patched out what it referred to

as "strange relationships",

spurring the creation of an online petition, Miiquality, requesting that same-sex relationships be reinstated.

"We have heard and thoughtfully considered all the

responses," Nintendo continued.

"We will continue to listen and think about the feedback.

We're using this as an opportunity to better understand our consumers and their expectations of us at all levels of the organization."

Speaking with IGN, Nintendo maintained previously that the primary purpose of the patch was not to remove same-sex marriage, but to fix a data leak.

Nintendo's Bill Trinen said that the removal of same-sex marriage was not an issue to Japanese players, suggesting that the criticism is largely centred in Western audiences.

Tomodachi Life is anticipated to be Nintendo's next Animal Crossing.

It's due for release in Western territories on June 6.

~ HOLD ON - HOLD ON ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoG2i_h420A

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Nintendo sez: No Same-Sex Marriage!

FYI "Tomodachi" means friend in Japanese.  And Chisai Tomodachi means "Little Friend".  So I imagine in the Japanese dubbed version of "Scar face", Tony yells out, "say hello to my Chisai Tomodochi"  except all in Japanese.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from -V-. Show -V-'s posts

Nintendo sez: NO to Same-Sex Marriage!

Thanks for the translation 'DWL'.

The main point of the OP is that Nintendo referred to same-sex marriage as ..

.. "Strange Relationships" ..

This, of course, created a gay back-lash as described below in an article in

'The Guardian' news.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/07/nintendo-miiquality-campaign-gay-tomodachi-life

Nintendo resists #Miiquality campaign to let Tomodachi Life gamers play gay.

• Hit game allows only heterosexual flirting and marriage
    • Japanese gaming giant 'never intended … social commentary'

Associated Press in Los Angeles

the guardian.com | 7 May 2014

Nintendo is not allowing gamers to play as gay in an upcoming life simulator game.

The Japanese company said on Tuesday it wouldn't bow to pressure to allow players to engage in romantic activities with characters of the same sex in English editions of Tomodachi Life, which is set for release in North America and Europe on 6 June.

This followed a social-media campaign, launched by fans last month, which sought virtual equality for the game's characters.

"Nintendo never intended to make any form of social commentary with the launch of 'Tomodachi Life,'” Nintendo of America said in a statement.

"The relationship options in the game represent a playful alternate world rather than a real-life simulation. We hope that all of our fans will see that 'Tomodachi Life' was intended to be a whimsical and quirky game, and that we were absolutely not trying to provide social commentary."

Tye Marini, a gay 23-year-old Nintendo fan from Mesa, Arizona, launched the campaign last month, asking supporters to post on Twitter and Facebook with the hashtag #Miiquality, and to write to Nintendo.

The game was released in Japan last year and features a cast of Mii characters – Nintendo's personalised avatars of real players – living on a virtual island. Gamers can do things like shop, visit an amusement park, play games, go on dates and encounter celebrities like Christina Aguilera and Shaquille O'Neal.

"I want to be able to marry my real-life fiancé's Mii, but I can't do that," Marini said in a video posted online. "My only options are to marry some female Mii, to change the gender of either my Mii or my fiancé's Mii or to completely avoid marriage altogether and miss out on the exclusive content that comes with it."

Tomodachi Life has been a hit in a Japan, where Nintendo said last December it had sold 1.83 million copies. Only characters of the opposite sex are able to flirt, date and marry in the game.

"It's more of an issue for this game because the characters are supposed to be a representation of your real life," Marini said on Tuesday. "You import your personalised characters into the game. You name them. You give them a personality. You give them a voice. They just can't fall in love if they're gay."

In a statement, Nintendo said: "The ability for same-sex relationships to occur in the game was not part of the original game that launched in Japan, and that game is made up of the same code that was used to localise it for other regions outside of Japan.”

~ HOLD ON - HOLD ON ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoG2i_h420A

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Sounds like video games have changed a lot since I was wasting time with them as a kid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from -V-. Show -V-'s posts

In response to UserName9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sounds like video games have changed a lot since I was wasting time with them as a kid.

[/QUOTE]

Me  too.

I wonder 'if' there are any current games that support homosexuality?

I have a list of games in my files but none of them are Gay.

Sounds like a project for the 'Gay Mafia' to me ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

In response to -V-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Me  too.

[/QUOTE]

Uhm..... there weren't any video games when you were a kid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from -V-. Show -V-'s posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Me  too.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How astute of you.
    In fact there wasn't any TV either.

But of course I was making reference to video games when they first became available.

Guess you 'did not grasp that bit of logic' did you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Me  too.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How astute of you.
    In fact there wasn't any TV either.

But of course I was making reference to video games when they first became available.

Guess you 'did not grasp that bit of logic' did you.

[/QUOTE]

In fact, there was television when you were a "kid".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from -V-. Show -V-'s posts

[QUOTE]

"Gay mafia" ?!

Where do you get this stuff?

(And is it supposed to be part of the misconceived adorable geriatric bigot shtick?)

[/QUOTE]

"Gay Mafia"

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The "Gay Mafia", "Velvet Mafia" are pejorative terms for the expansion of gay rights groups in politics, media, and everyday life - and are most often used when those efforts include boycotts and similar efforts to stifle opposing viewpoints on issues affecting Gays.[1][2] The "Gay Mafia" and "Velvet Mafia" are typically associated with the upper echelons of the fashion and entertainment industries, and the terms are also used humorously by gay people themselves.[citation needed] The term was widely used in the 1980s and 1990s, and could often be seen in the pages of the New York Post. The term was also used by the British newspaper, The Sun, in 1998 in response to what it claimed was a representation of gay people in the Labour British Cabinet.[3] "Lavender Mafia" refers to the perceived homosexual elements of life within the Catholic church and other organizations that represent mostly positive attitudes.

Origin of the term

An early use of the term was when the English critic Kenneth Tynan proposed an article to Playboy editor A.C. Spectorsky in late 1967 on the "Homosexual Mafia" in the arts.[4] Spectorsky declined, although he admitted that "culture hounds were paying homage to faggotismo as they have never done before". Playboy would run a panel on homosexual issues in April 1971.

The term "Velvet Mafia" was first used in an article in the "Top of the Pop" column in the entertainment section of the Sunday New York Daily News in the 1970s by journalist Steven Gaines to describe the executives at the Robert Stigwood Organization, a British film and record company. The phrase was later used by the same writer in a roman à clef about Studio 54 called The Club in reference to the influential gay crowd that became the club's habitués. This "mafia" included Calvin Klein, Truman Capote, Halston and Andy Warhol. The term was tongue-in-cheek, describing a powerful social clique, not some truly devious alliance ruling either an industry or politics.

Gradually, velvet came to be replaced with gay.

The term may have gained wider social prominence after it was used in a 1995 Spy article and a 2002 Vanity Fair article, wherein Michael Ovitz, in an interview,[5] blamed the aforementioned group for his company's failures.[6]

Lavender Mafia
    The Lavender Mafia has been used as well as the gay mafia to refer to an informal network of homosexual executives in the entertainment industry.[7] 

References:
    Jump up ^ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/08/brendan-eich-gay-mafia-_n_5111602.html
    Jump up ^ http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2014/04/08/gay_mafia_why_are_conservatives_afraid_of_lgbtq_activists.html
    Jump up ^ ([1] [2][3][4])
    Jump up ^ Kenneth Tynan Letters (Weidenfeld and Nicolson, 1994)
    Jump up ^ Burrough, Bryan (August 2002), "Ovitz Agonistes", Vanity Fair
    Jump up ^ Lyman, Rick (July 3, 2002). "Ovitz Bitterly Bares Soul, And Film Industry Reacts". The New York Times.
    Jump up ^ George De Stefano, An offer we can't refuse: the mafia in the mind of America, New York, 2005

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_Mafia

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from -V-. Show -V-'s posts

:: BUMP ::

Well, the heterophobe that said the below never returned.

So .. Here it is again for everyone's clarification.

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"Gay mafia" ?!

(And is it supposed to be part of the misconceived adorable geriatric bigot shtick?)

[/QUOTE]

"Gay Mafia"

The "Gay Mafia", "Velvet Mafia" are pejorative terms for the expansion of gay rights groups in politics, media, and everyday life - and are most often used when those efforts include boycotts and similar efforts to stifle opposing viewpoints on issues affecting Gays.[1][2] The "Gay Mafia" and "Velvet Mafia" are typically associated with the upper echelons of the fashion and entertainment industries, and the terms are also used humorously by gay people themselves.[citation needed] The term was widely used in the 1980s and 1990s, and could often be seen in the pages of the New York Post. The term was also used by the British newspaper, The Sun, in 1998 in response to what it claimed was a representation of gay people in the Labour British Cabinet.[3] "Lavender Mafia" refers to the perceived homosexual elements of life within the Catholic church and other organizations that represent mostly positive attitudes.

Origin of the term

An early use of the term was when the English critic Kenneth Tynan proposed an article to Playboy editor A.C. Spectorsky in late 1967 on the "Homosexual Mafia" in the arts.[4] Spectorsky declined, although he admitted that "culture hounds were paying homage to faggotismo as they have never done before". Playboy would run a panel on homosexual issues in April 1971.

The term "Velvet Mafia" was first used in an article in the "Top of the Pop" column in the entertainment section of the Sunday New York Daily News in the 1970s by journalist Steven Gaines to describe the executives at the Robert Stigwood Organization, a British film and record company. The phrase was later used by the same writer in a roman à clef about Studio 54 called The Club in reference to the influential gay crowd that became the club's habitués. This "mafia" included Calvin Klein, Truman Capote, Halston and Andy Warhol. The term was tongue-in-cheek, describing a powerful social clique, not some truly devious alliance ruling either an industry or politics.

The term may have gained wider social prominence after it was used in a 1995 Spy article and a 2002 Vanity Fair article, wherein Michael Ovitz, in an interview,[5] blamed the aforementioned group for his company's failures.[6]

Lavender Mafia
    The Lavender Mafia has been used as well as the gay mafia to refer to an informal network of homosexual executives in the entertainment industry.[7] 

References:
    Jump up ^ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/08/brendan-eich-gay-mafia-_n_5111602.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/08/brendan-eich-gay-mafia-_n_5111602.html
    Jump up ^ http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2014/04/08/gay_mafia_why_are_conservatives_afraid_of_lgbtq_activists.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2014/04/08/gay_mafia_why_are_conservatives_afraid_of_lgbtq_activists.html
    Jump up ^ Lyman, Rick (July 3, 2002). "Ovitz Bitterly Bares Soul, And Film Industry Reacts". The New York Times.
    Jump up ^ George De Stefano, An offer we can't refuse: the mafia in the mind of America, New York, 2005

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_Mafia" rel="nofollow">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_Mafia

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"Gay mafia" ?!

[/QUOTE]

"Gay Mafia"

Origin of the term

Lavender Mafia

References:
    Jump up ^ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/08/brendan-eich-gay-mafia-_n_5111602.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/08/brendan-eich-gay-mafia-_n_5111602.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/08/brendan-eich-gay-mafia-_n_5111602.html
    Jump up ^ http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2014/04/08/gay_mafia_why_are_conservatives_afraid_of_lgbtq_activists.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2014/04/08/gay_mafia_why_are_conservatives_afraid_of_lgbtq_activists.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2014/04/08/gay_mafia_why_are_conservatives_afraid_of_lgbtq_activists.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_Mafia" rel="nofollow">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_Mafia" rel="nofollow">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_Mafia

[/QUOTE]

You certainly are knowledgeable about all things gay! You must be so proud to have to have bumped your last comment. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from -V-. Show -V-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"Gay mafia" ?!

[/QUOTE]

"Gay Mafia"

Origin of the term

Lavender Mafia

References:
    Jump up ^ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/08/brendan-eich-gay-mafia-_n_5111602.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/08/brendan-eich-gay-mafia-_n_5111602.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/08/brendan-eich-gay-mafia-_n_5111602.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/08/brendan-eich-gay-mafia-_n_5111602.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/08/brendan-eich-gay-mafia-_n_5111602.html
    Jump up ^ http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2014/04/08/gay_mafia_why_are_conservatives_afraid_of_lgbtq_activists.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2014/04/08/gay_mafia_why_are_conservatives_afraid_of_lgbtq_activists.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2014/04/08/gay_mafia_why_are_conservatives_afraid_of_lgbtq_activists.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2014/04/08/gay_mafia_why_are_conservatives_afraid_of_lgbtq_activists.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2014/04/08/gay_mafia_why_are_conservatives_afraid_of_lgbtq_activists.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_Mafia" rel="nofollow">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_Mafia" rel="nofollow">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_Mafia" rel="nofollow">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_Mafia" rel="nofollow">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_Mafia

[/QUOTE]

You certainly are knowledgeable about all things gay!

[/QUOTE]

LOL ...

... Go tell your Momma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOx5L4g5S04