Obama announces steps to speed US oil production......its about time.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sshore123. Show sshore123's posts

Re: Obama announces steps to speed US oil production......its about time.

He's showing that he's pragamtic as opposed to an idealogue which is what he needs to be if he wants to secure a 2nd term, which barring a castrophe he should win.  Compare where he is now with where Clinton was at the same point in his 1st term...making the slide to the middle.  It's gradual, not flashy, but a minor decision here and there and now he's more center/left than left leaning in the general public's eyes.  He's listened to the whisperings from his Sec of State, she's lived it before and an invaluable asset to him.  Regardless of what either flank thinks, the overwhleming majority of the country sits between a 4 to 6/6.5 on a liberal to conservative scale.  We'll elect someone from the fringe, but they can't hope to govern there too long.  I'm hoping the last couple of months is showing that he's more interested in governing than winning and idealogical spitting contest.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Obama announces steps to speed US oil production......its about time.:
    [QUOTE]He's showing that he's pragamtic as opposed to an idealogue which is what he needs to be if he wants to secure a 2nd term, which barring a castrophe he should win.  Compare where he is now with where Clinton was at the same point in his 1st term...making the slide to the middle.  It's gradual, not flashy, but a minor decision here and there and now he's more center/left than left leaning in the general public's eyes.  He's listened to the whisperings from his Sec of State, she's lived it before and an invaluable asset to him.  Regardless of what either flank thinks, the overwhleming majority of the country sits between a 4 to 6/6.5 on a liberal to conservative scale.  We'll elect someone from the fringe, but they can't hope to govern there too long.  I'm hoping the last couple of months is showing that he's more interested in governing than winning and idealogical spitting contest.
    Posted by sshore123[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.

However, I submit that he's been this way all along.  The HCR law consists mainly of 90s-era conservative ideas for health care and nothing too far from the center.  Pick most any broad-ranging issue: environment, big finance, energy, foreign policy, military policy...even his SJC nominees were middle-of-the-road by judicial terms.  Except for maybe education - which is more of a fiscal issue anyway (how much and where to allocate)...but we might see support for vouchers any day now.

It's fine to have differences in ideology, but the best solution is usually a combination of both.  Principles are only as good as the logic underpinning them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In Response to Re: Obama announces steps to speed US oil production......its about time.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: And it's hilarious that you would try and call me Sybil in a rant filled post about how consistent I am in defending this administartion. Too Freakin Funny!!!!
    Posted by 12-Angry-Men[/QUOTE]

Go back and read my post, I didn't call you Sybil, I said you rant and rave and call people a number of things including Sybil all the time.

I still stand by my statement that the President doesn't have a cogent integrated energy policy.  He has discrete elements that he rolls out in reaction to events and poll numbers but no real plan or policy.  Its all been hit or miss.