Obama's economy remains in the sewer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

Re: Obama's economy remains in the sewer

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

In response to tacobreath's comment:

No, I`m not a CEO.  I do happen to be sitting next to one all this week though, and he`s reducing the work force, closing manufacturing facilities, and being very careful with research and development dollars.

Screwed up, huh...?  That's too bad.  Not everyone has what it takes to be chief.

If he's blaming the Prez outright, then he's clueless.

Yah, you`re right.  Uncertainty about taxes and costs (astronomical) of healthcare have nothing to do with how a CEO thinks.  Eye roll.

Gawd, you live in a dreamworld.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

The dreadful jobs reports, the high unemployment/underemployment, the numbers of Americans on food stamps, and companies with "record" profits, proves my point.

No, I`m not a CEO.  I do happen to be sitting next to one all this week though, and he`s reducing the work force, closing manufacturing facilities, and being very careful with research and development dollars.

Which is different than not doing anything until B Hussein O is out of office simply because...well....because "uncertainty" without further explanation

It's lack of demand. That's the problem.

You live an ideological bubble I can see.......

OBL was the only time you gave Obama credit for anything.....   so.....     heh

There`s no lack of demand in my industry or with my $1.7 billion company.  In fact, we`re in a business that is a leading indicator for economies to come.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

In response to portfilio's comment:

Here's the TRUTH:

Obama: highest corporate profits since the year 1900

Highest Wall Street  activity in 22 years!

(QUOTE)

Is there something you don`t get?  Why can`t you understand that NO CEO ON EARTH will invest, hire, or spend time on R+D while this incompetent is president. (I guess someone brought ONE to the thread, Caterpillar).  We have a child at the helm.  Would you risk your profit?  Would you risk your company or would you wait until the adults are back in 2016?

That's pretty naive to imagine POTUS has that much control over the markets.  He doesn't.  Never did...nor should he in any real sense.  The U.S. economy does not exist in a vacuum.

I might expect that from an internet troll, but not a successful CEO...but then, they can be stubborn ideologues, too.

If taken at their word, business owners just seem to be running out of excuses for why their business plans are either faulty or too rigid to keep pace in a globalized economic environment.

........and speaking of internet trolls, any mirrors in your house?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Screwed up, huh...?  That's too bad.  Not everyone has what it takes to be chief.

Yah, you`re right.  Uncertainty about taxes and costs (astronomical) of healthcare have nothing to do with how a CEO thinks.  Eye roll.

Except those uncertainties would (and have) exist despite who gets elected to the Oval Office.

Try again....

(and even that supposes the POTUS can do anything substantial about either taxes or healthcare costs to suit your ideological CEO...)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Except those uncertainties would (and have) exist despite who gets elected to the Oval Office.

Try again....

(and even that supposes the POTUS can do anything substantial about either taxes or healthcare costs to suit your ideological CEO...)

The uncertainies would almost certainly not exist if Romney was elected.  the very things you didn't like about him translate into certainty for business.  As a matter of fact,  I think that was a big complaint, was it not?  That he would do things for business?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

........and speaking of internet trolls, any mirrors in your house?

I didn't exclude myself.

Though maybe you did....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

The uncertainies would almost certainly not exist if Romney was elected.  the very things you didn't like about him translate into certainty for business.  As a matter of fact,  I think that was a big complaint, was it not?  That he would do things for business?

Pure speculation on your part and utterly unprovable.  Both you and Mitt think much too highly of him, IMO.  That he couldn't even get the job doesn't help any.

Surely a majority dem senate would not have done him any favors.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Sorry, I'm just not buying the Fox line that businesses would be investing, causing a faster recovery, if only a Kenyan Muslim Terrist wasn't in office.

Nobody cares if, you "buy" it. I work in and around many types of businesses and I hear what they are saying and see what they are doing.

I know you just think it's greedy CEO's wanting to just hoard profits......sigh/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

The uncertainies would almost certainly not exist if Romney was elected.

Because.....

...he said so?

...Fox said so?

Sure they'd exist. He'd have to get his promises through congress, and there would be uncertainties about filibusters and their ramifications in 2014. Try not to be so daft.

Because, that was the thrust of the Obama campaign.  that Romney would kowtow to business.  That certainly would remove the uncertainty of which we speak.  That's only logical.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Pure speculation on your part and utterly unprovable.  Both you and Mitt think much too highly of him, IMO.  That he couldn't even get the job doesn't help any.

Right.  Because he dodn't win  Obvious.  Voters chose free stuff over certainty.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Right.  Because he dodn't win  Obvious.  Voters chose free stuff over certainty.

That's just your opinion, man.  And unjustifiable.

And your 'certainty' claim still just rank speculation. 

Not everyone is as greedy as you and the Mitt-ster think.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

I think it was the "certainty" that they would win is what crashed their campaign.

Correct on the campaign. He ran like either he did not want to win, or that it was certain.

his message, as it relates to this thread, was that he would return some sense of certainty to the economy.  Do you dispute this?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

Try again....

Well of course he can.  Are you kidding?  He can`t lead.  He can`t make decisions.  He OWNS healthcare and taxes.

Are you kidding?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Try again....

Well of course he can.  Are you kidding?  He can`t lead.  He can`t make decisions.  He OWNS healthcare and taxes.

Are you kidding?

Not at all.

Those problems existed well before he got there.  He bears some responsibility but not all...

...especially since the gop had no substantive health care reforms of their own that would have impacted costs.

How many votes can the Pres cast in the Congress?  Right.  He can't sign bills that they are unable to pass.  He can nominate judges and administrators, but congress still has to vote on most of them.  He can submit a budget but can't implement it.

I'm not saying Obama is blameless, but neither is Congress...not by a long shot.

Now, as he offers an olive branch in the way of SS cuts (which even Ryan's s/c budget didn't touch.)...and they just throw it back in his face as "not enough".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

That's just your opinion, man.  And unjustifiable.

And your 'certainty' claim still just rank speculation. 

Not everyone is as greedy as you and the Mitt-ster think.

Right, because he didn't win, so it is a matter of opinion.  The opinion of those of us who actually have to run things is that it would have lead to greater certainty.

it is not about greed, it is about how the free market works.  In this world, there are only two alternatives: the free market, or government control.  No matter how many times we try the alternative, it fails.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Try again....

Are you kidding?

Not at all.

Those problems existed well before he got there.  He bears some responsibility but not all...

...especially since the gop had no substantive health care reforms of their own that would have impacted costs.

How many votes can the Pres cast in the Congress?  Right.  He can't sign bills that they are unable to pass.  He can nominate judges and administrators, but congress still has to vote on most of them.  He can submit a budget but can't implement it.

I'm not saying Obama is blameless, but neither is Congress...not by a long shot.

Now, as he offers an olive branch in the way of SS cuts (which even Ryan's s/c budget didn't touch.)...and they just throw it back in his face as "not enough".

The chained CPI is offerings olive branch, it is cleaning up the inflation standard and is essentially apolitical.  It is an accounting fix. And it is less that one quarter of one cent of every tax dollar, Or .25%.  That's hardly significant in any case.

You are right that no one is blameless in this, however.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

What would a CEO's personal compensation have to do with new jobs? Do people think CEO's pay employee salaries out of their own pockets?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

What would a CEO's personal compensation have to do with new jobs? Do people think CEO's pay employee salaries out of their own pockets?

I know ... I know ..... Greed is good .. workers are parasites !

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

Try again....

Are you kidding?

Not at all.

(QUOTE)

Hmmmm...........the best healthcare system on earth was a "problem" that "existed before he got there"?  Constant "raise taxes on the rich" rhetoric "existed before he got there"?

Don`t think so.  And, I agree, let`s blame Congress too.  First 2 years Obama had Democrat majorities in both houses.  Ever since he`s had a majority in the Senate and the TINIEST minority in the House.  I`m with you.  Let`s blame the Democrats in congress also.

About time you came around.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

You must work at the Globe.

Hey, while we are at it:  When's Obamacare going to cut $2,500 from my health care costs?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

According to the left, it is not the CEO's money.  He didn't earn it.  It was bestowed to him by the mere fact that government didn't confiscate it.  I wish I could say the same for our 401K's, but Obama is after those in his new budget.