Obama again blames Rush Limbaugh for his own failure

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Obama again blames Rush Limbaugh for his own failure

Pathetic that the President of the US blames a private citizen, a radio talk show host,  for his own abject failures.

Obama sat down for an 'interview' on his poodle network CNN, talking to faux journalist Chris Cuomo, the liberal brother of the liberal Democratic Governor of New York. Cuomo was already sitting, so he didnt have to bow like Brian Williams....

“How much of the lack of action in Washington do you put on yourself in terms of blame?” Cuomo asked.

“Ultimately the buck stops with me,” Obama replied. [then he contradicts himself as usual  and blames other]  “I get frustrated, and I’ve said before and I continue to say I’m willing to do whatever it takes to get Congress — and Republicans in Congress in particular — to think less about politics and party and think more about what’s good for the country.”[then he plays politics and tries to divide the other Party with personal attacks on a private citizen] [Obama has done nothing to bridge the gap with Republicans, other than attack attack attack]

He said that the notion that Republicans would shut down the government over the ACA is not good for the nation. [yet in fact it would be Obama that would make the choice to shut down the Government, to save ObamaCare] 

He said the GOP sees this as “their last gasp.”

I’ve made this argument to my Republican friends privately, and, by the way, sometimes they say to me privately, ‘I agree with you, but I’m worried about a primary from, you know, somebody in the tea party back in my district’ or, ‘I’m worried about what Rush Limbaugh is going to say about me on radio.’”

Did they really say that to you, Mr President? Really? What a pantload of divisive politicized idiotic spin.

So...the buck stops with you...except it is all Rush Limbaugh's fault!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Obama again blames Rush Limbaugh for his own failure

GOPers playing victim yet again, as if they take their responsibility to govern even remotely serious.

They insist it takes only one to tango...and then act surprised when they have no date to the big dance.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Traditional Republicans are disgusted by what their party has become.  

And tea partiers and right-wing extremists are disgusted by traditional Republicans.

It's all got to blow up at some point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to bigdog2's comment:

I watched this interview this morning.  The incompetent has been president for 5 years and he still doesn`t get it.  HE IS THE PRESIDENT!  He has a cabinet, he has czars, he has a majority in the Senate, and he has to deal with a tiny Republican majority in the House only.  He has no idea how to compromise or even suggest compromise.  An arrogant fool.

The "point" is........he did blame Rush, by name, more than once.  He played the victim card throughout the entire interview.  It`s all the wascully wepublicans, the teaaaa-paarrty, and Rush`s fault. Guy will go down in history as the worst president by far.

Pathetic.

De-funding laws passed by a previous session; fillibustering the paying of bills; blocking their own amendments, fillibustering their own motions.

You're trying to compare him by historical measures, but we've never had a congress behave like this.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

The President is playing the victim, blaming others for 5 years now and refusing to take any responsibility, other than saying "the buck stops here". Except it doesnt, since Obama acts as a bystander in Washington, speaking not as a leader but as a political operative spinning divisive rhetoric to win elections.

The following statement is what one might call a "lie":

"sometimes they say to me privately,.... ‘I’m worried about what Rush Limbaugh is going to say about me on radio.'

Who in their right mind would believe that a Republican would say such a thing, especially to President Obama?

A real journalist might have asked the President, who said that , and when?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I watched this interview this morning.  The incompetent has been president for 5 years and he still doesn`t get it.  HE IS THE PRESIDENT!  He has a cabinet, he has czars, he has a majority in the Senate, and he has to deal with a tiny Republican majority in the House only.  He has no idea how to compromise or even suggest compromise.  An arrogant fool.

The "point" is........he did blame Rush, by name, more than once.  He played the victim card throughout the entire interview.  It`s all the wascully wepublicans, the teaaaa-paarrty, and Rush`s fault. Guy will go down in history as the worst president by far.

Pathetic.

So, the repubs in the house have nothing on their plate?  At all..!?

Where is the evidence of their attempts at "compromise", much less governance...?  

Oh, right...they're supposedly fighting the good fight to prevent the master criminal overlord commie kenyan Obama from turning the nation into quivering jelly...of course.

And it may not be the fault of rush or the tee partee buffoons, but they're not much help, either....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

[QUOTE]

Pathetic.

De-funding laws passed by a previous session; fillibustering the paying of bills; blocking their own amendments, fillibustering their own motions.

You're trying to compare him by historical measures, but we've never had a congress behave like this.  

You keep saying that.  The truth is, we`ve never had an ideological idiot on the wrong side of everything as a president before either.  Obamacare is the perfect example.  When it was rammed through close to 70% of Americans were against it.  Now, it`s still 56% against.

You`re assuming that the incompetent`s "leadership" is what`s needed and the wascully wepublicans are blocking it out of spite.  It isn`t.......and they`re not.  He`s wrong on every issue.  Thank heaven we have a 2-party system so this dope can be stopped. 

[/QUOTE]

Your hyperbolic assertions don't match reality, not even a little bit.   It's pure ideology and derision and proof that brick walls don't bend.

In the end, all you've got are loud noises and insults amounting to nothing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]

Pathetic.

You keep saying that.  The truth is, we`ve never had an ideological idiot on the wrong side of everything as a president before either.  Obamacare is the perfect example.  When it was rammed through close to 70% of Americans were against it.  Now, it`s still 56% against.

You`re assuming that the incompetent`s "leadership" is what`s needed and the wascully wepublicans are blocking it out of spite.  It isn`t.......and they`re not.  He`s wrong on every issue.  Thank heaven we have a 2-party system so this dope can be stopped. 

[/QUOTE]

Public opinion is the reason Republicans are the minority party.  You can't cite public support as a reason to block the will of the elected majority.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

“I get frustrated, and I’ve said before and I continue to say I’m willing to do whatever it takes to get Congress — and Republicans in Congress in particular — to think less about politics and party and think more about what’s good for the country.”

So, when the President of the United States comes to the realization that the loyal opposition isn't "the enemy" and is genuinely interested in "what's good for the country" to, at least, the same degree that he is, we will have a President that is truly "presidential" and not what it is that he sounds like now.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

[QUOTE]

Pathetic.

Your hyperbolic assertions don't match reality, not even a little bit.   It's pure ideology and derision and proof that brick walls don't bend.

In the end, all you've got are loud noises and insults amounting to nothing.

They "don`t match" in your little fanatsy world, maybe.  You`re forgetting that half the country (more now) is  with me and "matches" EXACTLY.  Obama is doing a horrible job. If you don`t see that or know it by now then who really is the "brick wall that won`t bend'?

Oh......wait, I know..........you`re just like the incompetent in his interview......it`s EVERYBODY else`s fault!  I get it. Sigh.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but the other half is decidedly NOT with you, no matter how pitiful your protestations (and prostrations).

These people are a plurality and know for a fact that the gop is gunning for POTUS at every turn and not giving an inch.  They blame republicans in congress MORE for not compromising than they do the president.

And I didn't say it was "everybody else's fault"...only that there's plenty of 'fault' to go around.  So, clearly, you don't "get it"...yet.

If you keep using meaningless words like "horrible" without any cogent analysis or justification, you're just going to look more foolish than you do now (which is a lot).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]

Pathetic.

Public opinion is the reason Republicans are the minority party.  You can't cite public support as a reason to block the will of the elected majority.

Country is split.  You know that. Obama was the 1st to win re-election with less votes and by a smaller percentage.  Now, with the events (phony scandals) that have happened in the last 10 months, I`d bet you a donut it`s swaying the other way. And......we will see that next November.

[/QUOTE]

It's not swaying the other way; the demographics were loud and clear - it was an Obama landslide for voters under age 65.  It was an Obama landslide for non-whites.  The voter landscape is swaying away from the Republican party.

I'm not sure if it's going to win the Dems any seats in the mid-terms, when turnout is lower, but you will see it again in 2016.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Rush Limbaugh is an entertainer and holds no office.  If Obama had ANY leadership skills he wouldn't be blaming others.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to macnh1's comment:

Rush Limbaugh is an entertainer and holds no office.  If Obama had ANY leadership skills he wouldn't be blaming others.

And yet he holds sway with a large portion of the gop base.

Right.  And cheney and co. didn't likewise blame the clintonians who came before them?  Really??!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Right.  And cheney and co. didn't likewise blame the clintonians who came before them?  Really??!

You compared Obama/Limbaugh to Cheney/Clinton???....Clinton was a President.  Clinton mattered, Limbaugh doesn't matter.  Apples and Oranges.  If you gave an example of Bush openly whining about Bill Maher while he was in office then you'd have a point. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

matty,

obama is the president of the US...why should he care about limbaugh??  if he is good at what he does, effective, and presenting positive effective ideas and leadership limbaugh goes away fast....obama is a disaster...but thats fine, its what we asked for...does he know that it elevates and legitimizes Limbaugh by talking about him??? why would he do that??  why isnt he chilling with boehner and trying to influence him?? though horrendous, boehner matters....

still wishing you a great weekend....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

You compared Obama/Limbaugh to Cheney/Clinton???....Clinton was a President.  Clinton mattered, Limbaugh doesn't matter.  Apples and Oranges.  If you gave an example of Bush openly whining about Bill Maher while he was in office then you'd have a point. 

[/QUOTE]

You're talking about "leadership" and "blaming others".  I brought up leaders who blamed others (because that's what politicians do).

Although Reagan Bush & Co. did complain, at length (still do), about and to the so-called liberal media.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

they are all babies.....not sure about you but if i dont hit my goals or make as much money as i want....i blame myself.  it's nauseating listening to politicians whine about everybody else for their own failures....

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

matty,

obama is the president of the US...why should he care about limbaugh??  if he is good at what he does, effective, and presenting positive effective ideas and leadership limbaugh goes away fast....obama is a disaster...but thats fine, its what we asked for...does he know that it elevates and legitimizes Limbaugh by talking about him??? why would he do that??  why isnt he chilling with boehner and trying to influence him?? though horrendous, boehner matters....

still wishing you a great weekend....

You're missing the point.

In a two party system, both the majority and minority have a role and compromise is the coin of the political realm.

If either of those parties is unduly influenced to abdicate their responsibilities and eschew compromise then the entire system fails.

The demands placed on the gopers is exactly that, no compromise, under no conditions, no matter the effects on the country as a whole.

If the minority party is unwilling to compromise yet still comprises one-half of Congress and the political power vested to that house, then the result is gridlock and a country in stagnation, both politically and economically.

If there is no one to negotiate with then PotUS and the senate hands are tied and gridlock rules.

the best way to change someones mind is to talk to them and gain their respect....Reagan's best friend.....Tip O'Neill.......it worked....and they disagreed a lot. but they got things done...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

swaying the minds of those opposed to you and finding middle ground is a sign of leadership

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.