Obama is afraid of Sudan???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Obama is afraid of Sudan???

Okay the headline is a stretch but I am all worked by the fact that Sudan denied the US from sending US Marines to protect our embassy there and that we listened to them.  We had MArines enroute but once we learned that our request was denied, we turned them around.

When did the United States begin taking orders from Sudan???  President Obama???  Do you need help with this???? 

I'll write this for you Mr. President...you can copy and paste it or you can read it verbatim to the President of Sudan.

Dear Sudan Leader guy,

It has been brought to my attention that you are not only denying our request to send US Marines to our embassy in Sudan but that you are encouraging protests outside of our embassy.  The "request" was a courtesy and the United States of America doesn't exactly need permission to protect US citizens on US soil, no matter where that soil is in the world.

At this time I am informing you that the aforementioned Marines will be arriving at the embassy in Sudan at a time and in a number that I see fit to protect our people and property there.  Any interference with the transportation of those US Marines will be answered with deadly, disproportionate, and overhwelming force.

If you have any questions please call my office and I will be happy to discuss the issue with you.

Regards,

The President of the United States, Leader of the Free World.

(and please vist my websitewww.Obama-fourmoreyears.com and give what you can because I run my campaign like I run my country....I spend way more than I take in!!!!)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Re: Obama is afraid of Sudan???

You had me until the parentheses. You didn't need that to make the point.  Unless the point was in the parentheses and the rest was to get everyone's attention.

But I suggest a different conclusion than that: I think we'll see the Marines in there, but that may be just me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Could be the result of communication of the type illustrated in the letter.  Could be the result of a communication to the leader such as:

"OK, here's what you've been doing for the last two weeks.  You were here.  Then you were here.  Then you were here.  (Connected by dashed lines.  Illustrated with time stamps.)

Or some combination. 

No reason to be afraid of Sudan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The Sudanese security forces fired on protesters trying to scale the embassy walls.  After they fired on their own citizens, we offer to send in the marines, which could be seen as an insult.  We are asking the Sudanese Government if they are able to protect guests in their own home.

Publcly accepting help in the form of the Marines would be telling political rivals and the rest of the world that they are weak and can't protect their guests which is a huge loss of face in the Arab world.

Now if the Sudanese government doesn't protect the embassy then they are unable to protect guests and will be publicly humiliated in the Arab world.  If they are able to protect the embassy and some other country can't, then the other country gets humiliated because they weren't able to do what the Sudanese Government could do.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Perhaps some of us really don't give a rat's behind whether Sudan's government wins or loses face. Perhaps SOME of us are only concerned with the safety and well-being of American citizens in Sudan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Sudan has been ruled by one of the most brutal dictators in of the last 20 years and has shown a complete willingness to massacre his own people. Why we still have diplomatic relations with sudan is the real question.

That being said Sudan is a sovereign nation, i know this is hard for people like Machn to understand but you cant just send troops where ever you like it, it doesnt work like that if a host nation doesnt allow you to have a military presence then you can not have one lest it be an act of war, I really didnt think it was that hard to understand but i guess people just dont pay attention in history.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to jimedfred's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Perhaps some of us really don't give a rat's behind whether Sudan's government wins or loses face. Perhaps SOME of us are only concerned with the safety and well-being of American citizens in Sudan.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure brute force is a much better idea.  Look how well it's working in Afghanistan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sudan has been ruled by one of the most brutal dictators in of the last 20 years and has shown a complete willingness to massacre his own people. Why we still have diplomatic relations with sudan is the real question.

That being said Sudan is a sovereign nation, i know this is hard for people like Machn to understand but you cant just send troops where ever you like it, it doesnt work like that if a host nation doesnt allow you to have a military presence then you can not have one lest it be an act of war, I really didnt think it was that hard to understand but i guess people just dont pay attention in history.

[/QUOTE]

They think that since we're America we can do anything we want.

I would think the Islamic world would be more upset over the civilians that were just killed by a NATO Air Strike.  You never know how dangerous women and girls gathering firewood can me.

I'm surprised that every Muslim country doesn't welcome US military might into their countries.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[/QUOTE]

I would think the Islamic world would be more upset over the civilians that were just killed by a NATO Air Strike.  You never know how dangerous women and girls gathering firewood can me.

I'm surprised that every Muslim country doesn't welcome US military might into their countries.

[/QUOTE]

We CAN do anything we want when it comes to protecting our citizens!

They shun and attack our military but, welcome the BILLIONS we send them in aid and cry for protection from that same military when their enemies attack!!

Yet we cater to them like we OWE them something!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Yeah, who do they think they are, China?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We CAN do anything we want when it comes to protecting our citizens!

They shun and attack our military but, welcome the BILLIONS we send them in aid and cry for protection from that same military when their enemies attack!!

[/QUOTE]

If you're going to ciritcize a government, should you at least know what they've done or haven't done?  They fired on their own citizens when they tried to scale the embassy wall.  What more would you have the Government of Sudan do?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

[/QUOTE]

If you're going to ciritcize a government, should you at least know what they've done or haven't done?  They fired on their own citizens when they tried to scale the embassy wall.  What more would you have the Government of Sudan do?

[/QUOTE]

They fired tear gas! They DID NOT protect the embassy and then tell us we cant either!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

You do know that if we were to send Marines in against the wishes of Sudan, that would be considered an invasion, don't you?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookie-rojas. Show cookie-rojas's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jimedfred's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure brute force is a much better idea.  Look how well it's working in Afghanistan.

[/QUOTE]

Obama's war........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

rabble rabble rabble!

[/QUOTE]

Nice! lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

This may come as a surprise to some of you...

...but the very existence of american troops in some sovereign lands is neither a popular nor tenable position.

Iraq ended that for the most part.  Afghanistan probably buried it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This may come as a surprise to some of you...

...but the very existence of american troops in some sovereign lands is neither a popular nor tenable position.

Iraq ended that for the most part.  Afghanistan probably buried it.

In my experience it depends on what segment of the population you are asking about troops in country. Some are glad they are there for protection from their own govt or war/criminals etc.

[/QUOTE]

18. This post has been removed.