Obama sues Az for enforcing immigration laws, but refuses to sue states that set up sanctuary cities???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaySev2010. Show JaySev2010's posts

Re: Obama sues Az for enforcing immigration laws, but refuses to sue states that set up sanctuary cities???

In Response to Re: Obama sues Az for enforcing immigration laws, but refuses to sue states that set up sanctuary cities???:
    Bush didn't defend the borders, Obama isn't defending the borders.  One side is arguing about ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION the other side is just arguing about IMMIGRATION... circles, circles, circles.. no wonder we get nowhere.
    Posted by Scraptus

The thing is if you fix the problems with immigration, then you will get a lot more people like me to support stronger immigration reforms.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

Re: Obama sues Az for enforcing immigration laws, but refuses to sue states that set up sanctuary cities???

In Response to Re: Obama sues Az for enforcing immigration laws, but refuses to sue states that set up sanctuary cities???:
    As someone who deals with the US immigration system often, I can say it is pretty terrible and inhumane as is. This law is going to make things worse.
    Posted by JaySev2010

Try dealing with almost any other country in the Western Hemisphere! Try Mexico for instance. Then come back and tell me how bad we are.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Re: Obama sues Az for enforcing immigration laws, but refuses to sue states that set up sanctuary cities??? : If that were easier I think you would see far less resistance to reforms. Especially in cases like mine. As a citizen who married an immigant, why not just make the green card or even citenzship automatic. Why force people like me to be separated from my own wife for months while waiting for paper work. Sure there are going to be cases of people who do it for the green card. But it is so hard to do on a massive scale (in each instance it requires the work of one american to bring in just one immigrant), and the person doing it is wasting three years of his or her life married to that person. In my case, it was nothing like this anyways. We are trying to build a life together and the government makes something as simple as having her family over for important events like births, immensely difficult. Actually up to this point they've made it impossible. To bring in a family member from overseas, you need to demonstrate you have enough money in the bank to take care of that person. The problem is, I, like lots of people, don't have the money in the bank. I don't have my expenses hoarded up in the bank for the next 3-6 months of time. We are living paycheck to paycheck, and our intention is to live more cheaply when her family stays with us. But government forms don't see that. They can only see if you have the amount that qaulifies you. This is why I can sympathize with the grandmother who comes here illegally to see her children (wouldn't you do the same if you grandchildren were in another country you couldn't enter legally?) It is why I can sympathize with many illegals, because I understad how frustrating the process is, and how it doesn't see people and situations. Its just about black and white regulations that make little to no sense, and often seem more about nickle and diming people that giving them a chance to experience the American dream.
    Posted by JaySev2010

So you are not talking about her family coming to visit. You are talking about them coming and living here? And just because their daughter is here they should get to the front of the line?
    I have a friend who's parents just left after a 3 month visit. They had no issues not being allowed to stay in a foreign country indefinitely. They went back to their European home country.
    Sorry. I disagree. Laws must be black and white otherwise cops would be listening to sob stories all day long.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Re: Obama sues Az for enforcing immigration laws, but refuses to sue states that set up sanctuary cities??? : The thing is if you fix the problems with immigration, then you will get a lot more people like me to support stronger immigration reforms.
    Posted by JaySev2010

What is your "fix"? What do we do with the 30+ million here illegally today?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaySev2010. Show JaySev2010's posts

In Response to Re: Obama sues Az for enforcing immigration laws, but refuses to sue states that set up sanctuary cities??? : Try dealing with almost any other country in the Western Hemisphere! Try Mexico for instance. Then come back and tell me how bad we are.
    Posted by brat13

Mexico is one of the worst countries in terms of immigration policy. Just because they are bad, doesn't mean we should be too. And I am not opposed to strong enforcement if the existing laws make it easier to obtain visas and get through the process. Right now, if you are a from a non-European country, getting into the US is very, very difficult. But hey, I thought the right was "pro-immigration
    " and just "anti-illegal immigration". You talk to them long enough it becomes clear where they stand.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaySev2010. Show JaySev2010's posts

In Response to Re: Obama sues Az for enforcing immigration laws, but refuses to sue states that set up sanctuary cities??? : So you are not talking about her family coming to visit. You are talking about them coming and living here? And just because their daughter is here they should get to the front of the line? I have a friend who's parents just left after a 3 month visit. They had no issues not being allowed to stay in a foreign country indefinitely. They went back to their European home country. Sorry. I disagree. Laws must be black and white otherwise cops would be listening to sob stories all day long.
    Posted by brat13

I am talking about her family coming to visit, and I am talking about the possibility of having the mother stay. I am not saying she sshould be given a green card right away, but applying for one should be a possibility. My biggest issue is we can't even have them visit (your friends from Europe are treated differently than people from her country, even coming here to visit is an ordeal). But yes, I would like for family members to have an easier time coming to the country. Laws can contain exceptions and be black and white still. Like I said if the basic laws were more human and less rigid, I would be more in favor of enforcing them. Look it is very simple. There are people like myself who are prepared to jump on board with stronger enforcement of immigration law, if the laws themselves make allowances for things like family and if obtaining a visa for family members becomes more maneagle.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow3. Show whatnow3's posts

Reuben-

Here is the issue with yoru argument, STATES DO ENFORCE OUR IMMIGRATION LAWS.

They have been for a long time.  Some where trained by ICE to assist them. 

Under Bush, many states trained staties to enforce our laws.  The argument is bogus. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsATravesty. Show ItsATravesty's posts

In Response to Re: Obama sues Az for enforcing immigration laws, but refuses to sue states that set up sanctuary cities??? : Giving the police more authority to stretch the law and intefere with individuals and their rights goes against my libertarian sensibilities.  The law is a problem in this regard.  But the main problem is the jurisdictional issues.  Immigration is a Federal matter: leave it to the Feds and their expertise and training.
    Posted by Reubenhop

They've proven their ability to ignore the laws for decades.
    Lets allow the feds to continue their stellar track record.
    Ignoring law enforcement should be a crime but .. it also would be ignored.

Curious.. what rights are guaranteed if they break into the country?
    Nothing wrong with the law.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: Obama sues Az for enforcing immigration laws, but refuses to sue states that set up sanctuary cities??? : Proud of your ignorance? 
    Posted by WhatIsItNow

Oh, I think it is the progressives who are displaying their ignorance, protesting the racism in this law without even reading it.

Common sense eludes you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: Obama sues Az for enforcing immigration laws, but refuses to sue states that set up sanctuary cities??? : What is your "fix"? What do we do with the 30+ million here illegally today?
    Posted by brat13

Enforce the requirement to be here legally to work, and the transportation industry would expereince a boom as the illegals return home.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsATravesty. Show ItsATravesty's posts

In Response to Re: Obama sues Az for enforcing immigration laws, but refuses to sue states that set up sanctuary cities??? : Enforce the requirement to be here legally to work, and the transportation industry would expereince a boom as the illegals return home.
    Posted by skeeter20

Catapults might be more cost effective....

Still wonder if states have ANY recourse for the feds refusing to enforce laws which jeopardize American citizens.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Re: Obama sues Az for enforcing immigration laws, but refuses to sue states that set up sanctuary cities??? : Mexico is one of the worst countries in terms of immigration policy. Just because they are bad, doesn't mean we should be too. And I am not opposed to strong enforcement if the existing laws make it easier to obtain visas and get through the process. Right now, if you are a from a non-European country, getting into the US is very, very difficult. But hey, I thought the right was "pro-immigration " and just "anti-illegal immigration". You talk to them long enough it becomes clear where they stand.
    Posted by JaySev2010

I am pro-immigrant. Legal only though. I have no issues with the current quota system. It is more difficult to get here because we have seen too many come on visa's and stay longer. I would be OK with increasing visa's if we have true reform.
    1. Seal the borders.
    2. End anchor baby.
    3. Heavy fine for any company found to employ illegals.
    4. Prison for CEO/President/Owner of company in #2
    5. Implant GPS chips into all entering the country on temporary visa's etc.
    6. No "in state" tuition for anyone not US citizen
    7. Health Insurance MUST be maintained and paid for by immigrant or company.
    8. All presently in the US illegally get at the back of the line in their own country.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: Obama sues Az for enforcing immigration laws, but refuses to sue states that set up sanctuary cities??? : Fuc! you. Fuc! you pal. You are just an as!-hole.
    Posted by JaySev2010

Classic discussion of the "problem" the whiner brought up. Another case of making his problem as a  result of your choices, and trying to turn it into a national problem. 

Keep on whining! Cinch your woobie up tighter underr your little chin so you won ';t catch a chill!

You should have married American! Now, with that being said, when are you going to move to the spouse's country? You know, to make it all "right" with the world? You have to have priorities. Is it: having your spouses at your beck and call 24/7 (LEGALLY), or your own selfish motivations for NOT wanting to live in another country? I guess love DOES have some boiunds.

BTW, keey the cussing to your obvious daily life.

LMFAO! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: Obama sues Az for enforcing immigration laws, but refuses to sue states that set up sanctuary cities??? : You don't know what you are talking about. Coming to visit the US doesn't just require a passport, they need a visa to get in...and that is actually very hard to do. As I said, without a minimum amount of cash in the bank, they won't even look at the mother or brothers' application. And the brother is quite ill, which actually is a strike against him in the application process. So yes, all I want is for the family to come here for like a week or two and I am telling you, that can't be done just with a passport alone. The US has very strict immigration rules (for a reason). I don't mind there being a process, but it shouldn't be hard for a 70 year old grandmother and brother in-law to get a visa just to visit some grandchildren and neices. And I am not saying open the borders. I am saying make the process easier for family members to come and visit. So long a$$pat.
    Posted by JaySev2010

Sparky,

A passport is all that's needed to vist the USA. LONGER TERMED STAY requires a visa. Since 9/11, most civilized countries have gotten on the same wave length for foreign entry, excepting the USA on it's southern border. Mexico? The Caribbean? Tahiti? Mauritius? Austrailia for vacations? My passport seems to work just fine. (But, I do take my Visa, because some countries don't take American Express.)

So, why not go visit the in-laws?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

¿Cómo es cada uno?
    Sólo crucé la frontera y busco empleos. Pero antes de que yo pueda trabajar, tengo que tener cuidado mi cuestión de salud. Yo era loco en el hospital Pueblo por no tomándome en seguida. El cuarto de emergencia kinda basura.
    Necesito una licencia de chofer también y odio copiador. ¿Oye dónde está el departamento de cupón para alimentos?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsATravesty. Show ItsATravesty's posts

¿Cómo es cada uno? Sólo crucé la frontera y busco empleos. Pero antes de que yo pueda trabajar, tengo que tener cuidado mi cuestión de salud. Yo era loco en el hospital Pueblo por no tomándome en seguida. El cuarto de emergencia kinda basura. Necesito una licencia de chofer también y odio copiador. ¿Oye dónde está el departamento de cupón para alimentos?
    Posted by CHEisCHE

¿Insignias?
    ¡No necesitamos ninguna insignia hedionda!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsATravesty. Show ItsATravesty's posts

In Response to Re: Obama sues Az for enforcing immigration laws, but refuses to sue states that set up sanctuary cities??? : I am pro-immigrant. Legal only though. I have no issues with the current quota system. It is more difficult to get here because we have seen too many come on visa's and stay longer. I would be OK with increasing visa's if we have true reform. 1. Seal the borders. 2. End anchor baby. 3. Heavy fine for any company found to employ illegals. 4. Prison for CEO/President/Owner of company in #2 5. Implant GPS chips into all entering the country on temporary visa's etc. 6. No "in state" tuition for anyone not US citizen 7. Health Insurance MUST be maintained and paid for by immigrant or company. 8. All presently in the US illegally get at the back of the line in their own country.
    Posted by brat13

Well said. Fair and balanced.
    Your #8.. The magic question is what do we do with 14 million "visitors" ?
    Not sure they will just line up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

¿Cómo es cada uno? Sólo crucé la frontera y busco empleos. Pero antes de que yo pueda trabajar, tengo que tener cuidado mi cuestión de salud. Yo era loco en el hospital Pueblo por no tomándome en seguida. El cuarto de emergencia kinda basura. Necesito una licencia de chofer también y odio copiador. ¿Oye dónde está el departamento de cupón para alimentos?
    Posted by CHEisCHE

Está loco y ni 0,00000001% de español

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Re: Obama sues Az for enforcing immigration laws, but refuses to sue states that set up sanctuary cities??? : Well said. Fair and balanced. Your #8.. The magic question is what do we do with 14 million "visitors" ? Not sure they will just line up.
    Posted by ItsATravesty

That is where we force the feds to do their job. If we remove all support from them (jobs, education and health care) they will be begging to be sent home. We need to enforce current federal law and require anyone with contact, report.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Who will pick your tomato ?
    Who will do your mowing & sell drugs?  We steal no jobs, we just hang out home depot and Lowes.

I didn't go to school, Will you trade emergency room for picking beans? I need medical check up too. Oh by the way, you can't turn me down....that's discrimination and profiling. I need a driver license to work.
    We are about 11 millions here, once approve quadruple that 11 mil...'cause my parents, hermanos and hermanas are coming....nope, no educaccion. We don't need it. We are the 5th generation americans...no educaccion needed.
    Oh by the way, you governor wants to give me free student loan. I might take that just to pizz you in Mass.

So, why you keep asking me the word "illegal", I don't know what it means. I thought that's the opposite of legal that's why we here. O'bum knows, that's why he sympatized our cause.
    Arizona?    that's Mexico not Estados Unidos, amigos.
    Cool it amigos, take some chilli con carne & we will demand "siesta" as soon as we become Gringos.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsATravesty. Show ItsATravesty's posts

Who will pick your tomato ? Who will do your mowing & sell drugs?  We steal no jobs, we just hang out home depot and Lowes. I didn't go to school, Will you trade emergency room for picking beans? I need medical check up too. Oh by the way, you can't turn me down....that's discrimination and profiling. I need a driver license to work. We are about 11 millions here, once approve quadruple that 11 mil...'cause my parents, hermanos and hermanas are coming....nope, no educaccion. We don't need it. We are the 5th generation americans...no educaccion needed. Oh by the way, you governor wants to give me free student loan. I might take that just to pizz you in Mass. So, why you keep asking me the word "illegal", I don't know what it means. I thought that's the opposite of legal that's why we here. O'bum knows, that's why he sympatized our cause. Arizona?    that's Mexico not Estados Unidos, amigos. Cool it amigos, take some chilli con carne & we will demand "siesta" as soon as we become Gringos.
    Posted by CHEisCHE

Jose,

I never thought of these things. Who will replace you? I think that nobody can !! 

I have many questions about your culture..
    Do you know any available Mexican women? Post pictures please.
    Is cinco de Mayo a religious holiday?
    Do you really get all the blankets from China?
    Did you have a tough time when you first drank our water?
    Do you feel guilty about the many who became citizens before you having to go through the process?
    Can you post a decent recipe for margeritas?

Welcome to our... err.. your country.

Ole !!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaySev2010. Show JaySev2010's posts

In Response to Re: Obama sues Az for enforcing immigration laws, but refuses to sue states that set up sanctuary cities??? : I am pro-immigrant. Legal only though. I have no issues with the current quota system. It is more difficult to get here because we have seen too many come on visa's and stay longer. I would be OK with increasing visa's if we have true reform. 1. Seal the borders. 2. End anchor baby. 3. Heavy fine for any company found to employ illegals. 4. Prison for CEO/President/Owner of company in #2 5. Implant GPS chips into all entering the country on temporary visa's etc. 6. No "in state" tuition for anyone not US citizen 7. Health Insurance MUST be maintained and paid for by immigrant or company. 8. All presently in the US illegally get at the back of the line in their own country.
    Posted by brat13

Well the problem is I can't get on board with you until the visa system is made easier. And I can never agree with number 2. Anyone born on US soil has always had the right of citizenship. I don't want to go down the road of having sizeable communities of people who were born here but aren't citizens.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaySev2010. Show JaySev2010's posts

In Response to Re: Obama sues Az for enforcing immigration laws, but refuses to sue states that set up sanctuary cities??? : Sparky, A passport is all that's needed to vist the USA. LONGER TERMED STAY requires a visa. Since 9/11, most civilized countries have gotten on the same wave length for foreign entry, excepting the USA on it's southern border. Mexico? The Caribbean? Tahiti? Mauritius? Austrailia for vacations? My passport seems to work just fine. (But, I do take my Visa, because some countries don't take American Express.) So, why not go visit the in-laws?
    Posted by AZPAT

No it doesn't. Only people from countries that are part of the visa waiver program can enter without a visa.  If it only required a passport, my inlaws would already be here. As americans all we need to visit most other countries is a passport. But trust me, my inlaws have passports. They can't come to the us for a short visit with them. They have to have visas to enter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: Obama sues Az for enforcing immigration laws, but refuses to sue states that set up sanctuary cities??? : No it doesn't. Only people from countries that are part of the visa waiver program can enter without a visa.  If it only required a passport, my inlaws would already be here. As americans all we need to visit most other countries is a passport. But trust me, my inlaws have passports. They can't come to the us for a short visit with them. They have to have visas to enter.
    Posted by JaySev2010

"If it only required a passport, my inlaws would already be here."

I bet you pray every morning that your inlaws don't realize they can overstay their visas.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaySev2010. Show JaySev2010's posts

In Response to Re: Obama sues Az for enforcing immigration laws, but refuses to sue states that set up sanctuary cities??? : "If it only required a passport, my inlaws would already be here." I bet you pray every morning that your inlaws don't realize they can overstay their visas.
    Posted by skeeter20

Actually the in laws aren't so bad. And the funny thing is, they really don't want to come here to stay that long. The culture shock is just too much for them. But I laid down the law on overstaying visas. I don't want anyone getting into any trouble so my wife understands people who come and visit have to go back when their visa is up.