Now this is a new twist, and a new low, in the wingnuts incessant war on women.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Now this is a new twist, and a new low, in the wingnuts incessant war on women.

Does this also count for "legitimate rapes"...?  Get Todd Akin on the horn....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Now this is a new twist, and a new low, in the wingnuts incessant war on women.

dupe

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Wow.  Just wow....  Ignorance and intolerance at its highest level.  

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

The moonbats are on their morally superior "high horses" again ...they really want to  believe that some NM legislator wanted to punish a rape victim and put the victim in jail.Thereby  proving yet again  to themselves how superior they are, and how  conservatives wage a "war on women"...

"On Thursday, Brown issued a statement that she said clarifies the intent behind her bill. In it, she said she plans to submit a substitute draft soon. Her statement reads:

"It has been speculated that this legislation is intended to criminalize rape victims. This is a misinterpretation of the intent of the legislation.

'House Bill 206 was never intended to punish or criminalize rape victims,' said Rep. Brown. 'Its intent is solely to deter rape and cases of incest. The rapist—not the victim—would be charged with tampering of evidence. I am submitting a substitute draft to make the intent of the legislation abundantly clear..."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to NO MO O's comment:

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

Wow.  Just wow....  Ignorance and intolerance at its highest level.  

Respectfully.. that dubious honor goes to people who generalize all others by a few.

Know anyone like that ?

I didn't say all conservatives are idiots like this one.  I try to avoid the generalization trap.  I think you are projecting your worldview on me.  I bet you think this is a cool idea and only wished you had thought of it first.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

The moonbats are on their morally superior "high horses" again ...they really want to  believe that some NM legislator wanted to punish a rape victim and put the victim in jail.Thereby  proving yet again  to themselves how superior they are, and how  conservatives wage a "war on women"...

"On Thursday, Brown issued a statement that she said clarifies the intent behind her bill. In it, she said she plans to submit a substitute draft soon. Her statement reads:

"It has been speculated that this legislation is intended to criminalize rape victims. This is a misinterpretation of the intent of the legislation.

'House Bill 206 was never intended to punish or criminalize rape victims,' said Rep. Brown. 'Its intent is solely to deter rape and cases of incest. The rapist—not the victim—would be charged with tampering of evidence. I am submitting a substitute draft to make the intent of the legislation abundantly clear..."

Then she is just plain stupid.  You can't charge someone with tampering with evidence if they have no control of the evidence.  But I think she is covering her tracks and changing her tack from crazy stupid to just plain stupid.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes." Mark Twain.

And Twain said this before the liberal blogosphere existed....

The point is, the rape victim could not be charged with tampering with evidence. So all the hyperbole and posturing about intending to put a rape victim in jail  is worthless.. so the legislator explains what the bill is about..and the attack machine claims she is "backtracking"

This is a common scenario , where a draft bill is spun by the liberal attack machine as something it isnt...see "ultrasound bill, Virginia, 2012"

If a rape victim was coerced to have an abortion by the rapist, then the rapist could be charged with tampering with evidence. Cannot see how that violates Roe v Wade.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

"Republican lawmakers in New Mexico want to make rape victims felons"

"A Republican lawmaker in New Mexico introduced a bill on Wednesday"

Clearly you don't understand the concept of "plural."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes." Mark Twain.

And Twain said this before the liberal blogosphere existed....

The point is, the rape victim could not be charged with tampering with evidence. So all the hyperbole and posturing about intending to put a rape victim in jail  is worthless.. so the legislator explains what the bill is about..and the attack machine claims she is "backtracking"

This is a common scenario , where a draft bill is spun by the liberal attack machine as something it isnt...see "ultrasound bill, Virginia, 2012"

If a rape victim was coerced to have an abortion by the rapist, then the rapist could be charged with tampering with evidence. Cannot see how that violates Roe v Wade.

Seriously?  The rapist sticks around to coerce an abortion to cover his tracks... You think there is such a scenario as a likely possibility?  Likely enough so you need a new law about it?  And in any event, the guy would be looking at a rape charge which is far more serious that any tampering charge could be. Again, just a stupid idea all the way around. I hear coconuts clattering as conservatives run away from this one.  Except you apparently.  Bitter ender...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"Seriously? The rapist sticks around to coerce an abortion to cover his tracks... You think there is such a scenario as a likely possibility? Likely enough so you need a new law about it?"

No, dont think it is a likely possibility. Would be interested why this state lawmaker drafted this bill, was it based on a real instance...

The point is, as the lead attack dog angryman said "Ya can't make up shiite this stupid."

Yet the HuffPost liberal media machine did make it up, didnt they??

You wont hear any backtracking from HuffPost, however, just claims that the  lawmaker is 'backtracking' and 'covering her tracks" ...and the liberal attack machine moves on to the next target.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I hear coconuts clattering as conservatives run away from this one.  Except you apparently.  Bitter ender...

And yet you seemingly support the over-the top rhetoric the this is part the "wingnuts incessant war on women." If you're looking for bomb throwers Reubin, go look in a mirror.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

"War on Women"?  Maybe not.

"War on Abortion"?  Definitely.

And for the opponents, this war has only one conceivable outcome: criminalization of abortions in the U.S.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I'll buy the "War on Abortion" Matty if you'll willing to go with "War on Human Fetuses." Alternatively, if you go by legislation that Obama has supported in the past we could also go wtih "War on Living Babies That Have Just Survived an Abortion." That has a certain ring to it.

That is, of course, if you want to stick with this "War on" rhetoric.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

bump  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

I hear coconuts clattering as conservatives run away from this one.  Except you apparently.  Bitter ender...

And yet you seemingly support the over-the top rhetoric the this is part the "wingnuts incessant war on women." If you're looking for bomb throwers Reubin, go look in a mirror.

Monty Python references are over the top?  I thought it was cute.  Go look in the mirror yourself you take things way too seriously.  Bombs away!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

I'll buy the "War on Abortion" Matty if you'll willing to go with "War on Human Fetuses." Alternatively, if you go by legislation that Obama has supported in the past we could also go wtih "War on Living Babies That Have Just Survived an Abortion." That has a certain ring to it.

That is, of course, if you want to stick with this "War on" rhetoric.

Nasty boy.  Throwing bombs around.

Sections
Shortcuts