Obama Recovery: Q4 GDP goes negative

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from doozy-day. Show doozy-day's posts

Re: Obama Recovery: Q4 GDP goes negative

In response to jmel's comment:

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

When Obama talks about taxes, conservatives site "uncertainty" as harming the economy.

When Republicans keep taking the country hostage to try to advance their goes, "uncertainty" does not harm the economy.

Typical

(QUOTE)

Was this post written in English?

I think what you`re trying to say is, it`s the "Republican`s fault".  Well guess what..........it isn`t.   It`s a complete lack of leadership from an incompetent that still, after 4 years, is unqualified for the job and proves it every day.  The Senate can`t pass a budget in 4 years, Nobody knows what obamacare disasters lie ahead, and Nobody knows where taxes are going.  Can you blame corporations and job creators for not expanding and laying people off?  Nobody is spending money, companies are keeping their capital overseas, and the $16 trillion in debt is quickly approaching $17 trillion.

Wait until we see Q1 numbers, they will be worse.  2 consecutive quarters of negative GDP and we have a recession folks.  Informed voters knew this and saw it coming back in November.  

for the past two months I've been doing everything I can to conserve my wealth, knowing that my wages are going to be taxed more.  I've reduced my credit card debt, increased my emergency savings, and began cutting as much out of my household budget as possible.

Also, goiong out to eat less, cancelled the family vacation, decided to limp along with our current vehicles for the near-future, and basically tried to reduce my current cashflow and expenses.

My health insurance increased 9% this year, 2% SS tax increase, gas still at $3.50 per gallon, my property taxes increased 8% this year, Deval is talking about tax increases aup the wazzoo.

Let's just say that I'm not is a "SPENDING-STATE-OF-MIND"

Just another day in pardise

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to doozy-day's comment:

for the past two months I've been doing everything I can to conserve my wealth, knowing that my wages are going to be taxed more.  I've reduced my credit card debt, increased my emergency savings, and began cutting as much out of my household budget as possible.

Also, goiong out to eat less, cancelled the family vacation, decided to limp along with our current vehicles for the near-future, and basically tried to reduce my current cashflow and expenses.

My health insurance increased 9% this year, 2% SS tax increase, gas still at $3.50 per gallon, my property taxes increased 8% this year, Deval is talking about tax increases aup the wazzoo.

Let's just say that I'm not is a "SPENDING-STATE-OF-MIND"

Just another day in pardise

That is the sentiment that is over whelming the USA with consumers, corporations and small business.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

They disagree with Obama's ends, so when Obama talks about the rich paying what they did under Clinton, BDC conservatives say "oh, that's creating uncertainty that hurts the economy. Bad Obama."

But when Republicans take things like the debt ceiling hostage, BDC conservatives say, "oh, that's creating uncertainty. But I like what they're doing. Bad Obama" 

Begins with "H" and ends with "Y"

Are you really this dense?

The Clinton tax rates were during an economic boom not a recession!

It's congresses job to approve or disapprove any raise in the debt ceiling. It's part of the "checks and balances" to do so without any scrutiny or discussion on how to avoid a future of just continually raising it every year is not only prudent but, to not have it would be irresponsible!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

"twist and shout"

lol what a tool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

They disagree with Obama's ends, so when Obama talks about the rich paying what they did under Clinton, BDC conservatives say "oh, that's creating uncertainty that hurts the economy. Bad Obama."

But when Republicans take things like the debt ceiling hostage, BDC conservatives say, "oh, that's creating uncertainty. But I like what they're doing. Bad Obama"

Begins with "H" and ends with "Y"

[QUOTE]

Are you really this dense?

The Clinton tax rates were during an economic boom not a recession!

It's congresses job to approve or disapprove any raise in the debt ceiling. It's part of the "checks and balances" to do so without any scrutiny or discussion on how to avoid a future of just continually raising it every year is not only prudent but, to not have it would be irresponsible!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to portfilio's comment:

Corporate Profits Have Grown By 171 Percent Under ‘Anti-Business’ Obama

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2013/01/17/1461871/corporate-profits-anti-business-obama/

U.S. corporations’ after-tax profits have grown by 171 percent under Obama, more than under any president since World War II

Profits are more than twice as high as their peak during President Ronald Reagan’s administration

You were saying ?????

Right.  Because all of Obama's buddies floated bonds, cooked the books, issued special dividents to beat the cap gains tax increase.  This shows up in the books as dividends, which are paid out of after tax profits.

YOU were saying?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

Historical GDP continues to trend upward since President Obama originally righted the capsized S.S. GOP George W. Bush, which he inherited on Jan 20, 2009.

It always takes longer to clean up a mess than it takes to make it.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Dec. 31, 2012 15.83T
    Sept. 30, 2012 15.81T
    June 30, 2012 15.59T
    March 31, 2012 15.48T
    Dec. 31, 2011 15.32T
    Sept. 30, 2011 15.16T
    June 30, 2011 15.00T
    March 31, 2011 14.81T
    Dec. 31, 2010 14.74T
    Sept. 30, 2010 14.58T
    June 30, 2010 14.41T
    March 31, 2010 14.27T
    Dec. 31, 2009 14.13T
    Sept. 30, 2009 13.95T
    June 30, 2009 13.89T
    March 31, 2009 13.92T
    Dec. 31, 2008 14.08T
    Sept. 30, 2008 14.40T

http://www.bea.gov/national/index.htm#gdp

Source: The United States Departmetn of Commerce's Bureau of Economic Analysis

So, are you saying Obama has nothing to do with GDP?

Actually, he has less to do with it than you might think.

Generally speaking, just population growth increases GDP:  people need food, diapers, etc.

If you really want to examime GDP, look at GDP per capita.  My recollection is was bout 2.5% during the Bush years, and has been running about 1% under the Obama years.  What that tells you is, that, generally speaking, we are doing less than half as good as we were doing under Bush, which was low.

The GDP is artifically inflated because it does not take into account borrowing.  That is how the formula works, so before you all come unglued and say that formula is what it is, might I remind you about the lessons we have learned discussing the U-3 and U-6.  Formulas make some basic assumptions, and with the GDP, the basic assumption is NOT chronic, massive borrowing.  so, the GDP is not really measuring what is going on as accurately as it should.

If you really want to see where we are in a "real" GDP sense, you would need to subtract @40% from the government spending part of the equation, as this money is not earned, but borrowe from future years.  This would bring the entire number down so that the" real" domestic product would be even more negative.  You would need to shave about a trillion off the 15 trillion number.  

Where does that leave us?  With a smaller economy than in the Bush years for each and every Obama year. The Obama economy is smaller.  On this alone his polices have failed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to jmel's comment:

You brought up Clinton because you think that going back to those rates will fix everything and bring "certainty" to the economy

Allright. You always used to be a heated a55hole who insults everyone he hasn't identified as a conservative, but this is really taking things too far.

LMAO Hey pot meet kettle

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

" "They disagree with Obama's ends, so when Obama talks about the rich paying what they did under Clinton, BDC conservatives say "oh, that's creating uncertainty that hurts the economy. Bad Obama.""

Tomorrow morning - by which time I hope you will have sobered up - try reading the words that aren't underlined.

[QUOTE]

The BOLD and CLEAR difference is the Clinton tax rates were during the tech bubble and economic activity was booming with good growth.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<New Flash>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We are not in an economic boom!! We have an economy that has been stagnant the last 4 years and now we may be headed into another recession!!

Get it?

As Obama himself said "raising taxes during troubled economic times is a mistake"!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.