Obama Apologizing to Japan for dropping bomb?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Re: Obama Apologizing to Japan for dropping bomb?

In Response to Re: Obama Apologizing to Japan for dropping bomb?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Obama Apologizing to Japan for dropping bomb? : So, you want me to beleive that Japan just kinda reponded that they didn't want an apology to a non-existent request?  The Japanese just don't do that kind of thing: The cable, dated Sept. 3, 2009, and sent to U.S. State Secretary Hillary Clinton, reported Japan’s then Vice Foreign Minister Mitoji Yabunaka telling Ambassador John Roos on Aug. 28 that antinuclear groups would speculate over whether the president would visit Hiroshima in light of his Prague speech on nuclear nonproliferation. “He underscored, however, that both governments must temper the public’s expectations on such issues, as the idea of President Obama visiting Hiroshima to apologize for the atomic bombing during World War II is a ‘non-starter’,” said the cable. It also quoted Yabunaka as saying, “While a simple visit to Hiroshima without fanfare is sufficiently symbolic to convey the right message, it is premature to include such program in the November visit.”“Yabunaka recommended that the visit in November center mostly in Tokyo,” it said.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

Okay.  So let's play reading comprehension. 

What does the cable say?

It says:

Japan’s then Vice Foreign Minister Mitoji Yabunaka telling Ambassador John Roos on Aug. 28 that antinuclear groups would speculate over whether the president would visit Hiroshima in light of his Prague speech on nuclear nonproliferation. “He underscored, however, that both governments must temper the public’s expectations on such issues, as the idea of President Obama visiting Hiroshima to apologize for the atomic bombing during World War II is a ‘non-starter’,”

What does that mean?

It means: Anti nuclear groups would speculate as to whether or not President Obama would visit Hiroshima.  Nothing says that Obama actually had a plan to do so, but whether, IN THE OPINION  OF THE ANTINUCLEAR GROUPS, that he might. 

There was no "request" but rather a preemptive move by the Japanese to mitigate the effects of Antinuclear Japanese elements that might try to spin a visit by Obama to Hiroshima as some sort of apology.  This is really straightforward so I don't understand why you are reading something that isn't there. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Geepers, just shut up and stop being an immature ankle biter.
    All you do is troll and throw out stupid questions based on ignorance and stupidity.
    Grow up already.

Hahaha...well if YOU say so then it MUST be correct...bwahahahaha

You just don't like it because you have no answer. You tell me to "grow up" yet you're the one who stomps his feet and replies with insult laden posts when you disagree with someone or have no answer to a direct question.

airborne = internet tough guy

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

Why did rightwing hero reagan lay a wreath for the nazi ss

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

So Obama's apology for the bomb is a lie?  Next thing you will tell me we aren't going to invade Iraq!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Obama Apologizing to Japan for dropping bomb? : You must have a pretty sh*tty life man. Sorry to hear it. ("I lie so that when I am called out for it, I feel good" ????  Internet troll masochism? Seek help).
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

Oooh!  thrill up my leg! 

It is good to be Skeeter today.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Obama Apologizing to Japan for dropping bomb? : I beg to differ.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

Based on Skeeter's obvious determination to stand by something that is clearly false..and has been proven false...I am starting to think you are right.

Skeeter...come on..are you really going to stand by this lie? I'll even be generous and use the term 'misinformation'. You know..people tend to respect people who can admit they were wrong..I know I do. A real man would admit to the error in judgment and move on.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Obama Apologizing to Japan for dropping bomb? : Hey twit, have you stopped having sex with your mother? Prove it.
    Posted by airborne-rgr[/QUOTE]

So you have no proof? That's all you had to say. That was easy. Next?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Obama Apologizing to Japan for dropping bomb? : Yep, even an internet tough guy has more sack than you pinkie.

So you admit you're nothing but an internet tough guy...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Obama Apologizing to Japan for dropping bomb? : Based on Skeeter's obvious determination to stand by something that is clearly false..and has been proven false...I am starting to think you are right. Skeeter...come on..are you really going to stand by this lie? I'll even be generous and use the term 'misinformation'. You know..people tend to respect people who can admit they were wrong..I know I do. A real man would admit to the error in judgment and move on.
    Posted by miscricket[/QUOTE]

Proven false?  how so?

It may not have been definitively proven, but that is a far cry from proven false.  Claiming it is a false story is like looking at a burnt log in a fireplace and trying to claim there was never a fire.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Obama Apologizing to Japan for dropping bomb? : You're giving squeeter entirely too much credit. He has said on numerous occasions that he doesn't care about truth. It's more important that he remain ignorant than have to admit to the truth. In Response to Re: Obama Apologizing to Japan for dropping bomb? : In Response to Re: Obama Apologizing to Japan for dropping bomb? :

Watch yourself!   I care only about the truth, unlike you.  Tell me, what part of the Danish airforce are you in?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Ug.  The lefties are all in a twitter trying to say the story is proven false enough times so it becomes true.  Ug.

I'm twinkling down to that claim.

Sections
Shortcuts