Obama's Abu Ghraib

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThinkSnow99. Show ThinkSnow99's posts

Obama's Abu Ghraib

When the Abu Ghraib scandal broke in 2003, the mainstream media and liberal blogosphere couldn’t find enough column inches to express adequately their shock and revulsion. The New York Times alone published 56 stories on the hideous revelation that members of the U.S. Army Reserve had tortured prisoners of war and posed for “trophy pictures”—inexcusable acts that the Times placed squarely at the feet of then-president George W. Bush.

What a difference a president makes. Until you flash forward to today’s bombshell, dropped by the British newspaper The Guardian, noting that members of a self-styled U.S. Army “kill team” posed for photos not with tortured prisoners but with corpses. Of civilians. Whom they had killed.

The U.S. military has endeavored to keep the images out of the public eye, fearing it could touch off a new round of anti-American, anti-military sentiment in Afghanistan at a time when antipathy toward the U.S. is already running high. A spokesman for the military is quoted as having apologized for the images, which in his words depict “actions repugnant to the U.S. as human beings and contrary to the standards and values of the United States.”

So far, the White House has released no statement regarding the images or accounts. Neither, surprisingly, has the New York Times.

http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives/2011/03/21/breaking-obamas-abu-ghraib-the-stuff-hits-the-fan/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

Re: Obama's Abu Ghraib

Makes ya wonder exactly who is in charge (if anyone) ?

Sounds like HE is voting "present" on too many issues.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WIIN12AM. Show WIIN12AM's posts

It's Bush's fault

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

I don't see how this is analagous, aside from there being photo evidence of the atrocities this small team or soldiers committed.  This isn't a systemic issue of a prison complex gone horribily wrong under the direction of several senior level commanders.  This is a small group of people, who for whatever reason, decided to murder for fun and sport, and not in support of any particular order. 

Also, these men are in custody already and the first convictions are coming especially after the first soldier fulfills his plea deal and dimes out the rest of the kill team. 

I mean really, what is it with trying to rebrand the bad stuff that happened under Bush with Obama's name.  The BP oil spill was Obama's Katrina, Libya is Obama's Iraq, this incident is Obama's Abu Ghraib, etc.  Whats funny is when the orignal incidents were happening the right rushed, in unison, to defend Bush and deflect criticism, but now it seems the right has silently come to agreement that those incidents were as bad as originally depicted in the press, but has pivoted to not tacitly admit that, instead, the implication is acknowledged by trying to smear Obama with the memory of the Katrina, Abu Ghraib, and the Iraq invasion.  Its stupid stupid pandering spin.  If you want to admit your guy was incompetent then admit it, these current events are not the same.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

In Response to Re: Obama's Abu Ghraib:
    [QUOTE]I don't see how this is analagous, aside from there being photo evidence of the atrocities this small team or soldiers committed.  This isn't a systemic issue of a prison complex gone horribily wrong under the direction of several senior level commanders.  This is a small group of people, who for whatever reason, decided to murder for fun and sport, and not in support of any particular order.  Also, these men are in custody already and the first convictions are coming especially after the first soldier fulfills his plea deal and dimes out the rest of the kill team.  I mean really, what is it with trying to rebrand the bad stuff that happened under Bush with Obama's name.  The BP oil spill was Obama's Katrina, Libya is Obama's Iraq, this incident is Obama's Abu Ghraib, etc.  Whats funny is when the orignal incidents were happening the right rushed, in unison, to defend Bush and deflect criticism, but now it seems the right has silently come to agreement that those incidents were as bad as originally depicted in the press, but has pivoted to not tacitly admit that, instead, the implication is acknowledged by trying to smear Obama with the memory of the Katrina, Abu Ghraib, and the Iraq invasion.  Its stupid stupid pandering spin.  If you want to admit your guy was incompetent then admit it, these current events are not the same.
    Posted by DamainAllen[/QUOTE]

Yea we have military "small groups of people" running around all over war zones without any "senior leadership" involved all the time! pft nothing here!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThinkSnow99. Show ThinkSnow99's posts

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/21/us-army-kill-team-afghanistan-posed-pictures-murdered-civilians

They have 4000 pictures and 12 people are under arrest, yet this is not newsworthy in the US ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/21/us-army-kill-team-afghanistan-posed-pictures-murdered-civilians They have 4000 pictures and 12 people are under arrest, yet this is not newsworthy in the US ?
    Posted by ThinkSnow99[/QUOTE]

Not until there is a party change at the WH!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/21/us-army-kill-team-afghanistan-posed-pictures-murdered-civilians They have 4000 pictures and 12 people are under arrest, yet this is not newsworthy in the US ?

Define "not newsworthy". 

Just using Google News I can find sources from all over the US both mainstream and otherwise covering this story.  I saw at least two stories on two separate cable news networks last night.  What level of coverage are you looking for so that this can rise to level of "newsworthy" in your opinion?  The story is being covered, but apparently there is your aribitrary standard of what consititutes real coverage that remains to be satisfied. 

Which begs the question, if this isn't being carried by news orgs, then how did you find out about it? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThinkSnow99. Show ThinkSnow99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Obama's Abu Ghraib : Define "not newsworthy".  Just using Google News I can find sources from all over the US both mainstream and otherwise covering this story.  I saw at least two stories on two separate cable news networks last night.  What level of coverage are you looking for so that this can rise to level of "newsworthy" in your opinion?  The story is being covered, but apparently there is your aribitrary standard of what consititutes real coverage that remains to be satisfied.  Which begs the question, if this isn't being carried by news orgs, then how did you find out about it? 
    Posted by DamainAllen[/QUOTE]

Now your just playing dumb.

I googled:  Army Kill Team Photos Afghanistan  and not 1 main stream media story on the first 3 pages.

I heard Jim Braude talk about it this morning and looked it up. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Obama's Abu Ghraib : Now your just playing dumb. I googled:  Army Kill Team Photos Afghanistan  and not 1 main stream media story on the first 3 pages. I heard Jim Braude talk about it this morning and looked it up. 

So you are bad at Google Fu too?

Instead of using the indexed results which group similar stories, click "All 'X number' News Articles"  There are hundreds of sourced stories. 

Yeah, i am playing dumb....meanwhile you don't even know how to use the internets. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Obama's Abu Ghraib : Oh since you and he say so, it must be that way then. Sorry, should have known. Perhaps you can't read. Did you miss the little story on Haditha??? That is most certainly the same thing except in the case where the moonbats and the media went wild those accused were FOUND NOT GUILTY. Why the silence on this incident?? As usual with progressives - politics first, country second.
    Posted by Newtster[/QUOTE]

Oh but because you say the opposite, you are right?  You are so focused on trying to create Obama's Abu Ghraib that you are willing to fudge event s to force fit them into your narrative.  Why don't we just combine all of our military commitments and call them "Obama's World War"?