Obama Regime's Justice Dept to Investigate Parade Float in small Nebraska town that mocked Dear Leader

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Obama Regime's Justice Dept to Investigate Parade Float in small Nebraska town that mocked Dear Leader

Free Countries Mock Their Presidents......Sharp and cynical denunciations of the executive branch have long been a feature of American life. No more, apparently . No doubt the Democrats would like to censor such healthy mockery of their political leaders......

The “controversial float” in question was one of many included in this year’s Independence Day parade in Norfolk, Neb. The entry, which featured a zombie standing on an outhouse marked “Obama Presidential Library,” was created by a veteran named Dale Remmich, and was designed, Remmich claims, to express the “political disgust” that he feels at the Obama administration’s mismanagement of the Department of Veteran Affairs. As is the habit now, pictures of the float were quickly pushed around the Internet, attracting the attention and disapprobation of such august institutions as the Washington Post, CBS, ABC, and the Huffington Post — and, it seems, the interest of the United States Department of Justice. This week, the World-Herald reports, the DOJ “sent a member of its Community Relations Service team, which gets involved in discrimination disputes, to a Thursday meeting about the issue.” Present at the summit were the NAACP, the mayor of the Nebraska town in which the float was displayed, and the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, which sponsored the event.

The DOJ can spare resources, even though it must be very busy investigating massive abuses against citizens' political beliefs by the IRS ..wait, never mind, it isnt....rather it is piling on intimidating citizens political expressions...

Now for the obvious question: Why? What, exactly, was the problem here? Nobody was killed. Nobody was maimed. Nobody had their material or spiritual interests injured, nor were they stripped of their livelihoods. No federal or state laws were broken. Indeed, not even private rules were broken. More to the point, there was no “discrimination dispute” of the sort with which the DOJ likes to concern itself. Instead, a few free people were vexed because a politician that they like was depicted in an unflattering light. One might well ask, “So what?” Once, Americans tackled the Oregon Trail. Are they now in need of their political “discussions” being arbitrated by glorified social workers sent by Uncle Sam?

In a typically risible statement, Nebraska’s state Democratic party described the incident as one of the “worst shows of racism and disrespect for the office of the presidency that Nebraska has ever seen.” That this is almost certainly true demonstrates just how much progress the United States has made in the last 50 years — and, in consequence, how extraordinarily difficult the professionally aggrieved are finding it to fill their quotas. If a fairly standard old saw is among the worst things to have happened to the Cornhusker State in recent memory, the country is in rather good shape, n’est-ce pas?

Exactly what it was about the float that rendered it “racist” was, of course, never explained. Instead, the assertion was merely thrown into the ether, ready to be accepted uncritically by the legions of righteously indignant keyboard warriors that lurk around social media as piranhas around a fresh carcass. But, for future reference at least, it would be nice to have the details of the offense unpacked. Are outhouses racist now? Are zombies? Or was it perhaps the overalls in which the zombie was dressed? Moreover, if any of these are now redolent of something sinister, at what point was this association held to be operative? A popular cartoon from 2006 depicted a latrine standing in the middle of the desert, on its outer wall the words “Bush Presidential Library.” Was this “racist,” or is this one of those timeless truths that were only discovered in 2009?'

Left wing protesters against George Bush in cities routinely pararded around with Bush's mask in a noose....were their DOJ investigators trailing this "disrespect for the office of the presidency"?Did they ask for a 'summit'?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Re: Obama Regime's Justice Dept to Investigate Parade Float in small Nebraska town that mocked Dear Leader

Well I ran a google image search for "Obama Presidential Library" and "Dale Remmich" and came up with a whole lot of this:

I'm not directly aware of any racist overall connotations, though it is odd that they put farmer's gear on a lawyer/professor/senator/president....    

I think Mr. Remmich did a much better job with this:

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Re: Obama Regime's Justice Dept to Investigate Parade Float in small Nebraska town that mocked Dear Leader

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:

I'm not directly aware of any racist overall connotations, though it is odd that they put farmer's gear on a lawyer/professor/senator/president....    

What an odd remark on your part.....were they required to purchase a new suit for the zombie dummy, to be politically correct ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

Interesting choice of thread subject ... especially in light of how CLC's delicate sensibilities get tweaked when I refer to former a wingnut prez as Ronnie-raygun or baby-Bush.

Just a tad bit of projection going on CLC?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to high-road's comment:

Interesting choice of thread subject ... especially in light of how CLC's delicate sensibilities get tweaked when I refer to former a wingnut prez as Ronnie-raygun or baby-Bush.

Point being, I do not think the federal Government Department of Justice should send a representative of its Community Relations Service Team to have a 'summit' with you, for your written disrespect of the former Presidents...feel free to come up with any silly nickname you want....though, the outhouse idea is more witty than your lame efforts...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

Point being, I do not think the federal Government Department of Justice should send a representative of its Community Relations Service Team to have a 'summit' with you, for your written disrespect of the former Presidents...feel free to come up with any silly nickname you want....though, the outhouse idea is more witty than your lame efforts...

What is it about gov't agencies doing their jobs ... you know, upholding their oath of office ... that get's your panties so twisted?

This is what the Community Relations Service does, it's in their job description.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

What an odd remark on your part.....were they required to purchase a new suit for the zombie dummy, to be politically correct ?

Why is it an odd comment? Presumably they had to purchase whatever they put on it...so....what's the thinking behind overalls?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

What is it about gov't agencies doing their jobs ... you know, upholding their oath of office ... that get's your panties so twisted?

This is what the Community Relations Service does, it's in their job description.

Apparently the basic 'job description' for all the federal agencies, IRS, EPA, Justice Dept., FCC, FEC is now winnowed down to :  "harass the President's political enemies..."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Why is it an odd comment? Presumably they had to purchase whatever they put on it...so....what's the thinking behind overalls?

I doubt they purchased clothes to put on a dummy...probably found one already dressed, from a Halloween shop or just lying around... 

So, better send a notice quickly to the highly rated "Walking Dead" cable show...

BULLETIN: all black zombies portrayed in the show must wear ties and suits, lest you be accused of racism...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Just don't make fun of his ears. He hates that.

also, teh racism.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

Apparently the basic 'job description' for all the federal agencies, IRS, EPA, Justice Dept., FCC, FEC is now winnowed down to :  "harass the President's political enemies..."

Again with the projection ...

Obviously you have become one of those you ridicule so often ... the 'professionally aggrieved'.

Hilarious!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Well I ran a google image search for "Obama Presidential Library" and "Dale Remmich" and came up with a whole lot of this:

I think Mr. Remmich did a much better job with this:

Did the Dept. of Justice go after him for that?

Seems like that goes right over your head.

WOOOSH!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Denigrating the President with bottom feeding toilet imagery?  Welcome to the Tea Party's version of 'patriotism' on the 4th of July.

The Odd Fellows members in the community I grew up in wouldn't have allowed such a disrespectful float.  Its sad to see this chapter pandering to these redneck fools.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:

Denigrating the President with bottom feeding toilet imagery?  Welcome to the Tea Party's version of 'patriotism' on the 4th of July.

The Odd Fellows members in the community I grew up in wouldn't have allowed such a disrespectful float.  Its sad to see this chapter pandering to these redneck fools.

So you are glad that your Government, like tinhorn dictatorships worldwide,  harasses political opponents, because you dont like a joke they make at the Dear Leader's expense...

"Disrespectful" of the President , can't have that.. so the 2006 cartoon of the Bush Presidential Library as an outhouse, the cartoonist should have been visited by federal Government bureaucrats and forced to attend a "summit" with those who supported George Bush....Sure.

And of course, leftist protesters with George Bush's head in a noose wasnt 'disrespectful' was it? ..nor was a play attended by many snooty libs, about the assassination of Bush...

Liberals just cant wait to get rid of that pesky First Amendment!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:

Did the Dept. of Justice go after him for that?

Seems like that goes right over your head.

WOOOSH!

From the OP: "the DOJ “sent a member of its Community Relations Service team, which gets involved in discrimination disputes, to a Thursday meeting about the issue."

They sent one person to a meeting.

Let me know when they do something I should care about.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..............

..............OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,...............

................OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.................

H

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Also, have a sense of humor on me. The Clinton one was funny.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

So you are glad that your Government, like tinhorn dictatorships worldwide,  harasses political opponents, because you dont like a joke they make at the Dear Leader's expense...

"Disrespectful" of the President , can't have that.. so the 2006 cartoon of the Bush Presidential Library as an outhouse, the cartoonist should have been visited by federal Government bureaucrats and forced to attend a "summit" with those who supported George Bush....Sure.

And of course, leftist protesters with George Bush's head in a noose wasnt 'disrespectful' was it? ..nor was a play attended by many snooty libs, about the assassination of Bush...

I don't recall.....Were the derogatory Bush images trotted down Main St of Anytown, USA during a 4th of July parade?  Or were they just cartoonists and protesters not involved in any community event whatsoever?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Also, have a sense of humor on me. The Clinton one was funny.

OK, I'll give you the sense of humor. It was funny.

In the spirit of humor, I'll focus on that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

I don't recall.....Were the derogatory Bush images trotted down Main St of Anytown, USA during a 4th of July parade?  Or were they just cartoonists and protesters not involved in any community event whatsoever?

Awww, did it hurt your feelings? How dare the Odd Fellows allow a  joke at the expense of Dear Leader, at a parade, no less... July 4th, only praise for Dear Leader is allowed....

Otherwise a harmless federal bureaucrat will attend a "summit" in a small town for which the evil Odd Fellows will be put in their place....just one harmless Justice Dept bureaucrat from DC..the,um "Community Relations Service Team".....what harm could he do? And heck, maybe the IRS will coincidentally look into the Odd Fellows nonprofit status...and the emails regarding this will be lost, by accident...

The Odd Fellows have already caved, no more making fun of our Leaders, specifically sensitive Democrats....

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Ok, CLC and Hansori, i will begin planning a march on Washington over the assumption that sending one dude to a meeting will result in the IRS targetting of this group and who knows what else.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

The zombie dummy supposedly represented Remick. The outhouse is supposedly the Obama presidential library.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

Or the hanging Bush in effigy in San Fran?

my recollection is that the battle cry was it was protected free speech.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to ronreganfan's comment:

my recollection is that the battle cry was it was protected free speech.

It was. They charge anyone, and I'm marching with you.

How's them apples?

Sections
Shortcuts