NRA=GOP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: NRA=GOP

Angry:  I've noticed a significant uptick in your anger as expressed through the written word through all posts . It is not healthy for you, nor conducive to discussion/debate.  Why don't you take a time out?

It's funny that you should mention that. Anecdotally, I've noticed an sharp uptick in the anger level amongst liberals in general on my twitter feed. Assuming it's true, I wonder if it's in reaction to the events at Sandy Hook or if there's something else going on. Curious.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Angry:  I've noticed a significant uptick in your anger as expressed through the written word through all posts . It is not healthy for you, nor conducive to discussion/debate.  Why don't you take a time out?

It's funny that you should mention that. Anecdotally, I've noticed an sharp uptick in the anger level amongst liberals in general on my twitter feed. Assuming it's true, I wonder if it's in reaction to the events at Sandy Hook or if there's something else going on. Curious.

[/QUOTE]

People should be angry. They should be very angry. Angry and disgusted. If your not angry then your not clued in.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to FaolanofEssex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

People should be angry. They should be very angry. Angry and disgusted. If your not angry then your not clued in.

[/QUOTE]

Angry's anger is not a righteous anger.  It is a sick anger.  He needs a time out.

Liberals in general are angry and violent, particularly when confronted with the failures of their policies and thought process.  Sorry, but that it the truth.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

Disclosure: I own guns, but I refuse to join the NRA.

Of course you do. The left always thinks that everyone else needs to be controlled and that they're the only ones qualified to do the controlling.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't say that.  You did.

But if we can't control the guns due to our 2nd Amt., then we must control the circumstances which may allow something like this to occur.

As for myself, I have no criminal record or history of mental illness (though some on the right would point to my perceived liberalism as such).  My guns are licensed and registered with my local police dept.

So, what's your point?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Liberals in general are angry and violent, particularly when confronted with the failures of their policies and thought process. 

[/QUOTE]

Anger and violence is often the only language conservatives understand or respond to, i.e. bogus "peace through strength" and "perceived weakness" rhetoric.  They seem to share this trait with certain other fundamentalists.

You are guilty yourself of stereotyping libs as weak-kneed or passive to a fault.  The derogative failure is yours.

Speaking only for myself, I grew up in a violent place and learned to defend myself and family accordingly.  Nearly as many dems own guns as repubs.  Nearly as many.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Liberals in general are angry and violent, particularly when confronted with the failures of their policies and thought process. 

[/QUOTE]

Anger and violence is often the only language conservatives understand or respond to, i.e. bogus "peace through strength" and "perceived weakness" rhetoric.  They seem to share this trait with certain other fundamentalists.

You are guilty yourself of stereotyping libs as weak-kneed or passive to a fault.  The derogative failure is yours.

Speaking only for myself, I grew up in a violent place and learned to defend myself and family accordingly.  Nearly as many dems own guns as repubs.  Nearly as many.

[/QUOTE]

You are guilty of the same stereotyping, and you don't even see it.

I don't see "peace through strength" as violent.  How is that violent.  It is deterrence.

I think you fail to see the real-world implications of putting all your trust in government for your protection.  It is a recipe for failure.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't see "peace through strength" as violent.  How is that violent.  It is deterrence.

I think you fail to see the real-world implications of putting all your trust in government for your protection.  It is a recipe for failure.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I never said I was innocent.  Sorry to foil yet another one of your baseless assumptions.

"Peace though strength" is macho posturing...nothing more...and inane, at that.

You're wrong again.  Didn't I just tell you that I've taken on my family's protection as a personal responsibility as a gun owner...?  Which part of that don't you understand...??

Here's a recipe: think before you write.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Didn't I just tell you that I've taken on my family's protection as a personal responsibility as a gun owner...?

Everyone should be so responsible. Sadly, guns have been (and are being) demonized to the point that most people have an unreasoned fear of them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

Didn't I just tell you that I've taken on my family's protection as a personal responsibility as a gun owner...?

Everyone should be so responsible. Sadly, guns have been (and are being) demonized to the point that most people have an unreasoned fear of them.

[/QUOTE]

Guns are inanimate objects and as such, cannot be "demonized".  As expressed here and elsewhere, only people can be demonic.

Fear of guns can be entirely rational depending on one's pathology.  Not to be too glib, but guns are tools, not solutions.

I agree, though, that "fear" is at the root of some of these problems.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

The nutty absolute test that NARAL holds over Liberals is just like the what NRA holds over the conservatives.

There are rational discussions and limits they both should accept.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The nutty absolute test that NARAL holds over Liberals is just like the what NRA holds over the conservatives.

There are rational discussions and limits they both should accept.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but NARAL doesn't have even half the political sway the NRA does.  It's not even close.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I never said I was innocent.  Sorry to foil yet another one of your baseless assumptions.

You're wrong again.  Didn't I just tell you that I've taken on my family's protection as a personal responsibility as a gun owner...?  Which part of that don't you understand...??

[/QUOTE]

think before I wrote? Such anger, so little understanding, and you are making my point about the anger that is key to a leftist ideology.  You lack the capacity to listen and digest what you are being told.

The typical liberal response is that guns are bad, need to be completely regulated out of society.

Good for you that you protect your family with legal fire arms.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

think before I wrote? Such anger, so little understanding, and you are making my point about the anger that is key to a leftist ideology.  You lack the capacity to listen and digest what you are being told.

The typical liberal response is that guns are bad, need to be completely regulated out of society.

Good for you that you protect your family with legal fire arms.

[/QUOTE]

There's no anger here, just annoyance at your usual obtuseness, a smidge of pity for your small mind and a healthy dose of cynicism, which can be the pepper in a good debate.

By your definition, I would not be a "typical liberal" then?  Lucky me, I guess.  :P

No offense, but you consistently misread and underestimate exactly what my "capacities" are.  I'm fairly confident that I can argue rings around you on most days ending in "y".

But back on topic:

So, what if I defended my family with illegal firearms?  Does that fall within the purview of govt, to you...?

Sections
Shortcuts