Oh What a Night....one suspect dead one on the run

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Oh What a Night....one suspect dead one on the run

One suspect in the Marathon bombing is dead after a shootout with police following a night of mayhem in which the suspects...now idendified as brothers from Chechnya ...killed an MIT police officer and gravely wounded an MBTA officer.

Police from dozens of communitys, DHS, ATF, FBI and the national guard are in the area of Watertown and surrounding communities.

Let's hope they catch the second suspect !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Oh What a Night....one suspect dead one on the run

Also..I hope they catch the second suspect alive. In this way..maybe we can get some answers.

I feel better that now we have a face to the Evil...just a couple of young punks. It will be interesting to see if they have any ties to organized terrorist groups..or if they acted on their own...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Also..I hope they catch the second suspect alive. In this way..maybe we can get some answers.

I feel better that now we have a face to the Evil...just a couple of young punks. It will be interesting to see if they have any ties to organized terrorist groups..or if they acted on their own...

too early to say. i wish they could have captured the first guy alive. he got off to easy IMO.

reports say that he died of an explosion, not sure if he self detonated to prevent being captured alive..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i don't think they are part of an external organization... doubtful that they would have tried to rob a 7/11 if they were.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

edit/error

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

i don't think they are part of an external organization... doubtful that they would have tried to rob a 7/11 if they were.

Hi Mef..that's pretty much what I'm thinking. I am listening to news coverage and everything seems to be unfolding so quickly. I also heard that the dead suspect was run over by a car as well.

Now..then entire city of Boston has been put in a lock down mode. Has this ever happened??? Mindblowing for sure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Uncle is being interviewed on Channel 4, but he has not been in touch with them lately.

Seems to be shocked.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to Robin39's comment:

Uncle is being interviewed on Channel 4, but he has not been in touch with them lately.

Seems to be shocked.

No doubt he is shocked...I often feel bad for the families of suspects in heinous crimes such as this. Their shock must be different and greater than the rest of us.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Reportedly..police has arrested a person at the home of the two suspects..a third person  who was not considered one of the suspects til now...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

http://tunein.com/radio/Boston-Police-Fire-and-EMS-Scanner-s146109/ They are closing in...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

It's crazy Robin....I'll tell you ..my hat goes off to law enforcement. They've done a remarkable job in the face of this non stop crisis.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

http://tunein.com/radio/Boston-Police-Fire-and-EMS-Scanner-s146109/ They are closing in...

It's crazy Robin....I'll tell you ..my hat goes off to law enforcement. They've done a remarkable job in the face of this non stop crisis.

I'm speechless (except for this comment), re: homeland security, the state police, the FBI.  The gold standard for excellence; I am truly humbled to be in their midst.  

The uncle is also shocked, speechless.   Has not been in touch with his nephews since 2009.   You can easily see the resemblance between him and his nephews.   Shocker.    

The media has reported that this killer has maintained a low profile, that no one, absolutely no one that knew him, would have ever suspected that he was a violent killer of this magnitude, or that he was involved in terrorist activity.   This is how they are trained.  

Never in my life ...

Take care, everyone.   Stay safe.     ETA: I had an appointment in one of the towns under lockdown this morning, which of course, has been cancelled.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:

I'm speechless (except for this comment), re: homeland security, the state police, the FBI.  The gold standard for excellence; I am truly humbled to be in their midst.  

The uncle is also shocked, speechless.   Has not been in touch with his nephews since 2009.   You can easily see the resemblance between him and his nephews.   Shocker.    

The media has reported that this killer has maintained a low profile, that no one, absolutely no one that knew him, would have ever suspected that he was a violent killer of this magnitude, or that he was involved in terrorist activity.   This is how they are trained.  

Never in my life ...

Take care, everyone.   Stay safe.     ETA: I had an appointment in one of the towns under lockdown this morning, which of course, has been cancelled.  

You too Yogafriend....I have an event later today in that general area..close to one of the towns on lockdown. Hopefully they get this wrapped up before I hit the road..lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

IMHO These guys have military training from somewhere and were throwing explosives at police and killing with out cause (MIT policeman was reportedly just sitting in his car) and 1 was able to as authorities put it "vanish" after the chase. IF, they are part of a larger cell it is entirely feasible the cell has cut them off now so, they can't lead authorities directly to them.

I hope the last one is taken alive but, I serioudsly doubt he will be. Then we (especially the public)may never know what their connections were or were not.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Not sure how much military training a 19 year old (whose been here a year) would have.

I hope they capture him alive.  I'd love to hear an explanatrion of why they went on such a bizarre rampage.....and where they got their guns.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

Not sure how much military training a 19 year old (whose been here a year) would have.

I hope they capture him alive.  I'd love to hear an explanatrion of why they went on such a bizarre rampage.....and where they got their guns.

I dont know either but, I hope we find out.

One report said they were throwing explosives; possibly hand grenades at police during the chase. If true, That takes support to obtain and a certain skill level (training) to accomplish.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

The father said he spoke to his sons by phone earlier this week. "We talked about the bombing. I was worried about then," Anzor Tsarnaev said.

He said his sons reassured him, saying, "Everything is good, Daddy. Everything is very good."

The elder Tsarnaev insisted that his sons were innocent, but said he would appeal to his son to "surrender peacefully."

"Give up. Give up. You have a bright future ahead of you. Come home to Russia," the dad said.

The father warned, however, "If they killed him, then all hell would break loose."

"If they kill my second child, I will know that it is an inside job, a hit job. The police are to blame," the father told ABC News. "Someone, some organization is out to get them."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/boston-bomb-suspects-dad-tells-son-surrender-hell/story?id=18995936

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

and the 19 year old has been in the country since he was 8. he's only been a citizen a year though but that doesn't matter. he;s been in the states for most of his life. no way he has any military experience.. the other brother (the one killed last night) has been here for 6 years but not a citizen. Out of the 2, he is the one who likely has military experience (if any)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

I dont know either but, I hope we find out.

One report said they were throwing explosives; possibly hand grenades at police during the chase. If true, That takes support to obtain and a certain skill level (training) to accomplish.

....it's a grenade. not too difficult to grasp how to use. Besides, you can learn how to use them and make an assortment of otther explosives just by going on the internet.. So it's hard to say they have any formal training when they could just be 2 messed up dudes with bad intentions and an internet connection

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

....it's a grenade. not too difficult to grasp how to use. Besides, you can learn how to use them and make an assortment of otther explosives just by going on the internet.. So it's hard to say they have any formal training when they could just be 2 messed up dudes with bad intentions and an internet connection

Ok hang onto that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Ok hang onto that.

and you keep hanging onto the notion that an 8 year old came to this country as a trained terrorist..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

and you keep hanging onto the notion that an 8 year old came to this country as a trained terrorist..

When did I say that?

Although extremist groups are known for starting the indoctrination process much younger than 8.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

When did I say that?

Although extremist groups are known for starting the indoctrination process much younger than 8.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts