Obama's Aunt Zeituni: from illegal freeloader to legal freeloader in one day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

Re: Obama's Aunt Zeituni: from illegal freeloader to legal freeloader in one day

I haven't agreed or disagreed with anything on this thread.

LOL...now that is funny.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

Re: Obama's Aunt Zeituni: from illegal freeloader to legal freeloader in one day

In Response to Re: Obama's Aunt Zeituni: from illegal freeloader to legal freeloader in one day:
    In Response to Re: Obama's Aunt Zeituni: from illegal freeloader to legal freeloader in one day : You do understand it was HER lawyers that said Onyango will be allowed to receive a work permit, a Social Security number, and a driver’s license or state identification card, Wong said in a statement issued yesterday. Which indicates to me she doesn't/didn't have any of the above! Maybe you should try that reading comprehension thing you are railing about?
    Posted by brat13

I understand what that indicates to you.  I'm just saying its wrong.  With one caveat.  Do you know if when someone goes from visa to resident they get a new ssn?  I honestly don't know.  It would actually make sense, however, since someone on a visa can never collect ssi.  Point is she already has a social security number and has had a job.  What I'm trying to get you guys to understand is that illegal is not necessarily a system leech.  Most illegals have above the table jobs.  Most illegals file tax returns.  The concept that they are somehow different than our own domestically bred poor is erroneous.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

In Response to Re: Obama's Aunt Zeituni: from illegal freeloader to legal freeloader in one day:
    I haven't agreed or disagreed with anything on this thread. LOL...now that is funny.
    Posted by hawkeye01

Funny, but true.  I'm hilarious.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to Re: Obama's Aunt Zeituni: from illegal freeloader to legal freeloader in one day : Funny, but true.  I'm hilarious.
    Posted by movingtarget2

Not even close to being true. Maybe you believe that because someone else is writing your posts? It's really the only explanation. Or short-term memory loss.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

She has admitted to sending $260 to Obama's Presidential campaign... That is in direct violation of federal campaign laws. Anyone know if O sent it back? Was he/his campaign fined? Also in past stories they always referred to her as volunteering because she has lots of free time. The only mention I can find of her being paid to work was a "small stipend" for 6 hours work.
    Posted by brat13

They sent it back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

Hawkeye said:
    They pay 30% of their monthly income for rent. The less money you make the lower the rent. Therefore there is subsidizing going on here. To say public housing is not a form of welfare is ridiculous.
    Welfare or welfare work consists of actions or procedures — especially on the part of governments and institutions — striving to promote the basic well-being of individuals in need
    Welfare can take a variety of forms, such as monetary payments, subsidies and vouchers, health services, or housing.

Hawk, welfare is usually thought of as the policies which give free stuff (benefits) to poor people.  If you choose to include the category of entitlements then we're all on the dole.  Child tax credit, hope learning credits, the list goes on.  Every deduction on your 1040 is an entitlement.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

posted at 5/18/2010 9:58 AM EDT
    First: 10/7/2009
    Last: 5/18/2010
    In Response to Re: Obama's Aunt Zeituni: from illegal freeloader to legal freeloader in one day : Funny, but true.  I'm hilarious.
    Posted by movingtarget2

Not even close to being true. Maybe you believe that because someone else is writing your posts? It's really the only explanation. Or short-term memory loss.

100% fact.  If you are ignorant don't take it out on me.  I'm trying to help you guys learn something you are not aware of, but should be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

Hawkeye said: They pay 30% of their monthly income for rent. The less money you make the lower the rent. Therefore there is subsidizing going on here. To say public housing is not a form of welfare is ridiculous. Welfare or welfare work consists of actions or procedures — especially on the part of governments and institutions — striving to promote the basic well-being of individuals in need Welfare can take a variety of forms, such as monetary payments, subsidies and vouchers, health services, or housing . Hawk, welfare is usually thought of as the policies which give free stuff (benefits) to poor people.  If you choose to include the category of entitlements then we're all on the dole.  Child tax credit, hope learning credits, the list goes on.  Every deduction on your 1040 is an entitlement.
    Posted by movingtarget2

Except that it's not ME who's choosing what the definition is. You're wrong. Just accept it for once.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Who did OBAMA PAY OFF
    I guess it's ok If his Aunt breaks the law  but As americans if we break the law We have to pay for our Crimes THIS IS BULL
    Obama's Aunt is here Illegally and She should have to COME  TO THIS COUNTRY THE RIGHT WAY
    OTHER WISE IT'S A FREE PASS AND IT IS WRONG
    We as americans never get a free pass  why should she This is sending a message to all IMMAGRANTS ITS OK TO BREAK THE LAW  And this Country wonder why Its so messed up Its cause people like these WHO GET THESE FREE RIDES SHE SHOULD HAVE TO GO BACK WHERE SHE CAME FROM AND COME BACK THE LEGAL WAY OR BE ARRESTED AND DEPORTED FOR LIFE

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

posted at 5/18/2010 9:58 AM EDT hawkeye01 Posts: 1895 First: 10/7/2009 Last: 5/18/2010 In Response to Re: Obama's Aunt Zeituni: from illegal freeloader to legal freeloader in one day : In Response to Re: Obama's Aunt Zeituni: from illegal freeloader to legal freeloader in one day : Funny, but true.  I'm hilarious. Posted by movingtarget2 Not even close to being true. Maybe you believe that because someone else is writing your posts? It's really the only explanation. Or short-term memory loss. 100% fact.  If you are ignorant don't take it out on me.  I'm trying to help you guys learn something you are not aware of, but should be.
    Posted by movingtarget2

For real? Are you really this obstinate? Nevermind I already know the answer. Have a good day!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Then people wonder why Goverment is like it is today They let ILLEGAL IMMAGRANTS GET A FREE RIDE
    Obama's Aunt has broken the law She needs to be treated like anyone else that breaks the law  not get a free ride  She needs to be deported and if she really wanted to come here She would do it the CORRECT WAY not having Americans pay for everything for her.
    This Goverment is sending a BAD MESSAGE TO EVERY ILLEGAL OUT THERE  WHAT IDIOTS THEY ARE THEN THEY WONDER WHY THE WORLD IS LIKE IT IS ITS CAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE THEM WHO LET THE ILLEGALS GET A FREE RIDE THAT IS bull

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

I'm using the right wing's (and traditionally accepted) definition of welfare.  Stuff people get for which they do nothing to deserve.  Loan interest deductions are not welfare.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

In Response to Re: Obama's Aunt Zeituni: from illegal freeloader to legal freeloader in one day : For real? Are you really this obstinate? Nevermind I already know the answer. Have a good day!
    Posted by hawkeye01

Kettle. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to Re: Obama's Aunt Zeituni: from illegal freeloader to legal freeloader in one day : Kettle. 
    Posted by movingtarget2

LOL...I don't think you know what that means.

YOU are the one saying you haven't agreed or disagreed with anything in this thread despite the fact that you're disagreeing that public housing is a form of welfare.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

I'm using the right wing's (and traditionally accepted) definition of welfare.  Stuff people get for which they do nothing to deserve.  Loan interest deductions are not welfare.
    Posted by movingtarget2

Oh...is that what you're doing....sigh...

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

In Response to Re: Obama's Aunt Zeituni: from illegal freeloader to legal freeloader in one day : LOL...I don't think you know what that means. YOU are the one saying you haven't agreed or disagreed with anything in this thread despite the fact that you're disagreeing that public housing is a form of welfare.
    Posted by hawkeye01

True.  I didn't realize that was the topic of the thread.  I thought we were talking about illegal immigration.  I'll make my case one last time.  Public housing is not free.  The recipient has to pay for it.  Is it a benefit?  Sure.  But the poster before mine said she got free housing.  She didn't get free housing and she was here legally when she started getting the benefit of public housing, for which, near as I can tell from the BHA website costs her $1070 per month for a one bedroom apartment in a crappy building in a crappy neighborhood.  Given the fact that it being a project devalues the property I'd say that's at or near market rate.  There is a benefit, not much different than the interest deduction I get on my mortgage or the $2000 the feds pay me every year for having champion sperm.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

In Response to Re: Obama's Aunt Zeituni: from illegal freeloader to legal freeloader in one day : True.  I didn't realize that was the topic of the thread.  I thought we were talking about illegal immigration.  I'll make my case one last time.  Public housing is not free.  The recipient has to pay for it.  Is it a benefit?  Sure.  But the poster before mine said she got free housing.  She didn't get free housing and she was here legally when she started getting the benefit of public housing, for which, near as I can tell from the BHA website costs her $1070 per month for a one bedroom apartment in a crappy building in a crappy neighborhood.  Given the fact that it being a project devalues the property I'd say that's at or near market rate.  There is a benefit, not much different than the interest deduction I get on my mortgage or the $2000 the feds pay me every year for having champion sperm.
    Posted by movingtarget2

Except for the fact that the money you got back from the interest deduction and child care is money you already put in. Its a refund. The money this woman is getting fro housing (and whatever else) comes from the tax payers. She is not getting money back, because she never put anything in. The fact that you see it as not much different is certainly perogative though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to Re: Obama's Aunt Zeituni: from illegal freeloader to legal freeloader in one day : True.  I didn't realize that was the topic of the thread.  I thought we were talking about illegal immigration.  I'll make my case one last time.  Public housing is not free.  The recipient has to pay for it.  Is it a benefit?  Sure.  But the poster before mine said she got free housing.  She didn't get free housing and she was here legally when she started getting the benefit of public housing, for which, near as I can tell from the BHA website costs her $1070 per month for a one bedroom apartment in a crappy building in a crappy neighborhood.  Given the fact that it being a project devalues the property I'd say that's at or near market rate.  There is a benefit, not much different than the interest deduction I get on my mortgage or the $2000 the feds pay me every year for having champion sperm.
    Posted by movingtarget2

It was one topic within the thread that you disagreed with. Get over it.

"Public housing is not free."

No shite. In other news the sun will rise tomorrow.

Public housing is still a form of welfare. Deal with it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In Response to Re: Obama's Aunt Zeituni: from illegal freeloader to legal freeloader in one day : Except for the fact that the money you got back from the interest deduction and child care is money you already put in. Its a refund. The money this woman is getting fro housing (and whatever else) comes from the tax payers. She is not getting money back, because she never put anything in. The fact that you see it as not much different is certainly perogative though.
    Posted by lrecliner

Correct.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

Except for the fact that the money you got back from the interest deduction and child care is money you already put in. Its a refund. The money this woman is getting fro housing (and whatever else) comes from the tax payers. She is not getting money back, because she never put anything in. The fact that you see it as not much different is certainly perogative though.

The scary part is movingtarget supposedly works in finance of some sort. You'd think he'd have a better understanding of the difference.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dotti. Show Dotti's posts

In Response to Re: Obama's Aunt Zeituni: from illegal freeloader to legal freeloader in one day : She lives in public housing.  Is not on welfare.  Has a job.  Pays taxes.  and would be killed immediately upon enterring Kenya.
    Posted by movingtarget2

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow3. Show whatnow3's posts

Public housing can be free, if you qualify for it.

And Auntie Z has not had a job for 7 years. 

She said in an interview yesterday that she would "really like to get a job now". 

So, if she is paying the rent that you claim, then where is she getting the money.  THRU OTHER BENEFITS!!!!!!!!!

Therefore, she is not paying the rent, the tax payers are.  Therefore, in her case, her housing is. . . . . .come on say it with me. . . . . . .FREE!!!!!!!!!!! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BR3684. Show BR3684's posts

Who is paying for her health care????

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Re: Obama's Aunt Zeituni: from illegal freeloader to legal freeloader in one day : I understand what that indicates to you.  I'm just saying its wrong.  With one caveat.  Do you know if when someone goes from visa to resident they get a new ssn?  I honestly don't know.  It would actually make sense, however, since someone on a visa can never collect ssi.  Point is she already has a social security number and has had a job.  What I'm trying to get you guys to understand is that illegal is not necessarily a system leech.  Most illegals have above the table jobs.  Most illegals file tax returns.  The concept that they are somehow different than our own domestically bred poor is erroneous.
    Posted by movingtarget2

And what I and her lawers said is she never had a SSN. She cannot have one and ask for another. One SSN per (which could lead to a SSN Obama has been using but I don't want to rile up Grimmy!).  She can have a visa, job, house etc all without a US SSN. They are mutually exclusive. As for jobs she has had a job (6 hours a week) and has been a volunteer at many. I have yet to find any link to a full time (35+ hours a week) paid job.