Obamacare epiphanies: Hey, somebody’s got to pay for somebody else’s ‘free’ stuff

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Obamacare epiphanies: Hey, somebody’s got to pay for somebody else’s ‘free’ stuff

null

This “Obamacare awakening” in a nutshell, coming soon to millions more.

Cindy Vinson and Tom Waschura are big believers in the Affordable Care Act. They vote independent and are proud to say they helped elect and re-elect President Barack Obama.

A little later:

“I really don’t like the Republican tactics, but at least now I can understand why they are so pissed about this. When you take $10,000 out of my family’s pocket each year, that’s otherwise disposable income or retirement savings that will not be going into our local economy.”

Both Vinson and Waschura have adjusted gross incomes greater than four times the federal poverty level — the cutoff for a tax credit. And while both said they anticipated their rates would go up, they didn’t realize they would rise so much.

“Of course, I want people to have health care,” Vinson said. “I just didn’t realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally.”

Sorry, but…

null

A greeting for those having similar epiphanies in the future:

null

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Re: Obamacare epiphanies: Hey, somebody’s got to pay for somebody else’s ‘free’ stuff

Wow, a couple with $10K / year of disposable income has to buy their own insurance.  What a train wreck.  

Let's go back three years, so these two can be uninsured until they need emergency care.  Then, when they are uninsurable, they can lose their home or skip out on their bill so the rest of us can enjoy higher premiums.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: Obamacare epiphanies: Hey, somebody’s got to pay for somebody else’s ‘free’ stuff

“I just didn’t realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally

Bwahahahahaha....what an idiot...whom did he expect to pay for it? Oh let me guess...they were hoping for a handout. Typical

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

That's just like ALL progressive ideas. they are great as long as someone else is paying for it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

As a middle-class American who buys private insurance and pays a lot of money in taxes, I've been paying for the insurance of seniors and poor people all my life.  Now decent insurance is more available and affordable to me.  That doesn't feel like a handout.  It feels like progress.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

As a middle-class American who buys private insurance and pays a lot of money in taxes, I've been paying for the insurance of seniors and poor people all my life.  Now decent insurance is more available and affordable to me.  That doesn't feel like a handout.  It feels like progress.

If you think you are paying less for insurance, as a middle class American, then you are not paying attention.

"rich" people are generally not impacted, they can afford insurance no matter what.

"poor" people will now get complete insurance for free.

"the middle class" is paying for themselves, and these other people that are getting it for free.

their is no magic money tree.  You, like the stunned liberal in the article, are paying for this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

And, while we are at it, let's burst another progressive myth, that it will be less expensive to bring poor people into free health care than depending on emergency rooms.

as a group, poor people are sicker, and generally cost more in terms of health care dollars. They tend to have poorer diets, and habits like smoking. poor people smoke at two to three times the rate of middle class or rich people.   All these things add cost.

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/03/21/american-smokers-and-income-charted/?_r=0

Unless our progressive government is going to get into the business of outlawing smoking and forcing people to eat healthy, and pursue only healthy habits, the disproportionate cost of this bad living is going to show up in higher health care expenditures.

who ends up paying these costs, as health insurance for the poor is subsidized to the point of being free?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

This mentality for some in washington has been around way before obama was!

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
    âۥ Socrates

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

And, while we are at it, let's burst another progressive myth, that it will be less expensive to bring poor people into free health care than depending on emergency rooms.

as a group, poor people are sicker, and generally cost more in terms of health care dollars. They tend to have poorer diets, and habits like smoking. poor people smoke at two to three times the rate of middle class or rich people.   All these things add cost.

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/03/21/american-smokers-and-income-charted/?_r=0

Unless our progressive government is going to get into the business of outlawing smoking and forcing people to eat healthy, and pursue only healthy habits, the disproportionate cost of this bad living is going to show up in higher health care expenditures.

who ends up paying these costs, as health insurance for the poor is subsidized to the point of being free?

Poor people already had access to free health care.  The only difference now is that more people are considered 'poor'.  Like a family of four earning $25K / year.  I'm OK with chipping in for their health care.  What would you to do with them?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Wow, a couple with $10K / year of disposable income has to buy their own insurance.  What a train wreck.  

Let's go back three years, so these two can be uninsured until they need emergency care.  Then, when they are uninsurable, they can lose their home or skip out on their bill so the rest of us can enjoy higher premiums.

No. A couple with 4 children has to pay $10,000 MORE. 

Apparently it escapes a person of your intelligence that  people that can't afford to buy their own insurance because they can't/won't prioritize their spending are causing us to enjoy higher premiums too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

So do you care to share with us how much less you are paying for your health insurance now because of Obamacare?

Getting a subsidy that someone else is paying for? 

Finally some libruls are starting to figure out that their programs are not free. FIrst they came for the rich people and they said nothing. Then they went after the corporations and they said nothing. Then "rich" became a family income of $250,000 and they said nothing. Now that they are finally going to fork it over, is there anyone left to help them out?

Yes. Tea Party Republicans.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:

[QUOTE]

Apparently it escapes a person of your intelligence that  people that can't afford to buy their own insurance because they can't/won't prioritize their spending are causing us to enjoy higher premiums too.

[/QUOTE]

What?  Are you arguing for the mandate?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]

So do you care to share with us how much less you are paying for your health insurance now because of Obamacare?

Finally some libruls are starting to figure out that their programs are not free. FIrst they came for the rich people and they said nothing. Then they went after the corporations and they said nothing. Then "rich" became a family income of $250,000 and they said nothing. Now that they are finally going to fork it over, is there anyone left to help them out?

[/QUOTE]

I'll let you know when I enroll - my guess is I will pay a little more, but have better coverage.  

At its core, Obamacare simply requires a minimum level of coverage.  Obamacare doesn't increase your premiums - you premiums have been increasing for some time, so your gripe should be "what took us so long".  If we had passed Obamacare 14 years ago, we'd all have decent coverage for $150/month.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What?  Are you arguing for the mandate?

[/QUOTE]

No. You buy your insurance and I buy mine. If y u don't want to buy it, then pay cash. If you find you can't pay for it don't come crying to the nanny  state to bail you out of your stupidity

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll let you know when I enroll - my guess is I will pay a little more, but have better coverage.  

At its core, Obamacare simply requires a minimum level of coverage.  Obamacare doesn't increase your premiums - you premiums have been increasing for some time, so your gripe should be "what took us so long".  If we had passed Obamacare 14 years ago, we'd all have decent coverage for $150/month.

[/QUOTE]

A survey from Kaiser. Interesting. That's like a Lockheed Martin survey that finds the public supports more defense spending.

Obamacare was sold on the promise it would reduce health insurance costs, not slow the growth in increases. Of course, many of us did not believe such bullbleep. 

If we had passed Obamacare 15 years ago we would really have defaulted.

Did you ever take a math course in high school?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A survey from Kaiser. Interesting. That's like a Lockheed Martin survey that finds the public supports more defense spending.

Obamacare was sold on the promise it would reduce health insurance costs, not slow the growth in increases. Of course, many of us did not believe such bullbleep. 

If we had passed Obamacare 15 years ago we would really have defaulted.

Did you ever take a math course in high school?

[/QUOTE]

Hansoribrother,

The Kaiser Survey is actual facts.

Pretty hard to have a debate when a participant cannot recognize what is an actual set of facts.

[/QUOTE]

Kaiser?  Factual?

Man o man,that's such a stretch that's going to hurt your brain.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

The data is real - here's one from Forbes.  If you're doubting that medical costs and premiums have been skyrocketing the last 15 years, you haven't been buying private insurance.

And if you think slowing or stopping this skyrocketing would have been a bad thing, you shouldn't be lecturing anybody about their math skills.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Well gee....we're getting fatter and fatter as a nation...with that comes many high cost illnesses. Then there is advances in medicine and technology, which comes with a cost. We use the ER for things that aren't urgent, even those who HAVE insurance and HAVE a PCP that they could see. We're American's...we want it NOW...we're not going to wait till Monday for an appointment...hell no...we're going to the ER because we're entitled bungholes.

Not really surprised at all our healthcare costs have been going up, up, up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Wait wait. I know how to deal with this.

Obama went back in time to 2002 and passed Obamacare. He has since been bouncing back and fourth in time, erasing all evidence that Obamacare has in fact bee in effect since then.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

Well gee....we're getting fatter and fatter as a nation...with that comes many high cost illnesses. Then there is advances in medicine and technology, which comes with a cost. We use the ER for things that aren't urgent, even those who HAVE insurance and HAVE a PCP that they could see. We're American's...we want it NOW...we're not going to wait till Monday for an appointment...hell no...we're going to the ER because we're entitled bungholes.

We're not twice as fat as we were in 2002.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But, the Federal government is spending twice as much, so Federal government is twice as fat.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You sure about that? Certainly seems so by the eyeball test

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You sure about that? Certainly seems so by the eyeball test

[/QUOTE]

I know I'm fatter.

But, in the traditional sense, I am living a good life.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

I know I'm fatter.

But, in the traditional sense, I am living a good life.

-----------------------------

Traditional sense? Not sure what you mean. I'm living a good life too but nowhere near fat