Obama Apologizing to Japan for dropping bomb?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Obama Apologizing to Japan for dropping bomb?

...And Japan told him not to do it.

What is wrong with this guy, Obama?  Is he off his rocker?  If Obama wants to apologize to anyone, how about apologizing to the American people for killing off our economy?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Re: Obama Apologizing to Japan for dropping bomb?

Yes that was an embarrassing cable back in 2009 that was just released wikileaks.  
    What's interesting is that this was the time when Obama was making his American apologist world tour and the right wing scuttlebutt was that the next thing Obama would do is apologize for Hiroshima, but no one really believed it.

Well he tried and Japan wouldn't let him.  I am tired of having an apologist leader. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Well he tried and Japan wouldn't let him.  I am tired of having an apologist leader. 

How embarrassing to get an apology rejection. What a buffoon.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

What a fool.  The Japanese look back on WWII as a time of honorable warriors fighting a dishonorable war. They are smart enough to know the A-bombs saved many more Japanese lives than they took. The only one not smart enough to understand that is Obama.  Kudos to Wikileaks.
    ------------
    "We are now prepared to obliterate more rapidly and completely every productive enterprise the Japanese have above ground in any city. We shall destroy their docks, their factories, and their communications. Let there be no mistake; we shall completely destroy Japan's power to make war"

"It was to spare the Japanese people from utter destruction that the ultimatum of July 26 was issued at Potsdam.* Their leaders promptly rejected that ultimatum. If they do not now accept our terms they may expect a rain of ruin from the air, the like of which has never been seen on this earth. Behind this air attack will follow sea and land forces in such numbers and power as they have not yet seen and with the fighting skill of which they are already well aware."

-Truman

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

The apology for killing off the economy should come from Bush.  Bush is the one who left office while 800,000 people per month were losing jobs.

I missed the apology to the Japanese.  Do you hear other voices as well?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

I missed the apology to the Japanese.  Do you hear other voices as well?

Well since YOU missed it then it MUST not have happened. No story here folks....jackbu says so.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: Obama Apologizing to Japan for dropping bomb?:
    The apology for killing off the economy should come from Bush.  Bush is the one who left office while 800,000 people per month were losing jobs. I missed the apology to the Japanese.  Do you hear other voices as well?
    Posted by jackbu

Sure, Bush is a key driver in the bad economy.  But, why should that stop Obama from apologizing?  His apology tour had nothing to do with substance, he was apologizing for everything done by any American anywhere. 

So, shouldn't he apologize to the American people for the economy?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Too bad Obama did not inherit a balanced budget like bush43 did. Invading Iraq did a lot of good too. All the liberal nation builders loved that move.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Thanks airborne. He has been stalking me for years. I keep him and his gf Emerson on the ignore list here. I only see their comments when copied. Btw he likes to use multiple names when blogging.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Okay..are we really talking about the fictitious Obama apology ? This is too funny..come on Skeeter...you are seriously better than this.
    The facts....this stemmed from the wikileaks scandal. There were some memos speculating whether or not Obama would/should apologize for the US dropping the bomb on Japan. These memos were not generated by any government source..but rather by some anti-nuclear group. Obama had nothing to do with these memos nor did the US government.
    In typical wingnut fashion...the right wing media ( notice I say media and not news sources) are fanning the flames and passing around this fictitious story..hoping that the poor fools who read these sites actually believe the story and then further disseminate it.
    Like I said..you are better than this Skeeter...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In Response to Re: Obama Apologizing to Japan for dropping bomb? : Hey jackbu and mscrickets, ya'll have a stalker...congrats. And remember your responsibilities, feed and water it daily and don't take it for granted.
    Posted by airborne-rgr

lol..airborne..gee thanks. We've been trying to rid ourselves of this particular stalker for over a year now..but he(she) is relentless in his(her) pursuit of Jack...we could seriously tell you stories about all the id's this person has made in their quest for our attention. Of course he(she) and his(her) buddy Emersoncat are on ignore..which is a great feature of this site. I guess it's not going to stop them from following us around..but at least it minimizes the nonsense we have to tolerate.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Skeeter, were you a birther too?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

There was no Obama apology planned, only speculation from Anti Nuclear groups, and the Japanese minister made his comments towards that speculation NOT the White House. 

Another day and another right wing echo chamber smear. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Too bad Obama did not inherit a balanced budget like bush43 did. Invading Iraq did a lot of good too. All the liberal nation builders loved that move.
    Posted by jackbu

Yah!  Obama showed him!  Spending  four or five trillion beyond our means.  That'll show Bush!

When, WHEN, will you accept that Obama has made things worse?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Skeeter, were you a birther too?
    Posted by jackbu

No.  But I certainly loved stirring you guys up over it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Okay..are we really talking about the fictitious Obama apology ? This is too funny..come on Skeeter...you are seriously better than this. The facts....this stemmed from the wikileaks scandal. There were some memos speculating whether or not Obama would/should apologize for the US dropping the bomb on Japan. These memos were not generated by any government source..but rather by some anti-nuclear group. Obama had nothing to do with these memos nor did the US government. In typical wingnut fashion...the right wing media ( notice I say media and not news sources) are fanning the flames and passing around this fictitious story..hoping that the poor fools who read these sites actually believe the story and then further disseminate it. Like I said..you are better than this Skeeter...
    Posted by miscricket

Okay.. It wasn't fictitious, Obama wanted to do it.  It goes to character.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

If I have learned anything from the liberals on this board and the Wall St. Occupiers, it is more important that you believe something to be true than it actually be true.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In Response to Re: Obama Apologizing to Japan for dropping bomb? : Okay.. It wasn't fictitious, Obama wanted to do it.  It goes to character.
    Posted by skeeter20

No he didn't and you have no proof to show he did.  Lets not go from being misinformed by a questionalble news source to outright lying because you really really want to believe what you are being sold. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Do you have proof that Obama didn't want to do it?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: Obama Apologizing to Japan for dropping bomb? : No he didn't and you have no proof to show he did.  Lets not go from being misinformed by a questionalble news source to outright lying because you really really want to believe what you are being sold. 
    Posted by DamainAllen

So, you want me to beleive that Japan just kinda reponded that they didn't want an apology to a non-existent request?  The Japanese just don't do that kind of thing:

The cable, dated Sept. 3, 2009, and sent to U.S. State Secretary Hillary Clinton, reported Japan’s then Vice Foreign Minister Mitoji Yabunaka telling Ambassador John Roos on Aug. 28 that antinuclear groups would speculate over whether the president would visit Hiroshima in light of his Prague speech on nuclear nonproliferation.

“He underscored, however, that both governments must temper the public’s expectations on such issues, as the idea of President Obama visiting Hiroshima to apologize for the atomic bombing during World War II is a ‘non-starter’,” said the cable.

It also quoted Yabunaka as saying, “While a simple visit to Hiroshima without fanfare is sufficiently symbolic to convey the right message, it is premature to include such program in the November visit.”“Yabunaka recommended that the visit in November center mostly in Tokyo,” it said.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: Obama Apologizing to Japan for dropping bomb? : Hey, ya lying piece of horse-hockey, good to see that your stubborn ignorance is your most persistent trait. I guess when you're nothing more than a monkey who can type, ya gotta have something, right squeeter? So squeeter, what are you going to do when Romney gets the wingnut nod? You're going to kiss his buttocks, aren't you? C'mon, you have no pride or character. You'll be right up there planting a big wet one on his backside. The best part is, when you'll run around telling everyone that he wasn't a real conservative, blah, blah, blah. But guess what spanky, poltroons like you don't have the guts to actually vote your values, because you have none. You'll fall right in line, nose-to-buttocks and do whatever people tell you to do. It's your nature squeeter and ya can't change nature. 
    Posted by airborne-rgr

I love it whe n you call me a liar.  I get all sort of goose-pimply, knowing that I hit deep into the core of your ideology.

See my respnse to Damien, who, unlike you, can argue effectively.

Sections
Shortcuts