Obama to his credit, declines the Race Card

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Obama to his credit, declines the Race Card

The perfect setup for more left wing race pandering. 

Progressive state-run media PBS has African-American liberal Gwen Ifill pitching softballs to the President. (The same Gwen Ifill who wrote a book totally worshipful of Barack Obama. )

First, liberal PBS journalist  Judy Woodruff disgustingly fawns over the President:

"let me just pick up on that because you did tie Dr. King’s vision to your own agenda, and you’ve been able to do -- help the country in many ways. We didn’t go into the economic abyss after the financial collapse. Wall Street’s booming. Corporations are making great profits."

Then come more softball questions, slow and right down the middle; the poor poor President is a "victim" (there is no greater compliment from liberals than that one is a 'victim') :

"GWEN IFILL, PBS NEWSHOUR: I interviewed Taylor Branch, the civil rights historian, for part of our series on the March on Washington yesterday, and one of the things he said was that you suffer – you are a victim of partisan racial gridlock. That’s the way he put it. And you talked a moment ago about that a little bit. I wonder whether you think that’s true, and if so, what, if anything, the first African-American president can do to break through that kind of motivated gridlock."

The President didnt take the race bait, to his credit. Too far and too much.

"PRESIDENT OBAMA: ...I do think what – what you’ve seen – and I – I touched on this theme during the speech – I think it has less to do with my – my race, but there is an argument that was made in 1964, 1965 on through the ’80s and ’90s in which those who resisted any change in the status quo, particularly when it came to economic opportunity, made two big arguments."

###

"OBAMA: And you know, there’s a line that’s drawn between the deserving poor and the undeserving poor. And you know, that, I think, has been a fairly explicit politics in this country for some time. And it’s directed at Bill Clinton or Nancy Pelosi just as much as it’s directed at me. I – I think it – it doesn’t have to do with my race in particular; it has to do with an effort to make sure people who might otherwise challenge the existing ways that things work are divided. (PBS NewsHour, August 28, 2013)"

So the good news is the President apparently doesnt share the view of his most zealous defenders,  who claim anyone who opposes his failed economic policies is a closet KKK supporter who hates all black people. (are you listening and tingling, Chris Matthews?)

The bad news is, the President is now going in full blast with his his leftist redistribution, share the wealth, hate the rich mantra....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Re: Obama to his credit, declines the Race Card

He has always declined the race card, this is nothing new.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

Perhaps that is true on Planet Moonbat, but not here on Earth.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

I think he has a history of inadvertantly dropping those cards on the table; going all the back to the Cambridge "police acted stupidly" comment followed up by mea culpa beer summit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

[QUOTE]

Perhaps that is true on Planet Moonbat, but not here on Earth.

[/QUOTE]

Certainly not in Rightwingnuttistan, the land of your worst fever dreams.

That you don't think so is your own deficit of reasoning.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think he has a history of inadvertantly dropping those cards on the table; going all the back to the Cambridge "police acted stupidly" comment followed up by mea culpa beer summit.

[/QUOTE]

Whoa there.

How is "the police acted stupidly" a race card?

Obama didn't adopt everything the professor may have said and thought by commenting onw hat happened. It sounds like you are simply assuming he called the police racists.

[/QUOTE]

No it was race victim card.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Whoa there.

How is "the police acted stupidly" a race card?

Obama didn't adopt everything the professor may have said and thought by commenting onw hat happened. It sounds like you are simply assuming he called the police racists.

[/QUOTE]

No it was race victim card.

[/QUOTE]

Wrong again.  

That's 0-for-2, swinging.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Kind of like some assumed race was involved in the zimmerman case.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:
    [QUOTE]zimmerman

Leave it alone.

[/QUOTE]

If the shoe fits...............................

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

The incident, Obama said, shows "how race remains a factor in this society."