Obama team thought Iran would not tolerate Bashar Assad's use of WMDs

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: Obama team thought Iran would not tolerate Bashar Assad's use of WMDs

http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-team-thought-iran-would-not-tolerate-assads-use-of-wmds/article/2535328

Here's a working link. Links do not tend to render very well from an iPad.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

These brief moments of insanity always help to put things into perspective.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Ordinarily I think McGovern is a liberal progressive dolt, but I may have to agree with him as it may be Obama's only way to limit the amount of damage to the Presidency and his Presidency.

Obama's red line has become a check he can't cash.  He has no support for it and there is no support even though we all know that it damages the power of the Presidency.  So let's agree with the President and say its an international red line not Obama's ; OK he's a flip flopper like any good liberal just ask our new Secretary of War John Kerry.

So once we agree its an international line; we can only act with international action. Not individual or what's known as make me a target action.  Obama can backtrack; let him lie and say the info isn't as compelling, let him waffle that he's concerned that the rebels US action might help may not be any better then Assad.  Let him withdraw the request and say he's studying it, and let him study it for another 1200 + days.

McGovern's idea is Obama's best shot to get away from of this sticky wicket.

...the man who really counts in the world is the doer,...  TR 1891

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

As far as diplomacy goes, the thinking behind Powers logic makes sense, and is certainly something a civilian leader would want to explore especially since a positive outcome would prevent the need for our military to become engaged, thus endangering the lives of our people and more people on the ground in Syria.  That the plan didn't work doesn't matter, ruling out good options that may yield results is what matters.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to G0DVERNMENT's comment:

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

[QUOTE]

Ordinarily I think McGovern is a liberal progressive dolt, but I may have to agree with him as it may be Obama's only way to limit the amount of damage to the Presidency and his Presidency.

Obama's red line has become a check he can't cash.  He has no support for it and there is no support even though we all know that it damages the power of the Presidency.  So let's agree with the President and say its an international red line not Obama's ; OK he's a flip flopper like any good liberal just ask our new Secretary of War John Kerry.

So once we agree its an international line; we can only act with international action. Not individual or what's known as make me a target action.  Obama can backtrack; let him lie and say the info isn't as compelling, let him waffle that he's concerned that the rebels US action might help may not be any better then Assad.  Let him withdraw the request and say he's studying it, and let him study it for another 1200 + days.

McGovern's idea is Obama's best shot to get away from of this sticky wicket.

...the man who really counts in the world is the doer,...  TR 1891

the hell are you talking about???

[/QUOTE]

US Congress Rep McGovern (D) MA want's Obama to retract his request to Congress to approve a military strike in Syria.

Sections
Shortcuts