Obama: I am willing to negotiate fiscal issues and _changes_ to health care law, but raise the limit first

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Obama: I am willing to negotiate fiscal issues and _changes_ to health care law, but raise the limit first

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP’s earlier story is below.

President Barack Obama says he’s fighting the budget battle because ‘‘we can’t make extortion routine as part of our democracy.’’

Obama says he’s willing to not only negotiate fiscal issues with Republicans, but changes to health care law. But he says first he wants them to pass a bill to stop a partial government shutdown.

Obama noted in a news conference at the White House Tuesday that the shutdown already made him cancel a trip to Asia this week. He argued the shutdown is hurting U.S. credibility around the world and — quote — ‘‘makes it look like we don’t have our act together.’’

let me guess; this isn't negotiation or leading because Obama isn't giving into all GOP demands before they raise the debt limit.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Obama: I am willing to negotiate fiscal issues and _changes_ to health care law, but raise the limit first

So, give me everything I want and then I'll negotiate?

wow.  Just wow.  This guy knows no shame.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Re: Obama: I am willing to negotiate fiscal issues and _changes_ to health care law, but raise the limit first

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Yes just say the opposite of what someone else said and pat yourself on the back. Have a biscuit.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/01/Dog-biscuit.jpg

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP’s earlier story is below.

President Barack Obama says he’s fighting the budget battle because ‘‘we can’t make extortion routine as part of our democracy.’’

Obama says he’s willing to not only negotiate fiscal issues with Republicans, but changes to health care law. But he says first he wants them to pass a bill to stop a partial government shutdown.

Obama noted in a news conference at the White House Tuesday that the shutdown already made him cancel a trip to Asia this week. He argued the shutdown is hurting U.S. credibility around the world and — quote — ‘‘makes it look like we don’t have our act together.’’

_____________   let me guess; this isn't negotiation or leading because Obama isn't giving into all GOP demands before they raise the debt limit.

OK let's do it and all claim short term victory.

Pass a 3 month CR with the requirement to meet on budget and ACA.

GOP wins, they forced a DEM commitment to negotiation, nice job fellas

Dems win as they forced the GOP to pass a clean CR (nothing given up under extortion), nice job fellas

Pass this and get to work and while Congress is at it the can raise the Debt ceiling to cover the next 6 months or better yet 12 months and we can hit it 1 month before the 2014's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes just say the opposite of what someone else said and pat yourself on the back. Have a biscuit.

[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly what he saying "pass a clean bill" aka everything I want. Then (after you have no bargaining position) we can negotiate!

you can't be a lawyer and not see that!?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to bigdog2's comment:

[QUOTE]

_____________   let me guess; this isn't negotiation or leading because Obama isn't giving into all GOP demands beforethey raise the debt limit.

I think we should just believe him.  He`s been so forthright in the past.........why not?

LOL!

Worst, most incompetent, lying-P OS, cheap excuse for a president, in history.  Fortunately, America may be finally waking up.............

Reuters 10/9/13:  Obama approval= 37% 

[/QUOTE]

bigdog: "YOU LIE!"

Bravo.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"Obama says he’s willing to not only negotiate fiscal issues with Republicans, but changes to health care law. But he says first he wants them to pass a bill to stop a partial government shutdown."

So, Obama admits the obvious: he was unwilling to negotiate before, in fact, the only time he previously negotiated anything with the GOP House was in 2011, when the House previously refused to bow down.

Obama and Harry Reid have never allowed compromise to their zealous advocacy of endless excessive Government spending and Government expansion, that is a fact.

An Obama promise to negotiate in the future: worthless.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"He already has what he wants, an duly passed ACA law that has been adjudicated by SCotUS to be Constitutional and is now being implemented.'

Let me fix that for you:

"He already has what he wants, an duly passed ACA law that has been adjudicated by SCotUS to be Constitutional,  and is now yet again proving the utter failure and incompetence of Government running anything other than a lemonade stand.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

"Obama says he’s willing to not only negotiate fiscal issues with Republicans, but changes to health care law. But he says first he wants them to pass a bill to stop a partial government shutdown."

So, Obama admits the obvious: he was unwilling to negotiate before, in fact, the only time he previously negotiated anything with the GOP House was in 2011, when the House previously refused to bow down.

Obama and Harry Reid have never allowed compromise to their zealous advocacy of endless excessive Government spending and Government expansion, that is a fact.

An Obama promise to negotiate in the future: worthless.

Look, another angry-white-bigot yelling at clouds.

The race card, how predictable.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

[QUOTE]

_____________   let me guess; this isn't negotiation or leading because Obama isn't giving into all GOP demands beforethey raise the debt limit.

Dems win as they forced the GOP to pass a clean CR (nothing given up under extortion), nice job fellas

Pass this and get to work and while Congress is at it the can raise the Debt ceiling to cover the next 6 months or better yet 12 months and we can hit it 1 month before the 2014's.

And what assurances are the wingnuts offering that they won't pull this stunt gain in 3 months if they lose?

How about this: Actually follow the appropriations process outlined in the Constitution.

The House sent their bill to the Senate.

The Senate, under Article 1, amended it and sent it back to the House.

The next step is for the House to hold a vote.

They haven't.

That is where the process outlined in the Constitution has stopped. With the wingnuts failing to even hold a vote.

The House has a vote on the clean CR.

If the wingnuts win and defeat the clean CR then they go to negotiation with everything on the table including ACA.

The Dems win and the gov't gets funded for a year, at sequestration levels, and the debt limit raised for a year.

[/QUOTE]

So you're backing away from the President's offer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly what he saying "pass a clean bill" aka everything I want. Then (after you have no bargaining position) we can negotiate!

[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why if he is lying, the GOP gets more points in next year's election. Then they can have a chance to repeal it the honest democratic way: with votes.

you can't be a human and not see that !?

This isn't a partisan issue. Observe:

Only the most committed ideologues are still cheering on the GOP for its current strategy.

If 28% of people disapprove of the Republican party, that's a lot of Republicans who are PO'd right now.

I've said a million times that I think that no matter what your opinion of Obamacare is, the GOP strategy is wrong, dangerous, and idiotic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

That's exactly why if he is lying, the GOP gets more points in next year's election. Then they can have a chance to repeal it the honest democratic way: with votes.

Its not about points! It's about Obama getting a partisan bill passed into LAW and then giving his cronies aka unions, certain corporations, and congress either delays, waivers or special treatment but, refuses to do that with the remaining American people!!

you can't be a human and not see that !?

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to bigdog2's comment:

Date           Sample     Approve   Disapprove     Spread

Rasmussen Reports 10/6 - 10/8     1500 LV           50            49                 +1

Wasn`t it you, airborne, that said rasmussen sux?

Wasn't it you that said they didn't?

Just using a source you trust.

Got to admit, concerned_citizen is slicker than a greased pig....he cant be pinned down...

.(oops , forgot WDYWN has indicated that Republicans are "lying swine", but at least we arent greased swine.)

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/01/Dog-biscuit.jpg

[/QUOTE]

But, it is what Obama said. So, take your biscuit back.  I have filled up on the truth.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

[QUOTE]

And what assurances are the wingnuts offering that they won't pull this stunt gain in 3 months if they lose?

How about this: Actually follow the appropriations process outlined in the Constitution.

The House sent their bill to the Senate.

The Senate, under Article 1, amended it and sent it back to the House.

The next step is for the House to hold a vote.

They haven't.

That is where the process outlined in the Constitution has stopped. With the wingnuts failing to even hold a vote.

The House has a vote on the clean CR.

If the wingnuts win and defeat the clean CR then they go to negotiation with everything on the table including ACA.

The Dems win and the gov't gets funded for a year, at sequestration levels, and the debt limit raised for a year.

[/QUOTE]

"The next step is for the House to hold a vote"

where do you see this in Article 1?

mind you, I am not saying that they shouldn't, as I tire of this stalemate. I don't think you will find that in the Constitution.

25. This post has been removed.