Obama meets secretly with energy CEO's (Remember when Cheney did it)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Obama meets secretly with energy CEO's (Remember when Cheney did it)

I didnt think it was a bad thing then or now. In fact it is smart to get information from experts.

but,

The White House did not respond to queries from POLITICO about why the public and press were excluded from the discussion, which took place at the Energy Department.

During Obama's first bid for the White House, the freshman senator complained about then-Vice President Dick Cheney's private meetings with energy industry representatives.

"The oil companies were allowed to craft energy policy with Dick Cheney in secret while every other voice was silenced ­ including the NASA scientists who tried to warn us about the dangers of climate change," Obama said in a June 2007 campaign speech. "When there are meetings between lobbyists and a government agency, we won't be going to the Supreme Court to keep it secret like Dick Cheney and his energy task force, we'll be putting it up on the Internet for every American to watch."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2013/05/obama-meets-privately-with-energy-industry-ceos-on-163564.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Obama meets secretly with energy CEO's (Remember when Cheney did it)

In response to tvoter's comment:

I didnt think it was a bad thing then or now. In fact it is smart to get information from experts.

but,

The White House did not respond to queries from POLITICO about why the public and press were excluded from the discussion, which took place at the Energy Department.

During Obama's first bid for the White House, the freshman senator complained about then-Vice President Dick Cheney's private meetings with energy industry representatives.

"The oil companies were allowed to craft energy policy with Dick Cheney in secret while every other voice was silenced ­ including the NASA scientists who tried to warn us about the dangers of climate change," Obama said in a June 2007 campaign speech. "When there are meetings between lobbyists and a government agency, we won't be going to the Supreme Court to keep it secret like Dick Cheney and his energy task force, we'll be putting it up on the Internet for every American to watch."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2013/05/obama-meets-privately-with-energy-industry-ceos-on-163564.html

You just don't get it.  Obama cares.  Stop being so mean.  Just get in line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

I just wanted to point out as I said then about Cheney's closed meeting the only potential problem was that it was  CLOSED meeting. It's smart to meet with experts.

Some made it out that Cheney and the experts were behond closed doors plotting how to get rich on the backs of the poor.

In reality there was/is no difference other than Obama pledged that he would not do it.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I've met a few of these folks myself.  

Networking, y'know....

One of the largest expansions of the domestic economy in the next few decades will be in the energy sector - namely generation, supply and delivery.  These people know it, and so does the Prez.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Heck of a 'secret' meeting when a news source not only publishes it's time and place but gives a list of every company/CEO who attended.

Let me know when you find the list of Chenney's attendees.

Psst...the "secret" part was in reference to the press not being included in the meeting.

President Barack Obama met behind closed doors with energy executives Wednesday in a session the White House said was arranged to discuss the industry's response to Hurricane Sandy last year and preparations for this year's hurricane season.

"The oil companies were allowed to craft energy policy with Dick Cheney in secret while every other voice was silenced ­ including the NASA scientists who tried to warn us about the dangers of climate change," Obama said in a June 2007 campaign speech. "When there are meetings between lobbyists and a government agency, we won't be going to the Supreme Court to keep it secret like Dick Cheney and his energy task force, we'll be putting it up on the Internet for every American to watch."

Not sure about you guys but I wasn't informed about this meeting being on the internet to watch? Anyone else see it???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Heck of a 'secret' meeting when a news source not only publishes it's time and place but gives a list of every company/CEO who attended.

Let me know when you find the list of Chenney's attendees.

Not attendees and times dolt. The meeting notes were private....lmao

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Networking, y'know....

One of the largest expansions of the domestic economy in the next few decades will be in the energy sector - namely generation, supply and delivery.  These people know it, and so does the Prez.

I agee. The question why was Cheney villified for it? Stay on topic dont go on a cheney rant please.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Networking, y'know....

I agee. The question why was Cheney villified for it? Stay on topic dont go on a cheney rant please.

Because he focused almost exclusively on fossil fuel technology.

Narrow-minded, to say the least.  Like promoting desktop PCs as the future of computing.

He also emphasized corporate profit over the public trust and environmental safety.  Sorry, not in this century....

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Networking, y'know....

Also, he's a gigantic dou(c)hebag.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That means: you are just a political partisan and it's about the man not the policy

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

[QUOTE]

Networking, y'know....

Narrow-minded, to say the least.  Like promoting desktop PCs as the future of computing.

He also emphasized corporate profit over the public trust and environmental safety.  Sorry, not in this century....

/QUOTE]

Was the Solyndra CEO invited?
    Profits are evil,  comrades!!!

Cleaner fossil fuels like natural gas, private sector efficiency and innovation is the future, not early 20th century dinosaur Soviet style "central planning".

Top down imposition of our energy future=fail.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That means: you are just a political partisan and it's about the man not the policy

No, it just means he's a gigantic bag o' dou(c)he no matter what his policies are.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

No, it just means he's a gigantic bag o' dou(c)he no matter what his policies are. 

Bigot

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

[QUOTE]

Networking, y'know....

/QUOTE]

Was the Solyndra CEO invited?
    Profits are evil,  comrades!!!

Cleaner fossil fuels like natural gas, private sector efficiency and innovation is the future, not early 20th century dinosaur Soviet style "central planning".

Top down imposition of our energy future=fail.

Dodge, deflect, and dissemble.

Cheney helped purposely set back standards for the sake of profits, not innovation.  Sounds like soviet-style corruption and patronage, to me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Bigot

Ok, I'll bite...

How does Cheney being a dou(c)hebag make me a bigot...?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Bigot

[QUOTE]

Ok, I'll bite...

big·ot

/ˈbɪgət/ Show Spelled [big-uht] Show IPA

noun a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed , belief, or opinion.   You do not even know Cheney!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Cheney is none of these things. Cheney is a human being who appears to resemble a douch(e)bag of sufficient size and PSI to clean a succubi's foul taint.

Cheney has all those things and that is where the bigotry lies but, you knew that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Bigot

[QUOTE]

Ok, I'll bite...

You do not even know Cheney!

I know enough about him to know how biggeth his doucheth baggeth is....

His memoir is sufficient to fill said bag.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

25. This post has been removed.