Obama "I didn't set a redline not to be crossed in syria, congress did" the Buck never stops!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Obama "I didn't set a redline not to be crossed in syria, congress did" the Buck never stops!

I guess words don't matter....geez

"First of all, I didn't set a red line," said Obama. "The world set a red line. The world set a red line when governments representing 98 percent of the world's population said the use of chemical weapons are [inaudble] and passed a treaty forbidding their use, even when countries are engaged in war. Congress set a red line when it ratified that treaty. Congress set a red line when it indicated that in a piece of legislation entitled the Syria Accountability Act that some of the horrendous things happening on the ground there need to be answered for. So, when I said in a press conference that my calculus about what's happening in Syria would be altered by the use of chemical weapons, which the overwhelming consensus of humanity says is wrong, that wasn't something I just kind of made up. I didn't pluck it out of thin air. There's a reason for it."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-i-didnt-set-red-line-syria_752712.html

white house official after Obama's red line comment:

We go on to reaffirm that the President has set a clear red line as it relates to the United States that the use of chemical weapons or the transfer of chemical weapons to terrorist groups is a red line that is not acceptable to us, nor should it be to the international community. It's precisely because we take this red line so seriously that we believe there is an obligation to fully investigate any and all evidence of chemical weapons use within Syria.
    ...it is absolutely the case that the President's red line is the use of chemical weapons...

And this one is especially devastating:

And the people in Syria and the Assad regime should know that the President means what he says when he set that red line. And keep in mind, he is the one who laid down that marker. He's the one who directed that we provide this information to the public. And he's the one who directed that we do everything we can to further investigate this information so that we can establish in credible, corroborated, factual basis what exactly took place.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Obama

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Of course Obama drew a red line. He said so.

But don't tell me you deny the existence of independent international agreements against chemical weapons use.

I do not deny those treaties exist and are important. I'm simply asking for the reason why we have to do it when every one (French, British)  has said no, it's not enough evidence or reason to attack or that they do not believe assad was even responsible!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

In response to tvoter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

But don't tell me you deny the existence of independent international agreements against chemical weapons use.

I do not deny those treaties exist and are important. I'm simply asking for the reason why we have to do it when every one (French, British)  has said no, it's not enough evidence or reason to attack or that they do not believe assad was even responsible!

[/QUOTE]

Ummmm, ya sure, except that the British intelligence agencies all agree that Assad is responsible.

The vote was purely political, not based on intel findings.

It is being claimed, including by the regime, that the attacks were either faked or undertaken by the Syrian Armed Opposition. We have tested this assertion using a wide range of intelligence and open sources, and invited HMG and outside experts to help us establish whether such a thing is possible. There is no credible intelligence or other evidence to substantiate the claims or the possession of CW by the opposition. The JIC has therefore concluded that there are no plausible alternative scenarios to regime responsibility.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/235094/Jp_115_JD_PM_Syria_Reported_Chemical_Weapon_Use_with_annex.pdf

[/QUOTE]

The same British intelligence that was sure that Saddam had WMD?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

For the millionth time, it all comes down to whether or not we want an absolute line against use of WMDs, as opposed to a slippery slope where we weigh body counts, who is using the WMDs, and against whom they have been used.

We are the ONLY one that signed the treaty that is ready to drop bombs!!

that should cause pause or make a difference!

Doesnt it?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For the millionth time, it all comes down to whether or not we want an absolute line against use of WMDs, as opposed to a slippery slope where we weigh body counts, who is using the WMDs, and against whom they have been used.

We are the ONLY one that signed the treaty that is ready to drop bombs!!

that should cause pause or make a difference!

Doesnt it?

Does our signature mean anything anymore?

Do all treaties cease to be enforced just because you hate the current PotUS?

[/QUOTE]

So you think we should bomb syria even though NO ONE ELSE IN THE WORLD thinks we should except perhaps israel.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Obama says HIS credibility isn't on the line but AMERICA's IS!!!!  As the CEO of the US...isn't he America when speaking in Sweden?....how does the President of the United States separate himself from America while on foreign soil????????

I've seen it all.........

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Hmmmm, Israel, our closest ally in the middle east is now not so important to you?

And of course there's the fact that our allies, who's constituents are war weary from being dragged into the Iraq on false pretenses, haven't said Syria shouldn't be held accountable, just that they want not to participate.

When did I say Israel wasnt important? oh, that right I didn't but, you have nothing so you make shlt up.

Actually our allies, france and Germany and thr UK have said they DO NOT SUPPORT MILITARY ACTION AT THIS TIME. Not that they support it but, just can't participate. But, nice lie!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to macnh1's comment:

Obama says HIS credibility isn't on the line but AMERICA's IS!!!!  As the CEO of the US...isn't he America when speaking in Sweden?....how does the President of the United States separate himself from America while on foreign soil????????

Well, you might have not seen it all.  Have you seen this picture of Kerry and Momma T having dinner with the Assads?

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2013/09/02/a-picture-is-worth-1000-words

-kerry-assads-2009-dinner-date/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Have you seen this picture of Kerry and Momma T having dinner with the Assads?

There are pictures of Bush kissing meany-head A-rab leaders in the past, as well.

And?

[/QUOTE]

That's true and the saudi are supporting the rebels with billions of dollars in aid!

There is nothing saudi would like more than for us the USA to facilitate a war that kills a few million shiites.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to macnh1's comment:

Well, you might have not seen it all.  Have you seen this picture of Kerry and Momma T having dinner with the Assads?

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2013/09/02/a-picture-is-worth-1000-words

-kerry-assads-2009-dinner-date/

skeeter have you ever heard the tale of how dubya allowed bin Laden's relatives to fly out of the USA days after 9/11 even though American air space had been shut down ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Guess which senator that is, during the Syria hearing of course...   

Well I don't see a glass of water in his hand so it can't be Rubio ... I'll go with Paul

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

Have you seen this picture of Kerry and Momma T having dinner with the Assads?

There are pictures of Bush kissing meany-head A-rab leaders in the past, as well.

And?

[/QUOTE]

Come on.  You don't see a difference between the "new Hitler" and a saudi prince?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

[QUOTE]

Well I don't see a glass of water in his hand so it can't be Rubio ... I'll go with Paul

[/QUOTE]

The RINO McCain.

and you thought that would upset us. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The RINO McCain.

[/QUOTE]

who is us ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The RINO McCain.

[/QUOTE]

who is us ?

[/QUOTE]

All true, red blooded 'Mericans!

Lighten up, Francis.  Everyone thinks Assad is a bad guy who should be taking a dirt nap, yet, at the same time, no one trusts the object of your affection, Obama, to do the right thing.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Obama is a disgrace. 

Everyone on the planet drew the "red line", not him.

Everyone on the planet sees no reason, yet, to drop bombs on Syria, except him and a few morons like McCain, Boehner, Cantor and a few other morons in Congress. Does it make you leftwingers a little uncomfortable that McCain, Boehner and Cantor are with you? Wake up you idiots!

There is no upside to us getting involved, only the possibility of retaliation and escalation as it appears the Congressional resolution does not preclude troops in Syria. Why not? The CIA is already there for sure.

Do none of you Obama butt kissers see the problem with being on the same side as the terrorists and giving them arms?

This effort by Obama is ALL POLITICS. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/to-sell-syria-strike-white-house-turns-to-obama-brain-trust/2013/09/03/cf184ef0-14c6-11e3-b182-1b3bb2eb474c_story.html

The group included men and women steeped in politics as well as communications and national security: former senior advisers David Axelrod and David Plouffe; Robert Gibbs, who served as White House press secretary; former White House communications director Anita Dunn; Stephanie Cutter , who served as deputy campaign manager for Obama’s 2012 campaign; Tommy Vietor, former National Security Council spokesman; and Jon Favreau, who was the president’s speechwriter. Vietor and Favreau now have a joint communications firm.

-----------------

If you leftwingers cannot figure out that this whole episode is about POLITICS then you are hopelessly lost. It has nothing to do with national security. There is no threat to us from the Syrians. Unlike Iraq, we have no military over there getting shot at to maintain the conditions of a cease fire. 

We have sat idle for two years watching 90,000 Syrians die at the hands of Assad using conventional weapons. Why do we now give a bleep for 1000 that died from chemical weapons? Can you spell CHICKENHAWK????

So what is the upside for us by dropping bombs on Syria? NOTHING. Can any of you leftwingers kissing Obama's a55  give us any upside for this?? 

What is the downside? RETALIATION

Real smart tactics from the Democrats. No reason to get involved, no upside, only downside.

Best for you to open the borders and the US Treasury to bribe the hordes with taxpayer money to get the votes you will need.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:

Obama is a disgrace. 

Everyone on the planet drew the "red line", not him.

Everyone on the planet sees no reason, yet, to drop bombs on Syria, except him and a few morons like McCain, Boehner, Cantor and a few other morons in Congress. Does it make you leftwingers a little uncomfortable that McCain, Boehner and Cantor are with you? Wake up you idiots!

There is no upside to us getting involved, only the possibility of retaliation and escalation as it appears the Congressional resolution does not preclude troops in Syria. Why not? The CIA is already there for sure.

Do none of you Obama butt kissers see the problem with being on the same side as the terrorists and giving them arms?

This effort by Obama is ALL POLITICS. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/to-sell-syria-strike-white-house-turns-to-obama-brain-trust/2013/09/03/cf184ef0-14c6-11e3-b182-1b3bb2eb474c_story.html

The group included men and women steeped in politics as well as communications and national security: former senior advisers David Axelrod and David Plouffe; Robert Gibbs, who served as White House press secretary; former White House communications director Anita Dunn; Stephanie Cutter , who served as deputy campaign manager for Obama’s 2012 campaign; Tommy Vietor, former National Security Council spokesman; and Jon Favreau, who was the president’s speechwriter. Vietor and Favreau now have a joint communications firm.

-----------------

If you leftwingers cannot figure out that this whole episode is about POLITICS then you are hopelessly lost. It has nothing to do with national security. There is no threat to us from the Syrians. Unlike Iraq, we have no military over there getting shot at to maintain the conditions of a cease fire. 

We have sat idle for two years watching 90,000 Syrians die at the hands of Assad using conventional weapons. Why do we now give a bleep for 1000 that died from chemical weapons? Can you spell CHICKENHAWK????

So what is the upside for us by dropping bombs on Syria? NOTHING. Can any of you leftwingers kissing Obama's a55  give us any upside for this?? 

What is the downside? RETALIATION

Real smart tactics from the Democrats. No reason to get involved, no upside, only downside.

Best for you to open the borders and the US Treasury to bribe the hordes with taxpayer money to get the votes you will need.

you are right, It is all politics.

So, let's review:

Obama didn't draw the red line, others did, or a 100 year old treaty is responsible.

So, if it is others who drew the red line, why is Obama all worked up over this?

Answer: he needs to get everyone's eyes off the dismal economy and scandals here at home.

wag, wag.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

He also said he didn't draw a red line on WMD's used against civilians.  President Obama lacks a key ingredient to leadership; backbone.  He was a tough guy with a fleet of drones which allowed him to tout about a red line; he wasn't saying it was an international red line until it was crossed. Now that his words and the strength of the Presidency are being questioned he is running for cover.

I personally don't was us to get involved in anymore mid east turmoil unless the Arab League asks for our help; otherwise we are just the evil oil hungry infidels and any action we do will be turned agaisnt us.  The no good turn goes unpunished scenario.  Boots on the ground would be an invasion, cruise missles indescrimate warfare injuring untold numbers of civilians, and drones are the battle cry for al Qaeda.

That being said; Obama should have been Presidential and just done it like Lybia; its within his power until we decide we don't want him there.  He is the one wrote the check he didn't want to cash.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

[QUOTE]

He also said he didn't draw a red line on WMD's used against civilians.  President Obama lacks a key ingredient to leadership; backbone.  He was a tough guy with a fleet of drones which allowed him to tout about a red line; he wasn't saying it was an international red line until it was crossed. Now that his words and the strength of the Presidency are being questioned he is running for cover.

I personally don't was us to get involved in anymore mid east turmoil unless the Arab League asks for our help; otherwise we are just the evil oil hungry infidels and any action we do will be turned agaisnt us.  The no good turn goes unpunished scenario.  Boots on the ground would be an invasion, cruise missles indescrimate warfare injuring untold numbers of civilians, and drones are the battle cry for al Qaeda.

That being said; Obama should have been Presidential and just done it like Lybia; its within his power until we decide we don't want him there.  He is the one wrote the check he didn't want to cash.

[/QUOTE]

BINGO!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts