Obama pleads for Rice... what total cr@p he spews.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Re: Obama pleads for Rice... what total cr@p he spews.

Republicans are fishing for a scandal they can use to bog President Obama down and diminish his effectiveness.  McCain's and Graham's exaggerated outrage at Susan Rice's statements is a Republican effort to cobble together a political Gulf of Tonkin they can flog and flog on Faux News, Limbaugh, et al. to distract attention from the task at hand, which is: ending the Bush tax cuts for the top 2% of earners, and jobs legislation. 

Republicans continue to make it abundantly clear they would rather see America fail than work with President Obama.

And no matter how hard he tries to shake it, McCain's "legacy" will forever be Sarah Palin.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

"This president and this administration has either been guilty of colossal incompetence or engaged in a cover-up," McCain said. He added, "This attack clearly could have been prevented." 

There are no facts to back this statement up.  It is total cr@p being spewed.  McCain should be ashamed of himself.  Politicizing a tragedy is bad for the country.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to NO MO O's comment:
    [QUOTE]

sooo it could NOT have been prevented?

There was NO advance intelligence?

There were NO requests for additional security?

Is that what you are saying my friend?

How funny..

There was NO protest on that day.

Libya declared it a terror attack the next day

So 5 days after the attack the US had NO knowledge that this was a preplanned terror attack and Rice sang her video song?

It's been 9 weeks... and the president says NOTHING.

A disgrace.

[/QUOTE]

Where are your facts?  You pretend that questions are facts.  They are not. This is shameful second guessing.  I expect it from someone who gets their "information" from Fox News and is prejudiced aganst all things Obama.  But McCain and Graham should know better.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Rice presented the same information that intelligence had provided to the White House and Congress.  McCain and Graham are shamefully attacking someone for relaying the same information they had at the time.  If nothing else this would appear to be a strong signal that the GOP is opposed to Rice heading up State, which is fine, but don't smear her with claims that are widely known to be BS.  She was asked to present the findings and she did and as it turns out the information she had was not accurate, but for people who viewed her appearances she was careful to note each time that the investigation was ongoing and new details would likely emerge.  She merely reported the information available at the time, not a comprehensive review that was represented as final and definative. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jackbu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

obviously she was reporting from intelligence reports.  I watched her on the talk shows that Sunday and she handled herself well.  We can split hairs on what premeditation is and how much security should have been at the embassy.  Keep in mind that Ryan cut the embassy security budget.

Bottom line is that these things will happen.  We aren't able to keep people from being killed on our own streets, never mind in the streets around the world.

[/QUOTE]

Jack,

Most respectfully..

There's a difference between protecting all our folks over seas AND ignoring repeated desperate pleas for security in one of the most dangerous places in the middle east.

Ryan is not directly responsible as commander in chief who has no problem going around congress through policy changes.

You focus on preventative measures.

I focus on response... which may well have been intentionally denied. Time will tell. After all it was an election year....

I was unaware that we have ever had a budget.. since Obama took office. Was there?

If not.. why not?

[/QUOTE]

Putting aside the fact that two of the four Americans killed were part of a rescue mission, do you have a theory as to why Obama or anybody at the CIA would want to deny the Ambassador aid?  Was he sleeping with Paula Broadwell?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to DamainAllen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rice presented the same information that intelligence had provided to the White House and Congress.  McCain and Graham are shamefully attacking someone for relaying the same information they had at the time.  If nothing else this would appear to be a strong signal that the GOP is opposed to Rice heading up State, which is fine, but don't smear her with claims that are widely known to be BS.  She was asked to present the findings and she did and as it turns out the information she had was not accurate, but for people who viewed her appearances she was careful to note each time that the investigation was ongoing and new details would likely emerge.  She merely reported the information available at the time, not a comprehensive review that was represented as final and definative. 

[/QUOTE]

Sir, That "information" was total political higwash driven by political perspectives.

No demonstration on 9/11 was ever conducted at the embassy.  NONE

Rice was the messenger for Obama. I got that.

I don't shoot messengers.. even if they lie their face off to Congress, the UN and the world.

Is our government so incompetent (or crooked) as not to know the truth weeks after the event?

I say no. They did know what the world now knows. This was a coverup is the only plausible explanation.  

[/QUOTE]

You don't know the truth.  I wil believe the folks who have actual access to intelligence over right wing ideologues looking to score political points.  There is no evidence of a crime here.  No evidence of wrongdoing.  Except by the people who initiated the attack. If you have evidence: show it or shut up already. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to DamainAllen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sir, That "information" was total political higwash driven by political perspectives.

No demonstration on 9/11 was ever conducted at the embassy.  NONE

Rice was the messenger for Obama. I got that.

I don't shoot messengers.. even if they lie their face off to Congress, the UN and the world.

Is our government so incompetent (or crooked) as not to know the truth weeks after the event?

I say no. They did know what the world now knows. This was a coverup is the only plausible explanation.  

[/QUOTE]

Sir, your opinion has very little credibility given your apparent disdain for the president which appears to color your thinking moreso than say, facts or reality.  Second, in the context of the Benghazi attack we had protests in other Middle Eastern locations and all were explicitly connected to the video that was seen as inflamatory, and because this is important it was not the White House making that claim, the CIA was.  

The CIA provided the following assessment on 9/15, which had previously been provided to the Admin and other Congrssional leaders:

“The currently available information suggests that the demonstrations in Benghazi were spontaneously inspired by the protests at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo and evolved into a direct assault against the U.S. Consulate and subsequently its annex. There are indications that extremists participated in the violent demonstrations.”

Rice's representations to the press were based on this information provided by the CIA. 

By September 19th, intelligence had determined the attack was not spontaneous and was a terrorist action and that information was then provided to the press.  Not weeks after, but in fact 8 days after.  Is 8 days too long?  Maybe.  But given that the investigation was a coordinated effort by several different organizations the lag isn't surprising.  Ultimately the question people need to ask themselves is do they want information fast or do they want it correct.  The two are not the same, and fast may indeed be correct, but without validating evidence and following procedure we face the prospect of getting things wrong. 

As for a cover up, you guys think everything is a cover up, when your suspicions aren't confirmed.  To that point you have no credibility but I am sure you will keep singing that same song, just like how you were ABOSULTELY CERTAIN the election was going to be a huge landslide and takeover - even though there was no factual basis to think that, just like you were convinced an improved jobs report was clearly cooked - even though there was no factual basis to think that - the point being you like to fire and then aim and as a result you are always wrong.  So wrong.  Like the opposite of what you said happened occurred.  Full on, no doubt about it, turn around 180 degress, flat out wrong. 

Rational people would see this as a problem, but clearly being wrong isn't a concern, so I have to assume you like traffic in innuendo and lies simply because you think it hurts the president or at a minimum makes you feel better about yourself.  But yeah, being wrong so often just confirms your willful ignorance of reality and the idea that even after getting your electoral backside swatted you still prefer the comfort of the bubble. 

I eagerly await your drive by few lines of sarcasm in response, complete with some derogatory comment about the President, and perhaps even another suggestion of conspiracy. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

John McCain is a bitter old man...the "Crankshaft" of the U.S. Congress.

His opinion means very little to me any more as he's devolved into just another party shill, and I don't recognize the guy I supported in 2000 who was railroaded by the Rove Smear Train.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

John McCain is a bitter old man...the "Crankshaft" of the U.S. Congress.

His opinion means very little to me any more as he's devolved into just another party shill, and I don't recognize the guy I supported in 2000 who was railroaded by the Rove Smear Train.

[/QUOTE]

McCain a party shill?  I thought he was the one republican liberals could vote for, but did not.

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts