Obama on using the "Nuclear Option"

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1984-Redux. Show 1984-Redux's posts

Re: Obama on using the "Nuclear Option"

Not a uniter.. a divider of classes and races.
    King George II has nothing to worry about how history defines him.. next to the current TOTUS.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansonbrother. Show Hansonbrother's posts

more whining from neocons?

that's original

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

Of course. When the Left speaks up it's considered voicing their opinion, standing up for what they believe in, etc., etc.. Someone on the Right speaks up about something and it's "whining". Gotcha!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansonbrother. Show Hansonbrother's posts

perhaps if it wasn't a 24-hour whinefest for a year, you might get a little leeway

You lost. Get over it. It's been a year for chrissakes

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansonbrother. Show Hansonbrother's posts

code word for Jews? Is that a joke?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

IT WILL BE THE "BIG O's"  DEMISE.......... GO AHEAD,  "MAKE MY DAY"  !!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansonbrother. Show Hansonbrother's posts

In Response to Re: Obama on using the "Nuclear Option":
    code word for Jews? Is that a joke?
    Posted by Hansonbrother

Holy cow...I did some research. You weren't joking. This theory - that neocon is shorthand for "Jew" - was, apparently, first widely espoused by Rush Limbaugh and William Kristol

What kind of lunacy is this? How many times can you play the victim card before it explodes. How many times do conservatives whine about people using the race card, only to pull the 'religion' card?

What in the f*ck happened to this country?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansonbrother. Show Hansonbrother's posts

In Response to Re: Obama on using the "Nuclear Option" : I just asked a question. You didn't answer it.
    Posted by Newtster

if your question is whether or not I hate Israel and/or Jews and/or if I am a friend of the Palestinian cause, the answer is no. I am a Jew. Bought an Apple IIe with my bar mitzvah money.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

perhaps if it wasn't a 24-hour whinefest for a year, you might get a little leeway You lost. Get over it. It's been a year for chrissakes
    Posted by Hansonbrother

LOL....as opposed to the 24-hour whinefest for EIGHT years by the Dems. Boy do you have one short memory. You guys lost and then lost again. Why didn't YOU get over it? Hell, you guys STILL aren't over it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansonbrother. Show Hansonbrother's posts

In Response to Re: Obama on using the "Nuclear Option" : LOL....as opposed to the 24-hour whinefest for EIGHT years by the Dems. Boy do you have one short memory. You guys lost and then lost again. Why didn't YOU get over it? Hell, you guys STILL aren't over it.
    Posted by hawkeye01

tiny difference - Bush was given a chance. Hell, after 9/11, he had virtually unprecedented support both in Washington and in the nation as a whole

And he blew it disgracefully

you've been whining about Obama since a year before he was elected

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PS911fan. Show PS911fan's posts

In Response to Obama on using the "Nuclear Option":
    "You know, the Founders designed this system, as frustrating it is, to make sure that there's a broad consensus before the country moves forward....I would like to think that this is something that we could sort out...And I think that the way to sort it out would be for this administration to do what every administration previous to this one has done; which is to say, ‘Here are a set of nominees. Let's run them by members of Congress on both sides of the aisle, figure out which of these judges generate the most heat, are considered most out of the extreme, and then let's work out what the list is of judges who in fact can gain some bipartisan support.’ I mean, that's what every president has done up until this point.” “And what we have now is a president who has decided, you know, ‘I've gotten 95 percent of my appointees, but there are these 10 that I want just because I want them.’ Hasn't gotten his way. And that is now prompting, you know, a change in the Senate rules that really I think would change the character of the Senate forever.” “And what I worry about would be you essentially have still two chambers -- the House and the Senate -- but you have simply majoritarian absolute power on either side, and that's just not what the founders intended,” Can you spell FLAMING HYPOCRITE??????
    Posted by Newtster

Newster has been caught in the same lie as i mentioned in another post.....the nuclear option as he speaks of that Obama did not agree with has NOTHING to do with reconciliation.....

here's Hannity telling the big lie on video 

http://www.dailykos.com/tv/w/002577/

n fact, Reid, Obama, and Clinton did not oppose the use of reconciliation, the process through which major Bush initiatives such as his tax cuts and higher education reform were passed. The senators were actually speaking out against a Republican effort to eliminate the filibuster in the middle of a session of the U.S. Senate. It had nothing to do with reconciliation, which was used twice in 2005 without any objections from Reid, Obama, or Clinton.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to Re: Obama on using the "Nuclear Option" : tiny difference - Bush was given a chance. Hell, after 9/11, he had virtually unprecedented support both in Washington and in the nation as a whole And he blew it disgracefully you've been whining about Obama since a year before he was elected
    Posted by Hansonbrother

He did have support in regards to 9/11. No doubt. But before and after that he did not. The Left was reeling over the election. They were foaming at the mouth about the "stolen" election. He wasn't given a chance at all. The Left relented a bit after 9/11, but that was only because of patriotism towards the country, not towards supporting Bush himself.
    You guys whined about the stolen election for...well....you guys still do so we're talking 10 years now. When are you going to get over it? Then you whined when you lost again to him. You guys STILL aren't over it. So enough with whining about Reps "whining"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansonbrother. Show Hansonbrother's posts

In Response to Re: Obama on using the "Nuclear Option" : He did have support in regards to 9/11. No doubt. But before and after that he did not. \
    Posted by hawkeye01

How can you still not get this? The reason he lost support is because, and history has proven this beyond a shadow of a doubt, he was a disaster. Iraq, the economy, etc. He took an 8-year steaming dump on this country, and even in the midst of that was given a chance when the chips were down

stop pretending like it was partisan about Bush. He was an unmitigated disaster.

You whine about obama because there's a "d" after his name. If only you had that same low bar when it came to fraudulently invading foreign countries

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to Re: Obama on using the "Nuclear Option" : How can you still not get this? The reason he lost support is because, and history has proven this beyond a shadow of a doubt, he was a disaster. Iraq, the economy, etc. He took an 8-year steaming dump on this country, and even in the midst of that was given a chance when the chips were down stop pretending like it was partisan about Bush. He was an unmitigated disaster. You whine about obama because there's a "d" after his name. If only you had that same low bar when it came to fraudulently invading foreign countries
    Posted by Hansonbrother

It's you that doesn't seem to grasp it. But that ok I expected that. Especially since you keep saying that I whine about Obama, which I've never done. Not one post from me where I whine about Obama.
    No, it wasn't partisan with Bush at all....lol

Another reason you don't get it is that it wasn't me who invaded a foreign country. You seem to not grasp that it was Bush who did that. Wasn't me. I thought going into Iraq was a mistake from day 1. But you continue with your incorrect assumptions. One day you might actually get one right

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

FACT: the nuclear option was introduced in 05 under a republican majority to seat gw judicial nominees.  So, nice revison of history.  Also, since 1981, reconcilliation has been used 22 times and 16 by the republicans.   The truth hurts that way... OOPS!
    Posted by aces1

That stands to reason given that the Reps have been in the white house 20 out of the last 29 years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12angrymen. Show 12angrymen's posts

That stands to reason given that the Reps have been in the white house 20 out of the last 29 years.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's the Congress who would invoke the 'nuclear option' not the president so this post makes no sense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

That stands to reason given that the Reps have been in the white house 20 out of the last 29 years. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's the Congress who would invoke the 'nuclear option' not the president so this post makes no sense.
    Posted by 12angrymen

Right because the president has no influence whatsoever.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12angrymen. Show 12angrymen's posts

The trickery involved in the Democrats using the reconciliation process would have you howling mad if it were a Republican doing it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Actually what has me howling....laughing is the wingnuts crying foul over reconcilliation. Talk about hypocrisy. Quit the whinning already

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12angrymen. Show 12angrymen's posts

If Obama wants to resort to the insanity of amending a bill that does not exist then he can go ahead and try.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    What the heck are you talking about?
    There are two bills, one passed by the House, one by the Senate. The reconcilliation process is used to reconcile these two into a law, end of story.