Obama admin threatened Lanny Davis as well

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Obama admin threatened Lanny Davis as well

WASHINGTON -- Bob Woodward isn't the only person who's received threats for airing the Obama administration's dirty laundry.  It seems anyone is a potential target of the White House these days - even former senior members of the Clinton administration. 

A day after Woodward's claim that a senior White House official had told him he would "regret" writing a column criticizing President Obama's stance on the sequester, Lanny Davis, a longtime close advisor to President Bill Clinton, told WMAL's Mornings on the Mall Thursday he had received similar threats for newspaper columns he had written about Obama in the Washington Times.

Davis told WMAL that his editor, John Solomon, "received a phone call from a senior Obama White House official who didn't like some of my columns, even though I'm a supporter of Obama. I couldn't imagine why this call was made."  Davis says the Obama aide told Solomon, "that if he continued to run my columns, he would lose, or his reporters would lose their White House credentials."

Is the Obama administration running out of control?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Re: Obama admin threatened Lanny Davis as well

lanny davis seems like he is one of the nicest guys on the planet, he's honest and calls it the way he see it......of course Obama's people would threaten him....is it too late to change my last vote and make it for Obama???  I'm a believer now....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

First Woodward wasn't threatened.  There is a difference between sensational headlines and facts, the emails have been released in full and it is clear there was no threat, so lets just get that out of the way. 

Second, to Lanny's comments why are we hearing about this now if indeed this happened at some point in the past?  There is no record of it since he noted it was a call, so I am taking Davis with a grain of salt here.  Not too long ago the media was complaining about lack of access, now we are to beleive that in the limited interactions they do have that the admin is just out there leveling threats on reporters and connected pundits?  Come on.  Davis is a hack but this is pretty grimy even for him. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

First Woodward wasn't threatened.  There is a difference between sensational headlines and facts, the emails have been released in full and it is clear there was no threat, so lets just get that out of the way. 

Second, to Lanny's comments why are we hearing about this now if indeed this happened at some point in the past?  There is no record of it since he noted it was a call, so I am taking Davis with a grain of salt here.  Not too long ago the media was complaining about lack of access, now we are to beleive that in the limited interactions they do have that the admin is just out there leveling threats on reporters and connected pundits?  Come on.  Davis is a hack but this is pretty grimy even for him. 

Just like you took Lanny with a grain of salt during the Clinton impeachement hearings.  

<eyeroll>

"you will regret doing this" is not a threat?

How about the high up person stating ""I apologize for raising my voice in our conversation today. ..."

Sounds a bit threatening to me.

When I was a lad, working for a famous demcrat politician, I was chastised for muttering the words "that's too bad", to a large contributor.  It was deemed to be threatening language.  I had meant it as I was sorry.

Now, yelling, screaming, telling some one that "they will regret this"  is just passionate conversation.  Give me a break.

I used to think you were, though liberal, a fairly straight shooter.  Now, with your back against the wall on sequestration, your standards are slipping.  Woodward was threatened by the use of the term in poitical circles.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Ron Fournier: Yeah, I Got the Abusive Treatment From the WH
    "As editor-in-chief of National Journal, I received several e-mails and telephone calls from this White House official filled with vulgarity, abusive language, and virtually the same phrase that Woodward called a veiled threat. “You will regret staking out that claim,” The Washington Post reporter was told. Once I moved back to daily reporting this year, the badgering intensified. I wrote Saturday night, asking the official to stop e-mailing me..."

Sections
Shortcuts