Note The Sudden Silence of the NRA.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Note The Sudden Silence of the NRA.....

Looking at the press coverage after other recent mass shootings, the attention from the media re: gun control drops off significantly beyond the first few weeks.

Not sure if this is their strategy, but they might just be waiting it out.  It's really up to the people to keep talking about it after the fourth estate has had their way.

As of right now, I could really care less what the NRA thinks.  They don't speak for me as a gun owner.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to NO MO O's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Looking at the press coverage after other recent mass shootings, the attention from the media re: gun control drops off significantly beyond the first few weeks.

Not sure if this is their strategy, but they might just be waiting it out.  It's really up to the people to keep talking about it after the fourth estate has had their way.

As of right now, I could really care less what the NRA thinks.  They don't speak for me as a gun owner.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Guns don't kill.. people do.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but the guns help, particularly when loaded with those darn bullets.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NRA's comment:

"to help make sure this never happens again."

That'll be the day.

[/QUOTE]

Man, you are just evil.  Ne'er give an inch, eh?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to kelldog1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In the wake of the Newtown massacre, the NRA has been conspicuously silent. Yesterday they pulled their Facebook page........ Why??? They did not even release an expression of of sympathy or condolence or comdemnation of the act....WHY?

The NRA has been selling the American people a pile of disingenuous, sanctimonious, second ammendment bull shiitt. Let me ask you this?..... Is your assault weapon gonna be capable of standing up to Government tyrranny or tanks?  Probably not.....even if you have expanded magazine capacity. Will your assault weapon protect your "Freedom"....probably not....

But the assault rifle in the wrong hands seems perfectly capable of slaughtering our innocent citizenry.!

[/QUOTE]

The NRA is a whacko, rightwing, gun nut organization.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

But the companies have exposure.  Quite a bit of money was paid out to the victims of the sniper killings in the Washington area.  A similar weapon was used.  If the legislative branch can't act the judicial branch may do so.

Well, see, I dunno how I feel about suing the company.

It's not a defective product. The problem is that it does exactly what it's designed to do. And unlike suing tobacoo companeis, the gun company never lied about it and pretended it wouldn't be capable of killing a bunch of people.

Quite the opposite: Get this. It'll make you a man because you can shoot a lot of things and do a lot of damage!

I don't think it's really fair to sue a company for selling a working product, without deception, that does precisely what it's designed to do.

[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree.  And yet the insurer paid out about $500 million to the victims. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Man, you are just evil.  Ne'er give an inch, eh?

=

[/QUOTE]

You are the little engine that could!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Timing may not be everything, but it's as important as content.  The NRA is waiting for the wave to pass.  When they hold their news conference, it will be as if no time had passed, per their public affairs firms' advice, and the latter will make it (seem) so.  Then we'll hear from the republican leadership.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

FYI..............let's see what they offer up.  I believe it will be centered around the gun show loophole/backgroundchecks and a higher level of control on assault; weapons/high capacity magazines

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE  FOR MORE INFORMATION

December 18, 2012  NRA Public Affairs (703) 267-3820

NRA STATEMENT

The National Rifle Association of America is made up of four million moms and dads, 

sons and daughters – and we were shocked, saddened and heartbroken by the news of the 

horrific and senseless murders in Newtown.

Out of respect for the families, and as a matter of common decency, we have given time 

for mourning, prayer and a full investigation of the facts before commenting.

The NRA is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never 

happens again.

The NRA is planning to hold a major news conference in the Washington, DC area 

on Friday, December 21.

Details will be released to the media at the appropriate time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

But the companies have exposure.  Quite a bit of money was paid out to the victims of the sniper killings in the Washington area.  A similar weapon was used.  If the legislative branch can't act the judicial branch may do so.

Well, see, I dunno how I feel about suing the company.

It's not a defective product. The problem is that it does exactly what it's designed to do. And unlike suing tobacoo companeis, the gun company never lied about it and pretended it wouldn't be capable of killing a bunch of people.

Quite the opposite: Get this. It'll make you a man because you can shoot a lot of things and do a lot of damage!

I don't think it's really fair to sue a company for selling a working product, without deception, that does precisely what it's designed to do.

[/QUOTE]

The marketing of the product is suspect.  There are some products where you really need to be just factual, none of this marketing spin.  Same with drugs, BTW.  If anything, it is time to demand that products that are serious, adult, products be advertised clearly without the emotional spin.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Firewind's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Timing may not be everything, but it's as important as content.  The NRA is waiting for the wave to pass.  When they hold their news conference, it will be as if no time had passed, per their public affairs firms' advice, and the latter will make it (seem) so.  Then we'll hear from the republican leadership.  

[/QUOTE]

The NRA is in a box.  You have the press and the left screaming at them in ways that make pro-abortion zealots blush.  Not a shred of factual discussion about what the NRA stands for or promotes. 

Facts and adult behavior do not apply to the left when you are in their hate-filled cross-hairs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why are we supposed to hear from the Repub "leadership"? Isn't this issue bigger than one party? Isn't that why Obama spoke to the nation? What more are you expecting beyond what Obama did?

[/QUOTE]

We are supposed to hear from the GOP because they the control the House.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Sistersledge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why are we supposed to hear from the Repub "leadership"? Isn't this issue bigger than one party? Isn't that why Obama spoke to the nation? What more are you expecting beyond what Obama did?

[/QUOTE]

We are supposed to hear from the GOP because they the control the House.

[/QUOTE]

Boehner already released statements on this tragedy. 

[/QUOTE]

And Incoming Chair of the House Judiciary Committee Rep Robert Goodlatte (R Va) stated he is not moving from his opposition of any new gun regulations.  

Goodlatte's chairmanship gives him jurisdiction over firearms regulations.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Does that mean he can block any legislation from being proposed?

[/QUOTE]

I imagine his committee has to approve any legislation concerning gun control before it can be brought to the whole House and opened for debate in the House. I hope my statement makes sense .

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Does that mean he can block any legislation from being proposed?

[/QUOTE]

I imagine his committee has to approve any legislation concerning gun control before it can be brought to the whole House and opened for debate in the House. I hope my statement makes sense .

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully there is enough people in favor of assault ban being re-instated on the committee.

[/QUOTE]

I hope so too !

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They are quiet because their lawyers are getting ready for the massive lawsuits

----------------------------

Ok, I'll play.

What could you POSSIBLY be talking about?  Elaborate, si vous plait.

[/QUOTE]

. . .

Thats what I thought

[/QUOTE]

There are still ways but not many thanks to your boy, dubya, to sue the NRA and the fire arms industry.

btw I was just pondering reasons why the NRA didn't say a word after the shooting and I thought the reason I gave was as good as any. Anyway Greg why do you think it took so long for the NRA to make a statement ?

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.