Obama's last move?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Obama's last move?

Obama's last move as President has to be some sort of gun control.  Up to now he has not made his critic's predictions come true.  If anything, people have more gun rights under him.  He approved the proposal to allow hand guns on national parks with his credit card reform bill.

Personally I don't care what he does but this latest senseless deaths of two Police officers and a citizen, has to get him thinking.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Re: Obama's last move?

They have been passing gun control laws for decades. Do you find it surprising that when you pass laws about guns that there are still murderers that will use them? 

This problem of people using guns to kill is not an easy one to resolve. You could pass a law banning all guns and I doubt that would have much of an effect because we have a society predisposed to violence.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Obama's last move as President has to be some sort of gun control.  Up to now he has not made his critic's predictions come true.  If anything, people have more gun rights under him.  He approved the proposal to allow hand guns on national parks with his credit card reform bill.

Personally I don't care what he does but this latest senseless deaths of two Police officers and a citizen, has to get him thinking.

[/QUOTE]

What kind of gun control do you think could be put in place that could have prevented these latest killings? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Seriously? People have more gun rights under Obama?

That's got to be up there amount the craziest statements ever.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

In response to WhatNowDoYouWant's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sadly, I think this particular event may be one of the ones that nothing related to gun control would reasonably stop, unless there was ample evidence of imminent danger. Then again I don't know much about the incident.

[/QUOTE]

From what I have read, I agree.

it's a bad world out there.  This idea that taking our right to defend ourselves away will somehow neutralize these threats, from crazy people, or worse, same people intent on harm, is a prime example of ill founded dependency on government to protect us all the time.  It is just not possible.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to ronreganfan's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you think we have less? Name all of the legislation he's put in place that truly lessens our gun rights.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It may be a crazy statement but it is also true. Much like everything else..Obama has been very weak on this issue.

With regards to the OP..I am guessing that this latest incident changes nothing ( sadly). If the murder of 20 children at Sandy Hook wasn't reason enough to pass comprehensive, federal gun laws that include background checks and mental health evaluations...then I don't know what is.

These multiple shootings are becoming more and more commonplace...so commonplace that they barely make headlines anymore.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you think we have less? Name all of the legislation he's put in place that truly lessens our gun rights.

[/QUOTE]

I made no such claim. You, however, said gun rights have expanded under Obama. Tell me where gun rights have been expanded.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It may be a crazy statement but it is also true. Much like everything else..Obama has been very weak on this issue.

With regards to the OP..I am guessing that this latest incident changes nothing ( sadly). If the murder of 20 children at Sandy Hook wasn't reason enough to pass comprehensive, federal gun laws that include background checks and mental health evaluations...then I don't know what is.

These multiple shootings are becoming more and more commonplace...so commonplace that they barely make headlines anymore.

[/QUOTE]

Again, show me where Obama has increased gun rights, if such a thing is possible.

it is simply an ineffective argument to claim because all our guns were not confiscated after sandy hook that our rights have somehow increased. Simply bad logic. Admit you are wrong and we can move on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I made no such claim. You, however, said gun rights have expanded under Obama. Tell me where gun rights have been expanded.

[/QUOTE]

Whoa...hold on their chief. You stated...and I quote...

"Seriously? People have more gun rights under Obama? That's got to be up there amount the craziest statements ever."

Soooooo, if you think that is a crazy statement then logically one would deduce you think we DON'T have more gun rights. Therefore I ASKED you if you think we have LESS. You can either answer it or not.

Now....to your claim that I stated our gun rights have expanded. Um....could you please show me the post where I said that? Oh what? You can't, because I didn't say that? Gotcha. At this point you can take your head out of your backside.

Btw...at the federal level I do not think our gun rights have expanded.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Gun laws at the federal level have been unchanged under Obama.  At the state level, they have continued to expand in many states.  An example would be Georgia, where it is now legal to carry a gun into establishments like bars, churches, and even airports.  Gun rights have expanded for many Americans during this presidency, but not because of anything Obama did.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Whoa...hold on their chief. You stated...and I quote...

"Seriously? People have more gun rights under Obama? That's got to be up there amount the craziest statements ever."

Soooooo, if you think that is a crazy statement then logically one would deduce you think we DON'T have more gun rights. Therefore I ASKED you if you think we have LESS. You can either answer it or not.

Now....to your claim that I stated our gun rights have expanded. Um....could you please show me the post where I said that? Oh what? You can't, because I didn't say that? Gotcha. At this point you can take your head out of your backside.

Btw...at the federal level I do not think our gun rights have expanded.

[/QUOTE]

confusing you and the OP, sorry.

We don't have more gun rights, and no, it is not logical to assume my position is the polar opposite of yours.

Here's the OP claim:

"if anything, people have more gun rights under him."

The OP made an unfounded claim, I called him on it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gun laws at the federal level have been unchanged under Obama.  At the state level, they have continued to expand in many states.  An example would be Georgia, where it is now legal to carry a gun into establishments like bars, churches, and even airports.  Gun rights have expanded for many Americans during this presidency, but not because of anything Obama did.

[/QUOTE]

And, in Connecticut, gun ownership restrictions have increased.

mixed bag at the state level.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mixed bag, but not equally.

Since Newtown, 109 state gun laws have been passed.  39 to tighten restrictions, 70 to loosen restrictions.

A thorough summary of the laws at this link:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/10/us/state-gun-laws-enacted-in-the-year-since-newtown.html

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mixed bag, but not equally.

Since Newtown, 109 state gun laws have been passed.  39 to tighten restrictions, 70 to loosen restrictions.

A thorough summary of the laws at this link:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/10/us/state-gun-laws-enacted-in-the-year-since-newtown.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/10/us/state-gun-laws-enacted-in-the-year-since-newtown.html

[/QUOTE]

Loosening restrictions is clearly the way to go. Look at Chicago, for example.

The states are leading while the Feds try to buy up all the ammo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

We don't have more gun rights, and no, it is not logical to assume my position is the polar opposite of yours.

Here's the OP claim:

So let me ask you then...do you think we have LESS gun rights in this country now? If so explain how

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Last move ????  Heck, as they say, "HE HAS NOT YET BEGAN HIS FINAL MOVES "...... Just think what he can do in TWO more years ??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

Here's the OP claim:

So let me ask you then...do you think we have LESS gun rights in this country now? If so explain how 

i don't know. I made no such representation.  I only called BS on people having more gun rights due to Obama.

Clearly, when you take a longer view, say, 50-75 years, our gun rights are much more restricted.  Some of it is federal law, some of it state law.  Rolling back some of this excessive restriction is seen by the left as problematic.  I see it as getting back to a society where I can protect myself more deliberately, because, when seconds count, the police are minutes away.  Dependency on the government for personal protection, where the police are seen as the primary respondents, is not right.  People are the primary respondents for their own protection.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Thanks for all the responses, I have only read a few and will get to the rest later.

I think I listed how people have more gun rights under Obama.  As soon as he took office he passed a bill which included that people can carry licensed hand guns onto National Parks.  Personally I think it was a good move.

Someone please tell me what gun rights Obama has taken away?

For eight years, all I have been hearing is Obama will take away "our" gun rights.  He hasn't but I think he will satisfy all the people who want it to happen, just so they can say " I told you so".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Nobody has done more for gun sales across the board since perhaps Oliver North.

More guns = more gun deaths

"When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front-row seat."  - GC

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here's the OP claim:

[/QUOTE]

i don't know. I made no such representation.  I only called BS on people having more gun rights due to Obama.

Clearly, when you take a longer view, say, 50-75 years, our gun rights are much more restricted.  Some of it is federal law, some of it state law.  Rolling back some of this excessive restriction is seen by the left as problematic.  I see it as getting back to a society where I can protect myself more deliberately, because, when seconds count, the police are minutes away.  Dependency on the government for personal protection, where the police are seen as the primary respondents, is not right.  People are the primary respondents for their own protection.

[/QUOTE]

Never said you did make such representation. I only asked you IF...IF...IF you think we have less gun rights. And of course I was referring to during the Obama administration...you know...what we've been talking about. No one is talking about the last 50-75 years. The issue is whether you think their are less gun rights put in place during Obama's administration BY Obama. Do you or don't you? It's a real simple question even you should be able to grasp. The question is whether or not you'll actually man up and answer the direct question with a direct answer. I'm betting no...but willing to be proven wrong

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that a very big chunk of foreign policy is weapons control - who has them, what kind, and how many.

What on earth makes us think we can control anyone else's weapons (much less violent behavior) when we can't control our own?

Heaven forbid we even try to influence the social factors that lead to such behavior in the first place.

"When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front-row seat."  - GC

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Another deadly shooting, this time in Oregon and another student.  O'Bama's reign has been full of these senseless deaths and if there were a way to blame him without chancing gun control, the people who hate him would do it.

Not sure what he will do but I am willing to bet that Obama does something related to gun control, before he leaves office.

25. This post has been removed.