North Carolina May Declare Official State Religion Under New Bill

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: North Carolina May Declare Official State Religion Under New Bill

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

Now that is a novel, albeit ignorant, argument ... atheism is now a "religion".

It's a personal belief system ACC, and like any personal belief system it should not be imposed on anyone.

No one is imposing atheism on anyone.

Unless, of course, you think the embrace of science and rational thinking is "atheism"...

Sure you are.  You are indicating that, when it comes to the public square, and running fgovernemnt, religionists need not apply.

the "rules" of government, in your view need to be from a worldview of athiesm.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Greg ..... Franklin respected all religions .

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

As do I

I know you do Greg ...... No disrepect but I would like to ask you if you think that one's religion be kept personal ....... I think it should ..... what I see now in our country now is that religion is being used to control others .... what do you think ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

As do I

I know you do Greg ...... No disrepect but I would like to ask you if you think that one's religion be kept personal ....... I think it should ..... what I see now in our country now is that religion is being used to control others .... what do you think ?

When you say it should be "kept personal" do you mean people should not admit to the religion they follow?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

As do I

When you say it should be "kept personal" do you mean people should not admit to the religion they follow?

No .... I find nothing wrong with a person being religious and following what they believe ..... I myself find that somebody's relationship with the God that they believe in is a one on one relationship and it isn't tied to a group of people . I realized that some religions call on thier believers to tell others what they think they believe in or "to testify"  .... it seems like thier are talking about thier favorite  baseball team ... in my eyes I find that my relationship with God is personal .... it's between Him and me and my daily actions should be ruled by my relationship with God .

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

As do I

No .... I find nothing wrong with a person being religious and following what they believe ..... I myself find that somebody's relationship with the God that they believe in is a one on one relationship and it isn't tied to a group of people . I realized that some religions call on thier believers to tell others what they think they believe in or "to testify"  .... it seems like thier are talking about thier favorite  baseball team ... in my eyes I find that my relationship with God is personal .... it's between Him and me and my daily actions should be ruled by my relationship with God .

Ok, I thought that's where you were going but wasn't sure. I am not religious at all but I am totally for people having religious beliefs....just don't push them on me and we be cool. Not suggesting you would be one of those people. Just saying in general terms.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

No one is imposing atheism on anyone. Unless, of course, you think the embrace of science and rational thinking is "atheism"...

I believe that you are wrong Reubin. Some athiests are attempting to "impose atheism" by making a concerted effort to remove religion and spirituality from public life in the guise of "separation of church and state."

But thanks for throwing that red herring out there to suggest that science and rational thinking is the sole purview of the non-religious.