Obama on Immigration 2011: 'We Live in a Democracy,' I Cant 'Unilaterally' Change Law

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Obama on Immigration 2011: 'We Live in a Democracy,' I Cant 'Unilaterally' Change Law

On September 28, 2011, President Barack Obama participated in an "Open for Questions" roundtable with reporters from  Yahoo!, MSN Latino, AOL Latino and HuffPost LatinoVoices. 
    Obama told the reporters who pushed him on taking executive action on immigration reform “we live in a democracy.”

“This notion that somehow I can just change the laws unilaterally is not true,” he said. “The fact of the matter is there are laws on the books I have to enforce. And there is a great disservice done to the cause of getting the DREAM Act passed and comprehensive immigration reform passed by perpetuating the notion that somehow by myself I can just go and do these things.”

“We live in a democracy,” he added. “You have to pass bills through the Legislature, and then I can sign it. If all the attention is focused away from the legislative process, then that is going to lead to a constant dead end.”

Except now (after playing nice with the Constitution before his reelection) Obama says he will act unilaterally if the Congress doesn't, to grant amnesty to millions of illegals....Guess we dont live in a democracy any more in 2014.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Re: Obama on Immigration 2011: 'We Live in a Democracy,' I Cant 'Unilaterally' Change Law

Some here have questioned my term of Ohole

ok 

lets just focus of O on the current Border crisis

in 2008 Diane Feinstein wrote a bill stating that Central American children would be treated differently than Mexican children and have some sort of legal review. 

bush signed it, being the compassionate conservative he was

(I had no idea that this had been done, and I don't think I would have signed it)

so this was a bi partisan bill

as with many laws , done in good faith! there are un intended consequences

In 2012 O by executive order passed his version of the dream act without congress(please see above)

This last April , this crisis erupted.

This law was then identified as a linchpin ion cause along with Os executive order

Dems deny it, blame Bush  SOP

At first O was going change the law and then he pulled the rug

But then we learned just recently that O had known  that this problem had started well over a yr ago

So, what,  knowing that there was a problem, say nothing, let innocent children be put in dangerous situations and allow them then to come into the USA alone? Knowing that these kids were being raped and murdered. 

but let's say he didn't really know cos he was stupid and didn't understand what drug gangs did

How does that person not call in  all the leaders and say. What 3things can we do to stop this crisis and get it passed right now?

How does he not  come out and tell the American people what he is going to do? 

instead O and the Dems offer nothing , mind you O is the President, It's his responsibility but instead he sets a trap door while he and the senate go on vacation. Ok the house wasn't great, but 

O sat and now sits on his hands , doing nothing saying nothing while he sends these kids into States without even telling the governors . Most GOP, and more kids coming who are also in grave danger.

this not an act of a President this is the act of an OHOLe, a cold hearted ,Chicago hack

And this is SOP for every frigging thing this Ohole does along with Reid, Pelosi and their entire crew

this what today's liberal stands for

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Re: Obama on Immigration 2011: 'We Live in a Democracy,' I Cant 'Unilaterally' Change Law

Silly namecalling like "Baby Bush" or "Ohole" dont promote the merits of any argument.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I am not in favor of these kinds of unilateral moves by any president....but really..what choice does Obama have at this point? The right has engaged in all sorts of histrionics about what a crisis this is...yet Congress has gone on vacation for 5 weeks without dealing with this "crisis". So...really...what choice does Obama have? This do-nothing Congress has made it more than clear that they are going to continue to...do nothing.

If Congress refuses to deal with immigration..then who should?

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

but really..what choice does Obama have at this point?

miscricket, the Constitution isn't a guideline that you are allowed to abide by or not based on the political whims of the day. I don't care how important you believe an issue is, a chief executive who bypasses the law sets an extremely dangerous precedent.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

I am not in favor of these kinds of unilateral moves by any president....but really..what choice does Obama have at this point? The right has engaged in all sorts of histrionics about what a crisis this is...yet Congress has gone on vacation for 5 weeks without dealing with this "crisis". So...really...what choice does Obama have? This do-nothing Congress has made it more than clear that they are going to continue to...do nothing.

What choice does Obama have? How about the choice of enforcing the existing immigration laws? He took an oath that the laws be faithfully executed, even laws he may not agree with.

The crisis is simple: the border needs to be secured.

Obama wants to act by mandating that millions who broke the law and entered the US illegally are now legal. Besides the fact that such unilateral action is beyond his powers as President, that action will make the crisis worse. More illegal immigrants  will head for the border, for a free pass into the US.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

Good post.  But, according to the constitution, Obama doesn't have a choice.  His view of the role of congress seems to be that they must affirm his view of the issues, or he will act without them.  That reduces Congress to an adoring girlfriend.

Obama's strategy from the jump has been one to travel down the road of an imperial presidency, which is ironic, as that has been the progressive battle cry against every Republican since Nixon.

as far as who should deal with immigration: no additional law is required.  Seal the border.  Obama has all the law and power he needs to do that, but not the integrity, apparently.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to ronreganfan's comment:

Good post.  But, according to the constitution, Obama doesn't have a choice.  His view of the role of congress seems to be that they must affirm his view of the issues, or he will act without them.  That reduces Congress to an adoring girlfriend.

Obama's strategy from the jump has been one to travel down the road of an imperial presidency, which is ironic, as that has been the progressive battle cry against every Republican since Nixon.

as far as who should deal with immigration: no additional law is required.  Seal the border.  Obama has all the law and power he needs to do that, but not the integrity, apparently.

How does one "seal the border"? The Mexico-US Border is roughly about 1,950 miles long, with about 45 border crossings with 330 ports of entry. And you think we can just simply "seal" that??? Please explain how.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

How does one "seal the border"? The Mexico-US Border is roughly about 1,950 miles long, with about 45 border crossings with 330 ports of entry. And you think we can just simply "seal" that??? Please explain how.

India did it between them and Bangladesh, and that is nearly 3,000 miles long. 

China and Russia have done it between their countries, and that is even longer.

parts of the border have been effectively sealed when politicians chose to act.

http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html

saying it can't be done is a weak dodge for a president and a party that want open borders.  

It can be done.  Or, are you going to call me an a55hat for disproving your argument?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html

saying it can't be done is a weak dodge for a president and a party that want open borders.  

It can be done.  Or, are you going to call me an a55hat for disproving your argument?

How were each of those borders "sealed"? I noticed you didn't provide links backing up your statements.

Not to mention those other countries aren't exactly known for the "American" dream and freedoms. Lot's of people dying to get into Russia or China are they???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html

How were each of those borders "sealed"? I noticed you didn't provide links backing up your statements.

Not to mention those other countries aren't exactly known for the "American" dream and freedoms. Lot's of people dying to get into Russia or China are they???

Do we need any money to "seal the border"?  Does Congress have to approve it?  Or do we just send Biden out there with his Bob the Builder hat and a bucket of spackle?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

You what Obama can do according to the Constitution?  He can call the House back into session, and say they can't recess until they vote on the Senate immigration bill that gives him all the funding he needs and more to both secure the border and expedite the hearings.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

You what Obama can do according to the Constitution?  He can call the House back into session, and say they can't recess until they vote on the Senate immigration bill that gives him all the funding he needs and more to both secure the border and expedite the hearings.

First part correct, second part false.

Obama has no power to force congress to give him what he wants.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html

Why do I have to post a link for every single challenge? Are you that ignorant of world events?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh–India_border" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh–India_border

And your follow up is that not lot's of people want to get into Russia? You probably really think that's a strong argument.  So much more so if you consider that so many want to come to the U.S.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html

Do we need any money to "seal the border"?  Does Congress have to approve it?  Or do we just send Biden out there with his Bob the Builder hat and a bucket of spackle?

Read the article.  Money has been approved repeatedly, yet it never seems to get done.

i would be in favor of providing whatever additional funding is needed to finish the job.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html

Why do I have to post a link for every single challenge? Are you that ignorant of world events?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh–India_border" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh–India_border

And your follow up is that not lot's of people want to get into Russia? You probably really think that's a strong argument.  So much more so if you consider that so many want to come to the U.S.

Generally speaking it's expected that one back up what they say with evidence. Sorry you don't like that. BTW...."Page not found". Seems to be consistent with the s h i t you post.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh–India_border" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh–India_border

Generally speaking it's expected that one back up what they say with evidence. Sorry you don't like that. BTW...."Page not found". Seems to be consistent with the s h i t you post.

Then do your own research . I posted links. Sorry you can't seem to use them.

you are just an open border zealot unwilling to examine the facts, so, sit in your ignorance and stew.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

What choice does Obama have? How about the choice of enforcing the existing immigration laws? He took an oath that the laws be faithfully executed, even laws he may not agree with.

The crisis is simple: the border needs to be secured.

Obama wants to act by mandating that millions who broke the law and entered the US illegally are now legal. Besides the fact that such unilateral action is beyond his powers as President, that action will make the crisis worse. More illegal immigrants  will head for the border, for a free pass into the US.

With regards to these kids, he is enforcing current law. That law was signed by Bush.  With regards to enforcing other laws regarding adult illegals...deportations are up under the Obama administration. How would you like to go about actually sealing the border?

Increasing enforcement will cost money...Congress doesn't seem to have an appetite for dealing with it...so what is your next suggestion?

Stalkingbutler...I agree with your statement but then what is the solution to this current mess? Just allow it to continue until Congress decides it's time to do something about it? No skin off my nose...but meanwhile the right is going nuts over this issue.

Perhaps the failure to act by Congress is more a deliberate act..designed to perpetuate the crisis in order to push people to the polls.

All I know is I am not voting for a single incumbent this time around.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

+1000000. If only Obama were a strong enough leader to actually take this step!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh–India_border" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh–India_border

you are just an open border zealot unwilling to examine the facts, so, sit in your ignorance and stew.

Hahahahaha...I do enjoy your assumptions. Open border? Yeah no....not a fan of that. Just rational enough to know "sealing" the border from those who are desperate to get into this country just isn't a reality. You're a fool to think it's possible to "seal" out people who are determined to get into this country.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh–India_border" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh–India_border

Hahahahaha...I do enjoy your assumptions. Open border? Yeah no....not a fan of that. Just rational enough to know "sealing" the border from those who are desperate to get into this country just isn't a reality. You're a fool to think it's possible to "seal" out people who are determined to get into this country.

FYI....that there seems to be a glitch in the system with links. you have to click on the beginning(Left side). Still...it's a wikapedia page...so don't get your hopes up...lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

but really..what choice does Obama have at this point?

miscricket, the Constitution isn't a guideline that you are allowed to abide by or not based on the political whims of the day. I don't care how important you believe an issue is, a chief executive who bypasses the law sets an extremely dangerous precedent.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

Tell that to our 2nd President, John Adams. Ever hear of the Alien and Sedition Acts? Those founders sure knew how to ignore the Constitution when it suited their political goals. There really is nothing new under the sun.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html" rel="nofollow">http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/0331yuma-wall0331-ON.html

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh–India_border" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh–India_border

FYI....that there seems to be a glitch in the system with links. you have to click on the beginning(Left side). Still...it's a wikapedia page...so don't get your hopes up...lol

Right, because the wikipedia link is al that is available.  You progressives are annoying Luddites when it comes to doing research.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

First part correct, second part false.

Obama has no power to force congress to give him what he wants.

No, but if he calls the House to an emergency special session and specifically asks for an up or down vote on the bill that already passed the Senate - what could Boehner do?  Either refuse to convene (unconstitutional) refuse to vote (re-enforcing the do-nothing congress mantra), vote yea (Obama wins) or vote nay along party lines (look far right heading into the mid-terms).

Sections
Shortcuts