Obamacare so confusing and so badly implemented that seniors are getting robbed!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Obamacare so confusing and so badly implemented that seniors are getting robbed!!

Law enforcement agencies are reporting an increase in these sorts of health insurance scams across the country. Many of the fraudsters seem to be preying on the public’s confusion over the massive changes taking place in the nation’s health care system.

Seniors are often targets — they’re more likely to be home to answer the phone, and they tend to have retirement savings that scammers hope to tap. But they aren’t the only victims: The federal government received nearly 83,000 complaints of “imposter scams” last year — up 12 percent from the year before.

“America’s rife with health scams,” says James Quiggle, communications director at the Coalition Against Insurance Fraud in Washington, D.C. “Crooks are offering fake health coverage, stripped down policies masquerading as real coverage. They’re also selling … fake Obamacare coverage,” he explains.

Recent polls have found that well over half of Americans say they still don’t understand how the new health law will affect them. “Crooks are playing on that confusion. Confusion is a crook’s best friend,” says Quiggle.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/senior-health/seniors-get-hung-up-in-health-care-scams.aspx

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: Obamacare so confusing and so badly implemented that seniors are getting robbed!!

Also, Max Baucus is retiring. Apparently he finally got around to reading the bill.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Obamacare so confusing and so badly implemented that seniors are getting robbed!!

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

Also, Max Baucus is retiring. Apparently he finally got around to reading the bill.

Perhaps he sees the writing on the wall.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Best news i've heard all day.  Good riddance to a man who was never a Democrat.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Wow, a new scam. Who'd a thunk it?

Of course we should shut down Wall St after that Madoff scam...

And we have to shut-off email for everyone because of the Nigerian banking scams...

These inane attempts at trying to tie everything bad to a party are ridiculously funny.

The sophistry of ignorance....

No it's just pointing out that when politicians make rushed partisan laws and shove them through without due preparation or planning. US citizens and in this case the elderly and poor get screwed!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

Best news i've heard all day.  Good riddance to a man who was never a Democrat.

After lecturing Republicans yesterday about how intolerant we are of GOP moderates like Christie...LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Of course the obvious logic escapes you.

It's not the law that is scamming the elderly, it's criminals that are the problem.

The same elderly are being scamed all the time, by the various ways I pointed out.

Read the article einstein!

It says BECAUSE the law is so confusing and no one has a clear understanding of its implementation it gives criminals the opportunity!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

Sure, OK...whatever.

It's the laws fault...and the internet thingy's fault...and Medicare's fault...and the funeral homes fault...

Scams have been around forever, longer than any new laws.

So when that Medicare part D was passed by the GOP and the elderly started getting scammed, it was because of the law not the gullibility of the people.

That's it then, no more new laws unless we can be sure that criminals won't try and scam people. Makes perfect sense.

I wonder how bad the scam would be if the Ryan voucher plan is enacted?

WOW , your partisan denial is astonishing!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Maybe people shouldn't be so confused, then.

I feel for seniors, but they should understand that giving anyone personal information over the phone or inter-webs is a bad idea.

Otherwise, there are scores of beautiful senegalese princesses just waiting out there for their octogenarian prince charmings....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

I feel for seniors, but they should understand that giving anyone personal information over the phone or inter-webs is a bad idea.

Otherwise, there are scores of beautiful senegalese princesses just waiting out there for their octogenarian prince charmings.... 

Yea it's their fault the govt rushed a bill and even the authors are saying it's a disaster about to happen!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

MONDAY, April 22, 2013 (Kaiser Health News) — One recent morning, 86-year-old Evelyne Lois Such was sitting at her kitchen table in Denver when the phone rang.  She didn’t recognize the phone number or the deep voice on the other end of the line. “He asked if I was a senior, and I said yes, and he said we are sending out all new Medicare cards and I want to make sure I have all of your statistics correct,” Such recounts.

At first, the caller didn’t seem too fishy; he started by running through her address and phone number, just to make sure they were right. But then he read off a series of numbers and asked if it was her bank routing number. “I didn’t know really at the time whether it was or not, but I just said no. He said, well could you give it to me so I’ll have it correctly, and I said, well I’m not so sure about that. And he started to say something and I hung up.” 

I'm sure you blame Wall Street for "you just won money in Nigeria, send me a check" scams....   

No one ever said it was the only scam!!

I can always depend on you to tryand use a weak defense and never be accountible

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

If the bill is so bad then why are the GOP trying to strengthen it?

Does that make them complicit in the scams?

GOP fast tracks bill to fortify ObamaCare.

Well while I dont trust them either; they are appearing to try and make changes to help. which would be the right thing to do with a disasterous bill like this.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

No one ever said it was the only scam!   [QUOTE]

No, but one hopelessly stupid idealogue blamed Obama for the existence of scammers.

No one that I know of is blaming any one for "the existence of scammers"!

I do think pushing and rushing a partisan bill that has hurt people due to confusion even within the people who wrote it is a negligent thing to let happen!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

No one that I know of is blaming any one for "the existence of scammers"!

No, of course not.

Oh wait, what's this? From this very thread?

Law enforcement agencies are reporting an increase in these sorts of health insurance scams across the country. Many of the fraudsters seem to be preying on the public’s confusion over the massive changes taking place in the nation’s health care system.

Seniors are often targets — they’re more likely to be home to answer the phone, and they tend to have retirement savings that scammers hope to tap. But they aren’t the only victims: The federal government received nearly 83,000 complaints of “imposter scams” last year — up 12 percent from the year before.

“America’s rife with health scams,” says James Quiggle, communications director at the Coalition Against Insurance Fraud in Washington, D.C. “Crooks are offering fake health coverage, stripped down policies masquerading as real coverage. They’re also selling … fake Obamacare coverage,” he explains.

Recent polls have found that well over half of Americans say they still don’t understand how the new health law will affect them. “Crooks are playing on that confusion. Confusion is a crook’s best friend,” says Quiggle.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/senior-health/seniors-get-hung-up-in-health-care-scams.aspx

Why lie about what's on the page? Which you typed?

What's that you like calling people?

Pvssy?

Stick to your claim, admit you are wrong, or just plain shut up. Inspid tw[i]t....

Whewre does that blame the law for the "existence of scammers"

scammers in some fashion have been around since the beginning of mankind most likely.

Snake salesmen come to mind.

Its just a term I use for men who get all emotional too easily.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Whewre does that blame the law for the "existence of scammers"

Did someone hack your account, pick this thread's title, and copy/paste that article?

No point in disputing what's on the page, guy...  

Answer: the question of "where does the article say the law is responsible for the existence of scammers"?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

You said it, Einstein. This is boring.

bye

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Obamacare so confusing and so badly implemented that seniors are getting robbed!

I wonder whether tvoter has a personal definition of the words "so," "badly," and "that," such that he doesn't even understand what he said in the thread title.

So let's see. Tvoter wants to complain about scammers robbing seniors, but he does not intend to blame Obama or Obamacare. This is why he included these words in the title: "Obamacare so confusing and so badly implemented that "

Poor "pvssy", as the tough dude likes to call everyone else, cannot even admit he once more made stupidly wild claims .....

Sad sad sad.

LOL!

You stated that i was blaming the bill for existence of scammers!!

I didnt!

I blame the bill for giving the already existing scammers a catalyst to increase their wrong doing!

comprende?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

You stated that i was blaming the bill for existence of scammers!!

I blame the bill for giving the already existing scammers a catalyst to increase their wrong doing!

You blame Obama for the existence of scammers who scam people based on Obamacare.

Gee, killer distinction there.

Complete and utter ideologue....   wow...  

OBAMACARE not Obama perse.

And, the process in which it came to be and is being implemented.

(Obama didnt write it or the process for implementation)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Here's the problem in case you are missing it: These people are scammers. It isn't because of Obamacare that they are scamming people, and it isn't because of how Obamacare is drafted that they are scamming people. Blaming Obamacare for what they are doing is ludicrous.

The confusion over how Obamacare (which was written by senate and congressional democrats not him) has given existing scammers new ways to hurt citizens.

That is indeniable!

Would they have possibly found other ways if, not for Obamacare ? most likely but, it doesnt change the fact that Obamacare and the confusion it has created gave thm the avenue they need in this case!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Yea it's their fault the govt rushed a bill and even the authors are saying it's a disaster about to happen!!

Yes, it's their fault that they don't understand it.  This info has been available since the bill passed.

Either way, they should NEVER give their personal info to anyone over the phone or web.

All this story proves is that some enterprising capitalists (thieves) still enjoy bilking gullible grandmas and grandpas.

Sections
Shortcuts