Obama's Gun Speech

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Re: Obama's Gun Speech

In response to tvoter's comment:

In response to UserName99's comment:

That doesnt change the FACT that out of 40,000 people found applying for guns illegally only 48 were prosecuted. 

Why make another law if, we dont or cant enforce the ones we have????

The issue at hand here is background checks for gun purchases at gun shows and over the Internet.....which is essentially a neverending gun show. Forty percent of gun purchases in this country are made this way.

Given that there is no law preventing criminals and crazy people from buying guns over the internet, what law specifically do you suggest enforcing will prevent this?

The law that says it's illegal for a felon/domestic abuser etc to try and buy a weapon but, 40,000 times background checks have shown people convicted of these crimes trying to buy guns but, only 48 have been procsecuted!!

So, if we cant or wont prosecute these why would it be any different for people buying them over the internet??

Senator Cruz using the low number of prosecutions to argue that background checks are meaningless is a red herring. They are far from meaningless, they save lives by preventing criminals from getting guns. Anybody who is stupid enough to follow along Cruz's argument is too stupid to own a gun.

The problem lies in the supply of guns...the seller.  We currenly allow anyone to sell a gun on the web and its absurd.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Senator Cruz using the low number of prosecutions to argue that background checks are meaningless is a red herring. They are far from meaningless, they save lives by preventing criminals from getting guns.

Ok, so his data shows that only 48 out of 40,000 people who fail background checks are prosecuted and you have no answer for why we should just throw another law on top of the one not enforced. Got it!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Senator Cruz using the low number of prosecutions to argue that background checks are meaningless is a red herring. They are far from meaningless, they save lives by preventing criminals from getting guns.

Ok, so his data shows that only 48 out of 40,000 people who fail background checks are prosecuted and you have no answer for why we should just throw another law on top of the one not enforced. Got it!

The 40,000 people didn't get to buy a gun with a permit.  Thats the point of the background check. 

The law before the Senate would affect sales of guns.

There are 2 sides to a transaction.  Do you even know the difference between buying and selling?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to Newtster's comment:

No worse than the shiite that comes from Obama and liberal media like Slate. They actually published an article hoping the killer(s) were white because if not then it would be a setback for the usual liberal, I mean librul, agenda.

That you think so requires your own leap in logic despite his and your need to score political points.  False equivalence.  Obama has nothing to do with this.

So, this lawmaker has lowered himself at least to the level of the media.  That's his problem, not the media's.  

I would have posted the idiot's statement regardless of which party he belongs to.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to Newtster's comment:

No worse than the shiite that comes from Obama and liberal media like Slate. They actually published an article hoping the killer(s) were white because if not then it would be a setback for the usual liberal, I mean librul, agenda.

Oh, and by the by...

...the suspects ARE white, if media reports are true about their origins.  Quite literally, they are caucasian.

(Although that didn't keep supreme moron, "paleocon" and ardent "constitutionalist" Alex Jones from saying they "look israeli" and maybe are "north african" or "spanish muslim"...all gleaned merely from a couple of photos...and all incorrect.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

That doesn't make it any more accurate or artful...or meaningful.

"Best to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."  - Mark Twain 

True it doesnt and you should have adhered to Samuel Clemems words long ago!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

There WERE people who spent the night cowering in their homes. Have you not heard any of the residents of Watertown calling into some of the radio shows and news outlets? One woman broke down crying she was so scared. I'm sure she wasn't the only one.

I hope they catch this fcuker soon...dead or alive I don't care.

That justifies his pudding-brained comment, then...?

And I disagree only slightly...there's more to the story that he can't tell if he's dead, even though he should be stopped and captured by any means necessary.

They'll find out plenty through phone records. Who they've been in touch with will lead law enforcement to more info. I would be surprised if this kid goes willingly. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

True it doesnt and you should have adhered to Samuel Clemems words long ago!

Maybe, but think of all the fun I would have missed taking blokes like you down a peg or two.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Maybe, but think of all the fun I would have missed taking blokes like you down a peg or two.

lol yea ok

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

The 38,952 other people weren't prosecuted because it is not against the law to apply for a gun permit. It is against the law to lie on the application.

Oh so you thik the gun owners were turning in applications that had criminal histories on them 38,958 times?

lol

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Excellent words from @[144128236879:274:Joe Scarborough], former Republican congressman from Florida. Thanks to @[570721479608299:274:Occupy the NRA] for sharing this!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Thanks to @[224319224261399:274:Teabonics] for sharing this

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts