Obama's Gun Speech

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Obama's Gun Speech

Yesterday, Obama made a speech about the gun control bill not passing.  I heard it on the radio, so I couldn't measue facial expressions. But, based on what I heard on the radio, my observation is that he was behaving like a spoiled child.  to the extent he has passion for hte issue, it was lost in his childish rage.  Why doesn't he have such rage for things like Bengazi?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Obama's Gun Speech

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Yesterday, Obama made a speech about the gun control bill not passing.  I heard it on the radio, so I couldn't measue facial expressions. But, based on what I heard on the radio, my observation is that he was behaving like a spoiled child.  to the extent he has passion for hte issue, it was lost in his childish rage.  Why doesn't he have such rage for things like Bengazi?

He blames it on mean wicked republicans. It failed due to:

1.) It did not address the root cause of the Newtown massacre (if, it would have been in place Newtown still would have happened) so, it was just politics.

2.) They knew how many votes they had and that it wouldnt pass; if, it would have seemed closer more conservative dems would have voted no!

smoke and mirrors BS

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Glad to see that he's focusing like a laser on the economy. Oh wait...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

The President is understandably upset with what happened yesterday in the Senate.  They are not representing the will of the people, they are representing monied interests. 

Nearly 80% of gun owners favor background checks on private gun sales.  More than half of the Senate voted yes to this.

If less than half of all senators are able to kill this (or any other piece of legislation), it seems to me that the real finger of shame should be pointed at Harry Reid and Senate Democrats who refused to eliminate the shameful filibuster rules when they had the chance.  He's gotta go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Why doesn't he have such rage for things like Bengazi?

Clearly, he has priorities.

Not surprised you would confuse passion and rage, though.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to Newtster's comment:

In response to UserName99's comment:

The President is understandably upset with what happened yesterday in the Senate.  They are not representing the will of the people, they are representing monied interests. 

Nearly 80% of gun owners favor background checks on private gun sales.  More than half of the Senate voted yes to this.

If less than half of all senators are able to kill this (or any other piece of legislation), it seems to me that the real finger of shame should be pointed at Harry Reid and Senate Democrats who refused to eliminate the shameful filibuster rules when they had the chance.  He's gotta go.

I do not know the details of this law but we already do background checks. Maybe this extends to it gun shows or something? 

Whatever.

Sen. Cruz from TX pointed out that convicted felons and parolees attempted 40,000 times to obtain a gun illegally in 2012. The federal government chose to prosecute only 48 of them.

What good is another law they won't enforce?

Oh, that's right, you guys don't want the problem solved then you don't have the issue.

I would encourage you to read this excellent news piece about what is really going on out there.  Nobody is checking anything on these online gun sale sites where literally thousands of guns are for sale with no questions asked.  You would have to be a nuts to not want to shut this type of operation down.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/17/us/seeking-gun-or-selling-one-web-is-a-land-of-few-rules.html?pagewanted=all#commentsContainer

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Why doesn't he have such rage for things like Bengazi?

Clearly, he has priorities.

Not surprised you would confuse passion and rage, though.

Right. What he showed yesterday is clearly rage. Rage that people dared to go against his will.  

bengazi is an example of passion. oh, wait: that's an example of priorities. The priority THAT day was hanging out with Jay-z and Beyonce in Vegas.  Bengazi could wait.

i'm not sure he's shown passion on anything.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/04/17/how-the-gun-lobby-has-already-blocked-bostons-bombing-investigators/

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

Yes, lets blame republicans for the cloture rule.  Hell, it was 1919.  Bush's fault clearly.

And wait, which party was the last to change the rule in their favor, AND get rid of the "present and voting", thing, rather than a percentage, and make it a flat out 60, even if there are only 59 guys in the room?

Ah, DEMOCRATS.

Mordez-moi

Greg it isn't my fault that today's GOP is soft on crime !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

I would encourage you to read this excellent news piece about what is really going on out there.  Nobody is checking anything on these online gun sale sites where literally thousands of guns are for sale with no questions asked.  You would have to be a nuts to not want to shut this type of operation down.

That doesnt change the FACT that out of 40,000 people found applying for guns illegally only 48 were prosecuted.

Why make another law if, we dont or cant enforce the ones we have????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Right. What he showed yesterday is clearly rage. Rage that people dared to go against his will.  

bengazi is an example of passion. oh, wait: that's an example of priorities. The priority THAT day was hanging out with Jay-z and Beyonce in Vegas.  Bengazi could wait.

i'm not sure he's shown passion on anything. 

I wish he had the same passion/rage for the bombers as he did for the republicans vote!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

seeing what is going on at the moment in boston and cambridge, i bet obama has a few more supporters. at least the support from the family and friends of the fallen mit and injured t police officers

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

seeing what is going on at the moment in boston and cambridge, i bet obama has a few more supporters. at least the support from the family and friends of the fallen mit and injured t police officers

I hope so. Unity is important right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Can't even get a ban on assault weapons or high-speed ammo clips.  Wow.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Here's one guy's idea of "unity":

On Friday morning, Arkansas State Rep. Nate Bell (R) tweeted that “liberal” Boston residents likely wished for assault rifles and high-capacity magazines, as the manhunt for Boston Marathon bombing suspects continued.

Bell, a second-term legislator and National Rifle Association life member, has previously supported allowing guns in churches as “removing a state mandated restriction on religious freedom.”

His tweet said:

I wonder how many Boston liberals spent the night cowering in their homes wishing they had an AR-15 with a hi-capacity magazine? #2A

— Nate Bell (@NateBell4AR) April 19, 2013

Bell has also backed legislation to make concealed carry licenses cheaper and to prevent the governor from regulating firearms even in state emergencies. In 2010 told Arkansas Carry, a state gun rights group, that he supports Stand Your Ground laws and tax exemptions for sales of gun and ammo manufactured in state.

Nice, huh...??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

On Friday morning, Arkansas State Rep. Nate Bell (R) tweeted that “liberal” Boston residents likely wished for assault rifles and high-capacity magazines, as the manhunt for Boston Marathon bombing suspects continued.

Bell, a second-term legislator and National Rifle Association life member, has previously supported allowing guns in churches as “removing a state mandated restriction on religious freedom.”

His tweet said:

I wonder how many Boston liberals spent the night cowering in their homes wishing they had an AR-15 with a hi-capacity magazine? #2A

Bell has also backed legislation to make concealed carry licenses cheaper and to prevent the governor from regulating firearms even in state emergencies. In 2010 told Arkansas Carry, a state gun rights group, that he supports Stand Your Ground laws and tax exemptions for sales of gun and ammo manufactured in state.

Nice, huh...??

There WERE people who spent the night cowering in their homes. Have you not heard any of the residents of Watertown calling into some of the radio shows and news outlets? One woman broke down crying she was so scared. I'm sure she wasn't the only one.

I hope they catch this fcuker soon...dead or alive I don't care.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

His tweet said:

Nice, huh...?? 

He is within his rights. Not agreeing with him doesnt make him worng or bad!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

There WERE people who spent the night cowering in their homes. Have you not heard any of the residents of Watertown calling into some of the radio shows and news outlets? One woman broke down crying she was so scared. I'm sure she wasn't the only one.

I hope they catch this fcuker soon...dead or alive I don't care.

That justifies his pudding-brained comment, then...?

And I disagree only slightly...there's more to the story that he can't tell if he's dead, even though he should be stopped and captured by any means necessary.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

A true pile of s__t. 

How is it different than calling gun rights supporters; people who need guns to feel tough.

Or saying people concerned with extremist groups "people scared of people in caves" or they just need a boggieman??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

That doesnt change the FACT that out of 40,000 people found applying for guns illegally only 48 were prosecuted.

The issue at hand here is background checks for gun purchases at gun shows and over the Internet.....which is essentially a neverending gun show. Forty percent of gun purchases in this country are made this way.

Given that there is no law preventing criminals and crazy people from buying guns over the internet, what law specifically do you suggest enforcing will prevent this?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

The issue at hand here is background checks for gun purchases at gun shows and over the Internet.....which is essentially a neverending gun show. Forty percent of gun purchases in this country are made this way.

Given that there is no law preventing criminals and crazy people from buying guns over the internet, what law specifically do you suggest enforcing will prevent this?

The law that says it's illegal for a felon/domestic abuser etc to try and buy a weapon but, 40,000 times background checks have shown people convicted of these crimes trying to buy guns but, only 48 have been procsecuted!!

So, if we cant or wont prosecute these why would it be any different for people buying them over the internet??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

He is within his rights. Not agreeing with him doesnt make him worng or bad!

That doesn't make it any more accurate or artful...or meaningful.

"Best to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."  - Mark Twain

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts