Obama: "Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago."

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Re: Obama:

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Clinging to the hurt and racism of the past doesn't advance the conversation. 

Neither does denying the hurt and racism of the present.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who's denying racism doesn't hurt/exist in the present?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

In response to jackbu's comment:

I have no problem with what the President said.  I am pretty sure the President was remembering times when he was being followed by some clown for no apparent reason.

Sure, keep telling yourself that.

How about he elevate the discussion to a better place rather than be down in the mud with the race-baiters?

so skeeter doesn't think a conversation about racism in the USA would be valuable .... next skeeter will be telling us it was Martin's our fault for getting shot by a whack job and it had nothing do with the whack job's racial profiling of Martin .

No, I think a conversation would be most valuable.  I am sick of the conversation starting in a place that no longer exists, the America of fifty years ago.  you do the race conversation a big disservice by assuming nothing has changed. 

Clinging to the hurt and racism of the past doesn't advance the conversation.  It keeps it hopelessly stuck in the past.  Time to move on, to the present situation, where the faults of the past have been largely addressed, and the hop and change for the future requires a dropping of the shackles of perpetual/preemptive victimhood.

Now, let me address your comments on how I think about Trayvon Martin and your claim that I will be blaming Trayvon next.  This is a prime example of the victimhood you bring to the discussion.  You don't even know Trayvon, yet you attach to the harm done to him like a lamprey eel.  Let it go, Sister.  it has nothing to do with you. Don't steal this tragedy for your own political ends. 

skeeter what do you want to do .... sweep the Martin Killing under the rug for your own political ends ..... decent and reasonable Americans want action on violent crime and background checks for buying firearms ..... btw  I think there is some progress on race in this country because older white conservative folks like yourself wouldn't be up in arms when Obama is talking about race .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

Anyone who denies that Martin was profiled and followed based on the color of his skin.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

Anyone who denies that Martin was profiled and followed based on the color of his skin.

[/QUOTE]

Ah...so for those who might think Martin may not have been profiled, this one example proves that there is denial that racism exists at all...um...ok...sure thing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Which, though it still exists, is almost like finding bigfoot.

Or like how liberals talk about abortion being rare.

In fact, your comment is STILL clinging to the situation 50 years ago.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Finding racism today is like a bigfoot sighting?

Wow!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Why wouldn't it today? In my neighborhood we said:

Eenie meenie miney mo

catch a tiger by the toe

If he hollers let em go

Out goes Y O U

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Seriously? While it has improved immensely...it still isn't to the point where it's as rare as a bigfoot sighting. I mean come on now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

[QUOTE]

Why wouldn't it today? In my neighborhood we said:

Eenie meenie miney mo

catch a tiger by the toe

If he hollers let em go

Out goes Y O U

[/QUOTE]

out means out ..... you are not it !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

I have no problem with what the President said.  I am pretty sure the President was remembering times when he was being followed by some clown for no apparent reason.

How about he elevate the discussion to a better place rather than be down in the mud with the race-baiters?

so skeeter doesn't think a conversation about racism in the USA would be valuable .... next skeeter will be telling us it was Martin's our fault for getting shot by a whack job and it had nothing do with the whack job's racial profiling of Martin .

No, I think a conversation would be most valuable.  I am sick of the conversation starting in a place that no longer exists, the America of fifty years ago.  you do the race conversation a big disservice by assuming nothing has changed. 

Clinging to the hurt and racism of the past doesn't advance the conversation.  It keeps it hopelessly stuck in the past.  Time to move on, to the present situation, where the faults of the past have been largely addressed, and the hop and change for the future requires a dropping of the shackles of perpetual/preemptive victimhood.

Now, let me address your comments on how I think about Trayvon Martin and your claim that I will be blaming Trayvon next.  This is a prime example of the victimhood you bring to the discussion.  You don't even know Trayvon, yet you attach to the harm done to him like a lamprey eel.  Let it go, Sister.  it has nothing to do with you. Don't steal this tragedy for your own political ends. 

skeeter what do you want to do .... sweep the Martin Killing under the rug for your own political ends ..... decent and reasonable Americans want action on violent crime and background checks for buying firearms ..... btw  I think there is some progress on race in this country because older white conservative folks like yourself wouldn't be up in arms when Obama is talking about race .

[/QUOTE]

No.  I want you to stop saying and inferring that it is about race and due to stand your ground laws.  You are not only dishonest in youur assertions, you are insulting.

And on the race swipe:  Listen, Pal, I'm not white.  You need to stop trying to force "whitness" into this issue.  The case we are talking about was between a hispanic and a black person.  Where do you get the "white" thing?

I have no problem with Obama talking about race in general.  the problem is that he only talks about one race, and has a habit of being wrong, as he was with the Cambridge police, and as he is with Martin.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

Finding racism today is like a bigfoot sighting?

Wow!

[/QUOTE]

It is a silly example, but it makes a point.  I travel wide swaths of this country every year.  I can't remember the last true racist incident that I witnessed.  I am obviously not talking about the faux racist issues, like Trayvon Martin, Brawley, The hanging rope at columbia (location?), excetera.  In fact, there maybe more fake racist attacks than real racist attacks.  I think that is a sign that the race merchants need to fake soemthing in order to have an issue to rally around.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

the hurt and racism of the present.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Says the white man?

The arrogance is astounding.

[/QUOTE]

Not white.  Not arrogant.  I don't see a big racism problem in the present, not saying it doesn;t exist at all.  If you do, I submit that you are wrong.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to ms-obstinate99's comment:

the hurt and racism of the present.

Says the white man?

The arrogance is astounding.

Not white.  Not arrogant.  I don't see a big racism problem in the present, not saying it doesn;t exist at all.  If you do, I submit that you are wrong.

Interesting....you were profiled as a white man.

Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No.  I want you to stop saying and inferring that it is about race and due to stand your ground laws.  You are not only dishonest in youur assertions, you are insulting.

And on the race swipe:  Listen, Pal, I'm not white.  You need to stop trying to force "whitness" into this issue.  The case we are talking about was between a hispanic and a black person.  Where do you get the "white" thing?

I have no problem with Obama talking about race in general.  the problem is that he only talks about one race, and has a habit of being wrong, as he was with the Cambridge police, and as he is with Martin.

[/QUOTE]

You are not white ... so what skeeter ....  my life experiences are akin to a lot of other poor Americans children who lived in a single parent home but for one distinct defference .. I'm a White Shanty Irish American who had several brushes with the law as a teenager and who was given a chance by a judge to change my ways by enlisting into the service ... I'm sure others were given that same choice but sometimes I wonder how many non white troubled teenagers are given that same kind of break today ...... btw sorry skeeter race has been brought into this discussion and by you several times so now it is part of this discussion so I will talk about it ..... still my biggest concerns is still about background checks . When you say you have no problem with Obama talking about race in general  ... be more specific please  ......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are not white ... so what skeeter ....  my life experiences are akin to a lot of other poor Americans children who lived in a single parent home but for one distinct defference .. I'm a White Shanty Irish American who had several brushes with the law as a teenager and who was given a chance by a judge to change my ways by enlisting into the service ... I'm sure others were given that same choice but sometimes I wonder how many non white troubled teenagers are given that same kind of break today ...... btw sorry skeeter race has been brought into this discussion and by you several times so now it is part of this discussion so I will talk about it ..... still my biggest concerns is still about background checks . When you say you have no problem with Obama talking about race in general  ... be more specific please  ......

[/QUOTE]

So What?

So, why do you feel it necessary to include the term "white" in your sterotyping of me as an angry, old, white conservative, as if that in and of itself, makes me a racist.

You are the laziest of thinkers, and think you can just take a swipe at someone, essentially call them a racist, because everyone knows that old white conservatives are rasicts.

I'm not bringing race into this discussion.  The entire cadre of race-baiters that you listen to, including Obama, they are the ones injecting a white/black race dialog into a case where "white" is not in play, and no one, NO ONE, not even the FBI, has found a shred of racism.

I demand an apology. If you had a shred of shame for what you did, you would give it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Check this out...strange??

George Zimmerman rescues family from truck crash last week, police say Published July 22, 2013 FoxNews.com

George Zimmerman, who has not been seen publicly since his acquittal in the murder of Trayvon Martin earlier this month, surfaced last week to rescue an unidentified family trapped in an overturned vehicle on a Florida highway, police said Monday.

Sanford Police Department Capt. Jim McAuliffe told Fox News that Zimmerman, 29, was identified by a crash victim as the man who pulled him from the mangled vehicle.

“George Zimmerman pulled me out,” firefighters were told by the unidentified driver, according to McAuliffe.

The Seminole County Sheriff's Office said the single-car accident occurred July 17 at approximately 5:45 pm. and involved a blue Ford Explorer SUV that had left the road and rolled over.

The sheriff's office said there were four occupants inside -- two parents and two children.

The responding deputy said that when he arrived, two men -- one of whom was Zimmerman -- had already gotten the family out of the overturned vehicle.

Zimmerman was not a witness to the crash and left after making contact with the deputy, the sheriff's office said.

There were no reports of injuries to the vehicle occupants.

The crash occurred at the intersection of I-4 and Route 417 in Sanford, police said.

Zimmerman was acquitted of second-degree murder on July 13 in the killing of Trayvon Martin on Feb. 26, 2012.

Zimmerman's parents, meanwhile, have told ABC News that they have received death threats and have been unable to return to their home following the verdict

"We have had an enormous amount of death threats,” Robert Zimmerman said. “George's legal counsel has had death threats, the police chief of Sanford, many people have had death threats … ‘Everyone with Georgie's DNA should be killed' -- just every kind of horrible thing you can imagine."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/22/george-zimmerman-rescued-man-from-truck-crash-last-week-police-say/#ixzz2Znau0IBq

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

you were profiled as a white man.

He has said he's white.

[/QUOTE]

No, I have said that I am as white as Obama.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to newman09's comment:

Check this out...strange??

George Zimmerman rescues family from truck crash last week, police say Published July 22, 2013 FoxNews.com

George Zimmerman, who has not been seen publicly since his acquittal in the murder of Trayvon Martin earlier this month, surfaced last week to rescue an unidentified family trapped in an overturned vehicle on a Florida highway, police said Monday.

Sanford Police Department Capt. Jim McAuliffe told Fox News that Zimmerman, 29, was identified by a crash victim as the man who pulled him from the mangled vehicle.

“George Zimmerman pulled me out,” firefighters were told by the unidentified driver, according to McAuliffe.

The Seminole County Sheriff's Office said the single-car accident occurred July 17 at approximately 5:45 pm. and involved a blue Ford Explorer SUV that had left the road and rolled over.

The sheriff's office said there were four occupants inside -- two parents and two children.

The responding deputy said that when he arrived, two men -- one of whom was Zimmerman -- had already gotten the family out of the overturned vehicle.

Zimmerman was not a witness to the crash and left after making contact with the deputy, the sheriff's office said.

There were no reports of injuries to the vehicle occupants.

The crash occurred at the intersection of I-4 and Route 417 in Sanford, police said.

Zimmerman was acquitted of second-degree murder on July 13 in the killing of Trayvon Martin on Feb. 26, 2012.

Zimmerman's parents, meanwhile, have told ABC News that they have received death threats and have been unable to return to their home following the verdict

"We have had an enormous amount of death threats,” Robert Zimmerman said. “George's legal counsel has had death threats, the police chief of Sanford, many people have had death threats … ‘Everyone with Georgie's DNA should be killed' -- just every kind of horrible thing you can imagine."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/22/george-zimmerman-rescued-man-from-truck-crash-last-week-police-say/#ixzz2Znau0IBq

I hear sharpton is reporting that he profiled the occupants before helping them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

skeeter if you produce your birth certificate I will apologize ..... and look who is calling the kettle black about insulting people .... you insult every single person on BDC who you don't agree with

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

skeeter if you produce your birth certificate I will apologize ..... and look who is calling the kettle black about insulting people .... you insult every single person on BDC who you don't agree with

Produce my birth certificate for what?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

you were profiled as a white man.

He has said he's white.

[/QUOTE]

No, I have said that I am as white as Obama.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah ok.

[/QUOTE]

What? No snappy comeback?

strange how you have a selective tin ear To the facts.

Sections
Shortcuts