Now we know what it takes to be fired by this government

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Now we know what it takes to be fired by this government

Nevermind presiding over the biggest IT failure in government history (Ms. Sebelius, who doesn't work for us anyway,) the REAL failure point in the system is the worker who speaks to a conservative talk show host. Now, SHE has to go!

http://news.yahoo.com/obamacare-phone-operator-who-talked-to-sean-hannity-loses-her-job-010931794.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Now we know what it takes to be fired by this government

That's unlawful for a private employer but, this admin is obviously WAY above the law!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Was she fired by the government, or a private contactor?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

So let me ask you -- the intelligent, American citizen -- a question. Do you believe the President is fixing problems? Do you believe people are being held accountable?

Why did hundreds of guns go to Mexico? And why did Attorney General Holder not know about it? He didn't know about the ill-conceived under cover program? We don't know why he didn't know.

Who was responsible for the lax security in Libya? And what was discussed at the White House meeting the day before the American ambassador was murdered? We don't know.

Who in the White House was involved with the IRS unfairly scrutinizing conservatives? I don't know.

And who exactly in the Obama administration failed to properly supervise the rollout of Obamacare? Again, I don't know.

Now, maybe I'm dim, unable to see how federal people who make mistakes are being held accountable. Maybe I simply do not understand what getting to the bottom of things really is or maybe I understand too well. That the White House will not own up to the Obamacare chaos or anything else.

It is clear President Obama well understands that he can say a whole bunch of stuff but doesn't really have to act on any of it while caring people like me, for example, burn when things go wrong Mr. Obama is much more passive about incompetence. He seems unwilling to demand standards of performance.

As -- and you know why he gets away with it? Do you know why he gets away with it? Because many Americans, perhaps most, really don't care how their country is being run. The only time they do pay attention is when they are directly affected. So American guns flown into Mexico it doesn't really affect them. Neither does the assassination of four Americans in Libya. Neither do illegal actions by the IRS.

But on Obamacare, the story might be different because millions of Americans are having their health insurance cancelled and millions of us will have to pay a lot more in order to protect our health.

Once that dawns on the folks maybe, maybe, Mr. Obama will begin to take some problem solving action. Because, without public pressure, no one is going to be held accountable and nothing is going to be revealed. The Obama administration simply floats above it all. And a generally hapless media does not demand answers.

And when on the rare occasion it does, the press is accused of being unfair, ideological or just plain dumb. There comes a point in history when people get what they deserve. President Obama was elected twice even though most problems besetting the country, including the soft economy, have not improved.

The President was not elected on performance. He was elected on personality and apathy. Low information voters don't -- who don't know anything and really couldn't care less about their country broke heavily for the President. Why? Because they like him -- he's a likable guy. And ironically, those voters are now being held accountable as Obamacare descends into chaos.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Fast and Furious derangement, Benghazi derangement, and Obamacare derangement is not a good strategy.

My suggestion to the GOP is to start coming up with ideas that help the average American, and find some likeable candidates.  Its your only hope to prevent the bloodbath coming your way in 2014, and 2016.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:

Fast and Furious derangement, Benghazi derangement, and Obamacare derangement is not a good strategy.

My suggestion to the GOP is to start coming up with ideas that help the average American, and find some likeable candidates.  Its your only hope to prevent the bloodbath coming your way in 2014, and 2016.

Nice dodge...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

In response to newman09's comment:

Nice dodge...

Its not a dodge.  People are fed up with this nonsense.  Congressional republicans have a favorability rating lower than lice.

At some point you need to move on from the strategy of making a one-term presdent out a president in his second term.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Nice dodge...

Its not a dodge.  People are fed up with this nonsense.  Congressional republicans have a favorability rating lower than lice.

At some point you need to move on from the strategy of making a one-term presdent out a president in his second term.

I'm sorry, I think you might be thinking about another thread and replyed here by mistake. My comments were on how this administratioin holds nobody accountable. And your reply was about congressional republicans. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Republicans talking about taking responsibility again.

Time to clean out my gutters...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

In response to BilltheKat's comment:

Not just republicans looking for responsibility and accountability, but America is. Not sure why you're not?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to BilltheKat's comment:

Not just republicans looking for responsibility and accountability, but America is. Not sure why you're not?

Because they are Obama lapdogs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

The woman who was fired worked for a private company, and apparently they have a clause in their employee contract, as most private companies do, that prohibits workers from discussing matters related to the company unless cleared by their internal PR or communications group.  Any one of you who made comments to the media about your company without first clearing with the company would be fired as well.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I'm wondering had she been, shall we say, "less than honest" would she still be employed?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

That's unlawful for a private employer

Do you have any support for your statement?

You can be fired for any non-discriminatory reason, unless perhaps you have negotiated a contract yourself or your union has.

This looks seriously s___y, but I don't see how it's illegal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

The woman who was fired worked for a private company, and apparently they have a clause in their employee contract, as most private companies do, that prohibits workers from discussing matters related to the company unless cleared by their internal PR or communications group.  Any one of you who made comments to the media about your company without first clearing with the company would be fired as well.  

Where I'm getting stuck is that what she said sounds like information that she should be telling any member of the public who calls because they can't log in...

The comments that got Davis fired were arguably entirely benign. During the Monday phone conversation, she told the conservative commentator, “Thanks for your interest in the health insurance marketplace. We are having a lot of visitors trying to use our website right now. This is causing some glitches for some people trying to create an account or log in. Keep trying and thanks for your patience. You might have better success during off-peak hours like later at night or early in the morning. We’ll continue working to improve the site so you can get covered.”

The kind of thing I'd expect someone to get fired for is, for example, discussing a drug company's strategy without permission, or raising concerns about cleanliness in your employer's restaurant...  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:

You can be fired for any non-discriminatory reason, unless perhaps you have negotiated a contract yourself or your union has.

I don't see how it's s____y. 

I suspect she was canned for badmouthing her employer's customer, not her employer.  That puts the whole company in jeopardy.

Anyway....I'm sure Hannity will get a nice replacement job......maybe Goldline or a prepper supply company.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

I suspect she was canned for badmouthing her employer's customer, not her employer.  That puts the whole company in jeopardy.

Am I missing something though? It sounds like all she said was that the website is having problems, so try it during off-hours. Isn't that what she's supposed to say?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

Where I'm getting stuck is that what she said sounds like information that she should be telling any member of the public who calls because they can't log in...

The comments that got Davis fired were arguably entirely benign. During the Monday phone conversation, she told the conservative commentator, “Thanks for your interest in the health insurance marketplace. We are having a lot of visitors trying to use our website right now. This is causing some glitches for some people trying to create an account or log in. Keep trying and thanks for your patience. You might have better success during off-peak hours like later at night or early in the morning. We’ll continue working to improve the site so you can get covered.”

The kind of thing I'd expect someone to get fired for is, for example, discussing a drug company's strategy without permission, or raising concerns about cleanliness in your employer's restaurant...  

Nothing she said was proprietary or confidential and certainly nothing that others who have called have been told.  She was fired because she was told she was on the radio and still continued the call.  I think the company overracted, but they are likely concerned that other radio hosts or whomever may try the same thing.  But call centers have so much turnover typically they don't think twice for letting people go.   I have a friend who worked for a call center via a temp agency and she was out of work for a few days following a car accident, she had a doctors note, and was clearly messed up so it was clear that she wasn't playing hooky.  Apparently the call center marked her as "Absent" for the days she was out and when she returned she was informed that she had been let go for "attendence reasons".  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

What company did she work for?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

What company did she work for?

Don't know.  There are 17 call centers so there could be multiple companies acting as contractors.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Apparently she worked for the one in Panama City, Florida.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Its not a dodge.  People are fed up with this nonsense. 

Which "people" do you speak for?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

I dont know much about it but, the person could be considered a whistle blower if, it can be shown they were fired for discussing what the employer (US govt) considered information that would harm others or the employer that they wanted kept quiet.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Wow..first..let me just comment on how Hannity has reached a new low. Congratulations Hannity..you set up a woman who probably isn't making all that much money..who probably is answering hundreds of calls a day..and now she's fired.

Not that she shouldn't be under the circumstances. If what ConcernedCitizen posted is true..and Hannity informed her she was "on the air"...then that should have been the end of the conversation right there.

I am not sure why anyone is so upset by this. "The Government" didn't employ her..the private company who got the government contract employed her. I feel bad that she lost her job and this should put to an end any false illusion that Hannity in a reputable journalist. What a clown.

Sections
Shortcuts