Obama's support and poll lead tanks!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/Polls.aspx?id=309635713550536

The most accurate pollster in 04 say's it's tied today after having Obama up by 5 a few days ago. If the trend continues McCain will be up big by Nov 4th.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20081024/D940P8G03.html

Financial contributions drop by 50%? What does that mean about his supporters?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Meanwhile, the poll aggregator 538 has determined McCain's chances of winning at about 4%.

Way to cherry-pick your polls from Drudge....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

Drudge did not do the poll?!

Investers business daily did and they were by far the most accurate in 04. Nice deflection though.

How do you spin Obama drop in contributions?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from June09. Show June09's posts

I don't think a drop in donations equals a loss in support. All they've been talking about on the news is his record-breaking fundraising and how much more money he has than McCain. I prefer Obama, but I don't really think he needs another $20 from me. I guess I'm not brainwashed or drinking the "kool-aid" everyone seems to be talking about.

Let me be clear, I'm not going to make another donation because I don't think he really needs it, not because I don't trust the way he'd spend it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

Spare yourselves the pre-election angst, my friends. It seems to me we're going back to the olden days when RELIABLE data on who won didn't come out until at least the next morning after the election. Between the wafflers and the liars, it is just too close to call.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcgons19. Show mcgons19's posts

Keep saying it, click your heels 3 times, and maybe it will come true.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

[Quote]Keep saying it, click your heels 3 times, and maybe it will come true.[/Quote]

How do you explain Obama being up by 10 going into the primary in New Hampshire and then losing by 10?
    That is a 20 point swing in a matter of hours if the polls were correct going in.

How do you explain Kerry and algore both being up by 4 to 7 points in 00 and 04 and both losing??

If the trend continues it's better to be down in the polls going in to the elections if you are a republican.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmatthew68. Show kmatthew68's posts

A month ago, when most polls showed Obama pulling away but the Gallup poll had a dead heat, I was told my the Republicans on this board that Gallup was the most reliable. Two weeks ago I was told that the only reliable poll was the Zogby poll. Obama is now up by 12 in the Zogby poll. Now we have a new poll which is supposed to be the most reliable. It's hard to keep up, it really is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmatthew68. Show kmatthew68's posts

[Quote]

How do you explain Obama being up by 10 going into the primary in New Hampshire and then losing by 10?
    That is a 20 point swing in a matter of hours if the polls were correct going in.

How do you explain Kerry and algore both being up by 4 to 7 points in 00 and 04 and both losing??

If the trend continues it's better to be down in the polls going in to the elections if you are a republican.[/Quote]

It was more like a 5 point swing in NH. Hillary won by 3, and it's funny because I don't remember Al Gore being up by 7 or Kerry being up by 4 with a week to go.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

[Quote]A month ago, when most polls showed Obama pulling away but the Gallup poll had a dead heat, I was told my the Republicans on this board that Gallup was the most reliable. Two weeks ago I was told that the only reliable poll was the Zogby poll. Obama is now up by 12 in the Zogby poll. Now we have a new poll which is supposed to be the most reliable. It's hard to keep up, it really is.[/Quote]

They are different polls. National, battle ground, likely voters, registered voters etc.

Some pollsters are better than others at certain types of polling.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thoj. Show thoj's posts

From what I remember of 04, Rasmussen was considered most accurate of the public polls (mason dixon being #1 but is private and does not deseminate):

http://www.slate.com/id/2110860/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmatthew68. Show kmatthew68's posts

[Quote]

They are different polls. National, battle ground, likely voters, registered voters etc.

Some pollsters are better than others at certain types of polling.[/Quote]

I don't disagree, I was just pointing out that Republicans favorite pollsters seem to change depending on how well their candidate is doing in that poll.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

[Quote]

I don't disagree, I was just pointing out that Republicans favorite pollsters seem to change depending on how well their candidate is doing in that poll.[/Quote]

Of course. The same as democrats chose which polls they like more.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmatthew68. Show kmatthew68's posts

[Quote]

Of course. The same as democrats chose which polls they like more.[/Quote]

The difference being of course is Democrats have a lot more polls to choose from.