Obama's economy remains in the sewer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Obama's economy remains in the sewer

So much for "open-ended QE driven recovery". The March Non-farm payroll hit and it was a doozy, printing at 88K, below the lowest forecast of 100K, well below the expected number of 190K, and a tragedy compared to the February revised print of 268K (was 236K). This was the biggest miss to expectations since December 2009 and the worst print since June 2012. The unemployment rate declined to 7.6%, but this was due entirely to the collapse in the labor force participation rate, which declined by 20 bps to 63.3%, a new 30 year low.

Obama's policies encourage Americans to leave the workforce. His policies are working, to have Americans not work for a living.

And now the time to come up with excuses is here!

The 5 year oldie but goodie...."Bush did it"....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

Re: Obama's economy remains in the sewer

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

So much for "open-ended QE driven recovery". The March Non-farm payroll hit and it was a doozy, printing at 88K, below the lowest forecast of 100K, well below the expected number of 190K, and a tragedy compared to the February revised print of 268K (was 236K). This was the biggest miss to expectations since December 2009 and the worst print since June 2012. The unemployment rate declined to 7.6%, but this was due entirely to the collapse in the labor force participation rate, which declined by 20 bps to 63.3%, a new 30 year low.

Obama's policies encourage Americans to leave the workforce. His policies are working, to have Americans not work for a living.

And now the time to come up with excuses is here!

The 5 year oldie but goodie...."Bush did it"....

88,000 jobs added, lowest amount of people in the work force since 1979?

Absolutely disgraceful!

.......oh, but, we`re in a recovery aren`t we?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

People Not In Labor Force Soar By 663,000 To 90 Million, Labor Force Participation Rate At 1979 Levels    

Things just keep getting worse for the American worker, and by implication US economy, where as we have shown many times before, it pays just as well to sit back and collect disability and various welfare and entitlement checks, than to work .The best manifestation of this: the number of people not in the labor force which in March soared by a massive 663,000 to a record 90 million Americans who are no longer even looking for work. This was the biggest monthly increase in people dropping out of the labor force since January 2012, when the BLS did its census recast of the labor numbers. And even worse, the labor force participation rate plunged from an already abysmal 63.5% to 63.3% - the lowest since 1979! But at least it helped with the now painfully grotesque propaganda that the US unemployment rate is "improving."

Bush`s fault! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Wel, in all honesty, it is at least part Bush's fault.  Should have never done TARP, for one.

But, Obama has made it worse, that's for sure.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

LOTS and LOTS of company!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-04-05/people-not-labor-force-soar-663000-90-million-labor-force-participation-rate-1979-le

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

My business unit hired nearly a thousand people in the past four months...mostly high-skilled, high-paying jobs, too.

My own relatively small project just put out a req for two additional full-time resources.

Some of us are trying to grow....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

My business unit hired nearly a thousand people in the past four months...mostly high-skilled, high-paying jobs, too.

I thought you were a civil servant. no?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

The HoR has been effective in blocking the PotUS and the Senate has been blocking the HoR.

For five years?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

I'm sure the sequester had no consequences whatsoever.

It takes two to tango and when both sides want to lead then there's gridlock.

The HoR has been effective in blocking the PotUS and the Senate has been blocking the HoR.

Why is anyone surprised that with such gridlock you get an economy adrift.

(QUOTE)

Nice try.  All the data points to tax increases.  Nothing to do with sequestration.

"The economy added just 88,000 nonfarm jobs last month, the Labor Department said on Friday.

That was well below market expectations for a 200,000 increase and lower than even the most pessimistic forecast in a Reuters poll. The jobless rate ticked a tenth of a point lower to 7.6 percent largely due to people dropping out of the work force.

"The U.S. economy just hit a major speed bump," said Marcus Bullus, trading director at MB Capital in London.

Some of the weakness appeared due to tax hikes enacted in January. While prior reports have pointed to relatively buoyant retail sales in January and February, Friday's data showed retailers actually cut staff in March by 24,100, making it the hardest-hit sector last month.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

My own relatively small project just put out a req for two additional full-time resources.

Layoffs:

Hewlett Packard      13,000

Boeing                       7000

Intel                           4000

Siemens                     9000

Texas Inst.                 3000

Ford                          17,000

Motorola                     7000

............................just 1st page of google.  Happy you`re hiring. Nobody else on earth is.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

For five years?

You're right, the power of gridlock was in the Senate at the beginning of Obama's first term.

They increased the use of the filibuster to record numbers, tripling the number of filibusters invoked by the previous Congress.

And last time I checked, the power to legislate still resides with Congress so any responsibility for economy is still a tango, unless there have been some amendments passed that I'm not aware of.

Obama had all 3 branches for his first TWO years and got nothing done.  He now has the Senate and the White House controlled by Democrats and only the House has a tiny Republican majority.

The Libs are slipping away from "Bush`s fault" and the newest c r a p coming from them is: "gridlock".  With 2 chambers controlled by Dems, the incompetent-supporters are still looking for anti-Rep talking points and their low-information minions will (seemingly) use and believe them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Great for YOUR company...however...

WASHINGTON -- Nearly half a million Americans left the labor force in March, the U.S. Labor Department announced Friday, causing the unemployment rate to decline from 7.7 to 7.6 percent.

Part of the reason fewer people are participating in the labor force is that the baby boomers are hitting retirement, but another part is that the economy is lousy. Employers added only 88,000 jobs in March, the fewest in any month since June.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to tacobreath's comment:

Obama had all 3 branches for his first TWO years and got nothing done. 

2 Years?

President Obama was sworn in on January 20, 2009 with just 58 Senators to support his agenda.

He should have had 59, but Republicans contested Al Franken's election in Minnesota and he didn't get seated for seven months.

The President's cause was helped in April when Pennsylvania's Republican Senator Arlen Specter switched parties.

That gave the President 59 votes -- still a vote shy of the super majority.

But one month later, Democratic Senator Byrd of West Virginia was hospitalized and was basically out of commission.

So while the President's number on paper was 59 Senators -- he was really working with just 58 Senators.

Then in July, Minnesota Senator Al Franken was finally sworn in, giving President Obama the magic 60 -- but only in theory, because Senator Byrd was still out.

In August, Senator Ted Kennedy of Massachusetts died and the number went back down to 59 again until Paul Kirk temporarily filled Kennedy's seat in September.

Any pretense of a supermajority ended on February 4, 2010 when Republican Scott Brown was sworn into the seat Senator Kennedy once held.

Do you see a two-year supermajority?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

2 Years?

President Obama was sworn in on January 20, 2009 with just 58 Senators to support his agenda.

He should have had 59, but Republicans contested Al Franken's election in Minnesota and he didn't get seated for seven months.

The President's cause was helped in April when Pennsylvania's Republican Senator Arlen Specter switched parties.

But one month later, Democratic Senator Byrd of West Virginia was hospitalized and was basically out of commission.

So while the President's number on paper was 59 Senators -- he was really working with just 58 Senators.

Then in July, Minnesota Senator Al Franken was finally sworn in, giving President Obama the magic 60 -- but only in theory, because Senator Byrd was still out.

In August, Senator Ted Kennedy of Massachusetts died and the number went back down to 59 again until Paul Kirk temporarily filled Kennedy's seat in September.

Any pretense of a supermajority ended on February 4, 2010 when Republican Scott Brown was sworn into the seat Senator Kennedy once held.

What a pathetic exuse for lack of leadership and bipartisanship by Obama. A 60 vote Senate supermajority is a rare benefit to a President, only happened once in the past 30 years. Obama is not a leader, tha is clear.  The Dems had solid control of House and Senate for two years, so blaming the GOP for his failures is beyond pathetic!

Things got done in Washington by Presidents George Bush and Clinton and Bush Sr and Reagan and even Carter... but not Obama!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Nope.  

How did you get that idea...?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Nope.  

You do get government money , though, for your green energy boondoggles, no?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Layoffs:

............................just 1st page of google.  Happy you`re hiring. Nobody else on earth is.

Those seem like deficiencies in demand...i.e., they're not making stuff people want to buy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

Nope.  

You do get government money , though, for your green energy boondoggles, no?

No, I do not.

Wrong again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

WASHINGTON -- Nearly half a million Americans left the labor force in March, the U.S. Labor Department announced Friday, causing the unemployment rate to decline from 7.7 to 7.6 percent.

Part of the reason fewer people are participating in the labor force is that the baby boomers are hitting retirement, but another part is that the economy is lousy. Employers added only 88,000 jobs in March, the fewest in any month since June.

Sorry.  I can't be everywhere at once.  ;)

FWIW, our BU has another 800 or so openings.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

2 Years?

The Democrats controlled ALL 3 branches for Obama`s 1st 2 years.  He had complete control.  He chose to focus on a healthcare debacle that 60% of America did not want and has proven out to be a $1.8 TRILLION mess loaded with tax increases. 

He is the worst president in history and proves his incompetence every day.  It`s hard to believe that a person could actually become worse at his job as time goes on.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

Sorry.  I can't be everywhere at once.  ;)

FWIW, our BU has another 800 or so openings.

My company hires all the time too but being a health care provider we tend not to get hit too bad by bad economies. People get sick regardless of how the economy is.

Of course this doesn't help the millions out of work

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

Layoffs:

Those seem like deficiencies in demand...i.e., they're not making stuff people want to buy.

LOL!  Can`t argue with you as it pertains to Ford or Motorola.  HP.......well maybe.  But, TI, Siemens, Intel, are industry leaders and, in fact, leading indicators of an economy to come.

Boeing..........well, do we need more planes?  Maybe.

25. This post has been removed.